Africa bucking the strongman trend?

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
I don't know, maybe I am out on a limb here. Of course Africa still has plenty of strongmen, from Bashir (Sudan) to Afwerki (Eritrea) to Kagame (Rwanda) and I guess Joseph Kabila could get thrown in the mix though I don't see him as the strongman type despite ruling with an iron fist. I don't count Buhari (sorry @The Odum of Ala Igbo).

But given what we are seeing in the US, Mexico, Brazil, much of Europe and even in Asia (China, India, Philippines), is it just me or are Africans overall the only continent not rushing to get back on that strongman kick. Africa is probably out of sync with the world as they had to endure this bullshyt for much of the past 50 years and see little attraction in it while the rest of the world had stability they seem to take for granted now. With Mugabe, dos Santos, and Zenawi out maybe Africa will try to be the place to elect sane (or semi-sane) non-war mongers. Maybe it will get some breathing room for Pan-Africanism while the rest of the world bashes each others heads in :yeshrug: Or it will just backslide in 10 years and prove me wrong:francis:

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
I don't know, maybe I am out on a limb here. Of course Africa still has plenty of strongmen, from Bashir (Sudan) to Afwerki (Eritrea) to Kagame (Rwanda) and I guess Joseph Kabila could get thrown in the mix though I don't see him as the strongman type despite ruling with an iron fist. I don't count Buhari (sorry @The Odum of Ala Igbo).

But given what we are seeing in the US, Mexico, Brazil, much of Europe and even in Asia (China, India, Philippines), is it just me or are Africans overall the only continent not rushing to get back on that strongman kick. Africa is probably out of sync with the world as they had to endure this bullshyt for much of the past 50 years and see little attraction in it while the rest of the world had stability they seem to take for granted now. With Mugabe, dos Santos, and Zenawi out maybe Africa will try to be the place to elect sane (or semi-sane) non-war mongers. Maybe it will get some breathing room for Pan-Africanism while the rest of the world bashes each others heads in :yeshrug: Or it will just backslide in 10 years and prove me wrong:francis:

We shall see how the 2019 elections in Nigeria go...