African American men will suffer the most as automation destroys jobs once held by humans

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Why they always bringing black folks up like cacs who working those jobs in rural areas and farmers loosing their jobs under Trump right now?!?:what: worry bout ya damn selves cause y'all make up more of America's population

Freedman

Choppers For Karate Nggas
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
It's definitely already happening now. They shuttle in nurses from the Philiphines, pay them at a discount, collect the difference in wages as profit, etc. etc. You also literally have nurses doing these jobs off shore. The big insurance companies already do this and it's starting to make its way into healthcare as well.
This is also happening with teachers

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Why they always bringing black folks up like cacs who working those jobs in rural areas and farmers loosing their jobs under Trump right now?!?:what: worry bout ya damn selves cause y'all make up more of America's population
When white society gets a cold black society get pneumonia. In other word automation is going to devastate the black community far worse than white society. Hence why that report that came out that said black wealth by 2053 will amount to $0. We need more reports like this to so black people can wake up up to get their collective shyt together. If not by 2053 we are looking at 50%+ black unemployment and by that time there will be govt cuts to social spending(food stamp, welfare,unemployment benefits etc).

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
When white society gets a cold black society get pneumonia. In other word automation is going to devastate the black community far worse than white society. Hence why that report that came out that said black wealth by 2053 will amount to $0. We need more reports like this to so black people can wake up up to get their collective shyt together. If not by 2053 we are looking at 50%+ black unemployment and by that time there will be govt cuts to social spending(food stamp, welfare,unemployment benefits etc).

I get that but they continue to ignore their own predicament making us the face of unemployment when you have whole cac owned farms going under and entire states of cacs on welfare shyt makes no sense considering were not that big part of the American overall population...:what: their numbers is dwindling too with their declining birth rates just wish they stop shoving this transparent agenda in our face. Black folks will adapt and survive we always have it's up to us to teach our kids the tools they need in the future. These cacs won't even teach their own...

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
The fourth industrial revolution is coming and black people need to get our collective shyt together because by 2050 black wealth in America is gonna be $0. At that point you will be a permanent underclass. We need more black men to get into stem degrees not worthless degrees like communications, liberal arts, psychology. We have to start now with the kids in elementary school. The problem is not many brothers are into STEM degrees. If we don’t do anything shyt will be a disaster by 2050.

It will have to take a massive culture shift in the way black parents think though. They have to push their kids into degrees that are demand. That’s how Indians, Asian, Arabs, African and Caribbean parents do. Hence why they come here and become so successful. Black parents can’t simply just think their child is in college that everything is all good. They have to put emphasis on degrees where their children will get a high paying job. Also we have to have more black owned charter schools. Jefferey Canada showed the way at his Harlem charter school that when black men lead in education the boys do very well. That means pulling black children from public schools and into black owned charter schools and create a pipeline into finance, buisnnes, technology, and health care. The time is now for solutions. Waiting for reparations is not gonna be it because it will take a very long time for that to come and or it may never happen. So it’s time for black people to retake their autonomy.

Interesting points and everything. However, bad degrees are not the main issue for the racial wealth gap(which has been orchestrated) and even large amount of Blacks in stem won't really fix that. Especially the large head start Whites already have over us. More importantly(and I know many will disagree...
More STEM education won’t protect our jobs from robots
More STEM education won't protect our jobs from robots

I do agree that Blacks need to avoid "useless" degrees but that's not enough. As for immigrants like East Asians, Arabs and Indians their success is not solely due to the degrees they received but already having capital back home. I know this because an Indian friend told me this and data has supported this. I do agree 100% with charter schools but I feel Blacks in America really need to do this.
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/black-diasporic-essentials-for-liberation.447717/

Lastly I feel more and more Black people should get into real estate as passive income especially in the South where property is still cheaper for the most part. As for reparations yea it may take a long time but that is a fight Black Americans should keep fighting for and causing destruction to the political system with while we do the things you/me just posted about.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We need ubi, the biggest problem in the black community is a lack of capital. Imagine what UBI does for black business and black communities in America. Plus it helps build and insulate the black dollar so it’s more resistant to changes. Keep the money in the community instead of constantly spending it elsewhere.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Mecklenburg County Launches Small Business Loan Program
By Tim Spears Charlotte
PUBLISHED 4:40 PM ET Oct. 07, 2019
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Mecklenburg County dedicated nearly $3 million to help local entrepreneurs.

• The Small Business Loan Program will offer up to $75,000 with fixed 2% interest rates to small businesses
  • A study says nearly 60% of small and mid-size businesses say it’s difficult getting financing
  • The county is contributing $2.75 million to fund the first year of the program
Its new Small Business Loan Program will offer up to $75,000 with fixed 2% interest rates to small businesses in Mecklenburg County.

According to a new survey from Pepperdine University’s School of Business, nearly 60% of small and mid-size businesses say it’s difficult getting financing.

The Carolina Small Business Development Fund will handle the loans and give entrepreneurs guidance if an application is accepted.

“Not only are they willing to make a loan to you but they put you through a lot of training to make sure you have the necessary skillset to actually run a business,” chairman of the Mecklenburg County Board of Commissioners, George Dunlap, said.
Mecklenburg County Launches Small Business Loan Program

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I have a good degree, I'm good. :yeshrug:

There's blacks in my family that go degrees in Engineering and Nursing, all are eating good

And Nigerians are doing damn good, they not going anywhere

Last edited:

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Interesting points and everything. However, bad degrees are not the main issue for the racial wealth gap(which has been orchestrated) and even large amount of Blacks in stem won't really fix that. Especially the large head start Whites already have over us. More importantly(and I know many will disagree...
More STEM education won’t protect our jobs from robots
More STEM education won't protect our jobs from robots

I do agree that Blacks need to avoid "useless" degrees but that's not enough. As for immigrants like East Asians, Arabs and Indians their success is not solely due to the degrees they received but already having capital back home. I know this because an Indian friend told me this and data has supported this. I do agree 100% with charter schools but I feel Blacks in America really need to do this.
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/black-diasporic-essentials-for-liberation.447717/

Lastly I feel more and more Black people should get into real estate as passive income especially in the South where property is still cheaper for the most part. As for reparations yea it may take a long time but that is a fight Black Americans should keep fighting for and causing destruction to the political system with while we do the things you/me just posted about.

You make points I agree with however immigrants understand the best way to rise from lower to upper middle class is through education. Once you go up a higher income bracket you now the resources to investment in real estate, stocks, bonds and owning buisnesses. It has reported when you make $70k and up a year your outlook in life improves and that you have in your disposal more resources to make more money. It takes dough to make bread. And jobs in IT, healthcare and finance are high paying professional jobs. Not only that blue collar jobs also are high paying as well. In the end we need more black male doctors, bankers, contractors etc. There is more ways to skin a cat. Hell I tell brothas who don’t know what to do to join the police force or Port Authority Police here NYC. NYPD pays very well and has good benefits. Big city govt jobs are high paying.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
You make points I agree with however immigrants understand the best way to rise from lower to upper middle class is through education.
Yea education is important. But to ignore that many of these immigrant groups(Arabs, Indians, East Asians) already come from affluent backgrounds back home leaves a lot out of context. Take Indians for example,

Most Americans know only one thing about Indians–they are really good at spelling bees. When Sameer Mishra correctly spelled guerdon last May to win the 2008 Scripps National Spelling Bee, he became the sixth Indian-American winner in the past 10 years. Finishing second was Sidharth Chand. Kavya Shivashankar took fourth place, and Janhnavi Iyer grabbed the eighth spot. And this was not even the banner year for Indian Americans–in 2005, the top four finishers were all of Indian descent.

It’s tempting to dismiss Indian-American dominance of the spelling bee as just a cultural idiosyncrasy. But Indian success in more important fields is just as eye-catching. Despite constituting less than 1% of the U.S. population, Indian-Americans are 3% of the nation’s engineers, 7% of its IT workers and 8% of its physicians and surgeons. The overrepresentation of Indians in these fields is striking–in practical terms, your doctor is nine times more likely to be an Indian-American than is a random passerby on the street.

Indian Americans are in fact a new “model minority.” This term dates back to the 1960s, when East Asians–Americans of Chinese, Japanese and Korean descent–were noted for their advanced educations and high earnings.

East Asians continue to excel in the U.S, but among minority groups, Indians are clearly the latest and greatest “model.” In 2007, the median income of households headed by an Indian American was approximately $83,000, compared with $61,000 for East Asians and $55,000 for whites.

About 69% of Indian Americans age 25 and over have four-year college degrees, which dwarfs the rates of 51% and 30% achieved by East Asians and whites, respectively. Indian Americans are also less likely to be poor or in prison, compared with whites.

So why do Indian Americans perform so well? A natural answer is self-selection. Someone willing to pull up roots and move halfway around the world will tend to be more ambitious and hardworking than the average person. But people want to come to the U.S. for many reasons, some of which–being reunited with other family members, for example–have little to do with industriousness. Ultimately, immigration policy decides which kinds of qualities our immigrants possess.
https://www.forbes.com/2009/02/24/b...ibutors_immigrants_minority.html#1e3a2e4c583b

You can not compare the majority of Black Americans in America to immigrants like Indians. Two different diagnosis with two different procedures.

Once you go up a higher income bracket you now the resources to investment in real estate, stocks, bonds and owning buisnesses. It has reported when you make $70k and up a year your outlook in life improves and that you have in your disposal more resources to make more money. It takes dough to make bread. And jobs in IT, healthcare and finance are high paying professional jobs.
I agree but I am just saying that STEM is not as safe from automation as people may think. I definitely agree with jobs like fiances which I feel Blacks should corner.

Not only that blue collar jobs also are high paying as well. In the end we need more black male doctors, bankers, contractors etc. There is more ways to skin a cat. Hell I tell brothas who don’t know what to do to join the police force or Port Authority Police here NYC. NYPD pays very well and has good benefits. Big city govt jobs are high paying.

I agree with the majority but ehhhh... With the bolded I rather tell Blacks to take other governmental jobs or other trades. I tell Black people(especially younger than me) who don't know what to do to get into trucking or go to a vocational school.