AEW - "The Story of a Mark and His Money.." Edit: Brian Gewirtz: "AEW is in the top 5 every week, someone will pay them"

drifter

Superstar
Daps
I think Zaslav has been funny style since day one he took over, but the fact that AEW is considered relativley inexpensive non scripted tv (Tony is paying the talent and producing the show) is probably in a fukked up way a good thing for AEW. And if cost cutting Zaslav lets the NBA walk with its large price tag which would lift WBD out of further debt and concentrates on AEW dont be surprised.....and Im also here for the befuddlement of people in general if they do.
I don't think they concentrate any additional budget around AEW beyond Dynamite and the scripted reality show they'll try again since Cody fukked off. I think Rampage is gone here shortly. Like the arguments against WCW from AOL/Time Warner execs in 00/01, they can show a movie or Big Bang Theory in the same slots and get the same or larger audience.

They're cutting costs across the board, TV and apps like HBO Max. I don't think they're throwing everything and the kitchen sink (NBA) into the street to make room for more wrestling. AEW for them is cheap since it's all out of Tony's pocket but the cheapest content for them is the large library they'll lean on

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I don't think they concentrate any additional budget around AEW beyond Dynamite and the scripted reality show they'll try again since Cody fukked off. I think Rampage is gone here shortly. Like the arguments against WCW from AOL/Time Warner execs in 00/01, they can show a movie or Big Bang Theory in the same slots and get the same or larger audience.

They're cutting costs across the board, TV and apps like HBO Max. I don't think they're throwing everything and the kitchen sink (NBA) into the street to make room for more wrestling. AEW for them is cheap since it's all out of Tony's pocket but the cheapest content for them is the large library they'll lean on
Warner is in huge debt.
They cant keep spending without adequate RoI. Live, unscripted programming is cheap and brings in audience and it fits young male demos that have been underserved by WB so zaslav isnt going to get rid of it if its low cost.

That said he was brought in by att to get wb and discovery up to shape so att can sell it to pay for their infrastructure upgrades.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
After seeing that Omega vs Ospreay is happening I change my stance on firing Punk

I'd bring his ass back at a reduced salary if possible, But when his ass is healed I'd bring him back as a heel and maybe put him with BD and Mox and run that group vs The Elite (including Hangman) for most of next year. Too much money and good storylines/dream matches to leave on the table.
Way better alternative than paying out the rest of that contract. He’ll have to develop thicker skin, Elite gonna have to stop the dirt sheet chatty patty shyt. Jericho gonna have to stop being bitter over a podcast

drifter

Superstar
Daps
After seeing that Omega vs Ospreay is happening I change my stance on firing Punk

I'd bring his ass back at a reduced salary if possible, But when his ass is healed I'd bring him back as a heel and maybe put him with BD and Mox and run that group vs The Elite (including Hangman) for most of next year. Too much money and good storylines/dream matches to leave on the table.
Way better alternative than paying out the rest of that contract. He’ll have to develop thicker skin, Elite gonna have to stop the dirt sheet chatty patty shyt. Jericho gonna have to stop being bitter over a podcast

What's the benefit if you're Punk? "Reduced salary" lmao the nerve

You know he got paid his full salary, didn't even have to work the final year. Otherwise I'm sure there's some litigation action that could've gotten him the rest of his money. Tony paid 10 mil for an 8 year old video game, he's paying whatever to have this go away.

I can keep my skin as thin as I want it and I don't have to bruise my knuckles on one of those idiot's faces ever again. I can heal up and go to WWE for a lst one off with AEW payments overlapping with I'd make in WWE. There's nothing left to do in AEW if you're Punk.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I never understood why AEW never brings in Kittle. Dude is a HUGE Penta stan. I remember they did a whole thing about Cero Miedo & Penta whenever the 49ers went to the Super Bowl a few years ago. He shows up in the WWE pre-shows every so often. Maybe it can be seen as tampering with Tony Khan working for & owning the Jaguars.
Because you can’t have a Bay Area football player show up in NY or ATL. :skip:

Wait until they’re in SF area.

Wolfpac

Don't Turn Your Back....
Supporter
Daps
I never understood why AEW never brings in Kittle. Dude is a HUGE Penta stan. I remember they did a whole thing about Cero Miedo & Penta whenever the 49ers went to the Super Bowl a few years ago. He shows up in the WWE pre-shows every so often. Maybe it can be seen as tampering with Tony Khan working for & owning the Jaguars.
Revolution is in San Fran next year, maybe they'll bring him in then. :yeshrug:

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

You know he got paid his full salary, didn't even have to work the final year. Otherwise I'm sure there's some litigation action that could've gotten him the rest of his money. Tony paid 10 mil for an 8 year old video game, he's paying whatever to have this go away.

I can keep my skin as thin as I want it and I don't have to bruise my knuckles on one of those idiot's faces ever again. I can heal up and go to WWE for a lst one off with AEW payments overlapping with I'd make in WWE. There's nothing left to do in AEW if you're Punk.

There’s no WWE one offs. Saudi is paid for and Punk wasn’t mania main event material a decade ago. Punk can’t make whatever money Tony offers elsewhere. Punk is in the exact same situation with both people where he would have to make things ‘right’ with people in power.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps

Benefit?

:childplease: fukk his benefit. He signed a contract and been out most of it. I’d freeze and extend his shyt too

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN

Everything we've heard in recent months post-cody and Zaslav coming with the aim to slash budgets is Warners is still into AEW and in fact wants them to give them more content, hence why they're doing that reality show

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
There’s no WWE one offs. Saudi is paid for and Punk wasn’t mania main event material a decade ago. Punk can’t make whatever money Tony offers elsewhere. Punk is in the exact same situation with both people where he would have to make things ‘right’ with people in power.

I would argue WWE has to make things right with him but its all semantics. They misdiagnosed a staph infection and when he spoke out about it they unsuccessfully tried to sue him (or successfully broke his friendship dependng on how machievellian one has to be)

But again its all semantics, both sides would have to put water under the bridge

King Kai

Supporter
Daps

I hear you but if Punk was able to put his career over his ego, he wouldn't be on the outs with both major promotions. He can't help himself.

I knew his "grateful veteran" shtick would wear off but I didn't realize it would happen so soon :dead:

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I would argue WWE has to make things right with him but its all semantics. They misdiagnosed a staph infection and when he spoke out about it they unsuccessfully tried to sue him (or successfully broke his friendship dependng on how machievellian one has to be)

But again its all semantics, both sides would have to put water under the bridge

They fired the doc and Vince so that’s not really the case here. Punk’s problems are with HHH and Roman who he made unprovoked (to our knowledge) comments about. Hell, his beef with the Bucks likely comes from them being close with AJ and Kevin Owens and getting famously paranoid

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
They fired the doc and Vince so that’s not really the case here. Punk’s problems are with HHH and Roman who he made unprovoked (to our knowledge) comments about. Hell, his beef with the Bucks likely comes from them being close with AJ and Kevin Owens and getting famously paranoid

He has no problems with Roman, I really wish people would go back and listen to the pod where he talks about the "Make Roman look strong" stuff. He was talking about the agents in the back having to overemphasize it as if they didnt know he was gonna make sure to put him over. Even after he left he praised him whenever asked.

Idiots on the IWC weaponized that comment to discredit Reigns but that was never ever Punk's intent.