African-American Slaves & West Africa - History Books are Lying (pt 1 & 2)

T'krm

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BA DOS Af pr
Ashanti is to Akan as Creole is to AA. They are Subgroups or Tribes if you will.
The definition of Ethnic group = Group of people who share similar experiences, traditions, languages, etc.
For example.
A BiRacial Person is Not Black, they are BiRacial.
But a BiRacial person could be AA, they could be Hispanic, they could be Arab, etc.
With the AA ethnic group, a White Person could not be an AA because their history in this country is different than that of the AA group, and they have always been separated. They wouldn't have been a Slave at the same time as an AA, they were not victims of Jim Crow, etc.
A Biracial person on the other hand could have been a Slave, Been a victim of Jim Crow, and has a Black (African) Parent, thus they were cultural brought up in the same culture as other AAs.

I do see the AADOS who came before me as my Ancestors though since we are all Africans/black and I have ancestral cousins who were brought to the Americas AND me being born in the USA means I inherit the issues of all AADOS (they not giving me a pass because of where my parents are from, Black is black to a white supremacist), so with that I honor the AADOS who came before me. AADOS may consider me an 'immigrant' but I'm not really concerned because under a system of White Supremacy I'm black and a victim.

:hhh:
Stuff like this is exactly why non native Blacks should not be invited to speak on our history. No offense @xoxodede Well intentions are admirable.
But more than not they speak out of turn by inserting their own narratives(usually biased) into the equation,and it usually begins a convoluted,distorted mess!!

Last edited:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why do yall always think that this is an attempt to separate from Africa? Why is it so so far fetched to believe that some of us didn’t get here by way of slavery? I’m proud to say my ancestors were from Africa but whether they got here due to slavery or on their own accord is something I’ll prolly never know

But even that is not true, because the Africans initially brought to British North America before 1661 were not slaves. They were actually indentured servants just like the English, Irish, Scots, etc., that came to the USA with them.
Indentured Servants In The U.S. | History Detectives | PBS
Africans in America | Part 1 | Narrative | From Indentured Servitude to Racial Slavery

Chattel slavery of Africans didn't start until much later in British North America ( I think that the first slavery statute was not enacted in Virginia until 1661). The first known slaves were John Punch and even later yet a man name John Casor, but both of those men were indentured servants; before being sentenced to a life of slavery.
The Horrible Fate of John Casor, The First Black Man to be Declared Slave for Life in America | Smart News | Smithsonian
Slavery and Indentured Servants:Law Library of Congress

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah they dont even teach about the kingdoms AAs have a more recent connection to and literally come from lol. Most they may do is touch on Mansa Musa being rich and thats about it.

Now when it comes to Egypt, based on what I learned about my tribe and ethnic group, we were present in the region, but our place in society (whether we were a slave class, merchents, etc) is something I dont know much about in detail so I dont even harp on it too much because it was just another stop for us in history.

I seem to recall being taught about Mali and Timbuktu. It was not a lot, but I do recall them touching on that as well as the Moors.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
:hhh:
Stuff like this is exactly why non native Blacks should be invited to speak on our history. No offense @xoxodede Well intentions are admirable.
But more than not they speak out of turn by inserting their own narratives(usually biased) into the equation,and it usually begins a convoluted,distorted mess!!

What's the issue?

You know I am for AADOS speaking and representing ourselves at all times -- but @LordCashmere was being very kind by explaining some particulars on Africa tribes, ethnic groups and kingdoms. Helping me (and others) understand how things work.

I really appreciate him for sharing his story - and how he views himself, his future family - and his overall reverence for AADOS.

He also understands, respects and most importantly supports AADOS in our claim as and distinct ethnic group. Which is rare round these parts.

Lastly, he has always been great (and respectful) about explaining and educating anyone who he comes in contact here on a host of topics.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I seem to recall being taught about Mali and Timbuktu. It was not a lot, but I do recall them touching on that as well as the Moors.

I dont remember ever being taught any of it honestly and I went to 'black schools'. There was a breh in 5th grade though who had a pops who would come in the class and just spit random facts and then at the end be like "everybody say black power" and our teacher (who was also a breh) would get pissed (class was all black kids, but his argument was that black power may offend some of the children or whatever) :mjlol:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
What's the issue?

You know I am for AADOS speaking and representing ourselves at all times -- but @LordCashmere was being very kind by explaining some particulars on Africa tribes, ethnic groups and kingdoms. Helping me (and others) understand how things work.

I really appreciate him for sharing his story - and how he views himself, his future family - and his overall reverence for AADOS.

He also understands, respects and most importantly supports AADOS in our claim as and distinct ethnic group. Which is rare round these parts.

Lastly, he has always been great (and respectful) about explaining and educating anyone who he comes in contact here on a host of topics.

I cant see who you are replying too, but it's probably someone I pissed off in the past trolling them for their Anti African rhetoric (either they were on some All Africans = c00ns or one of the AADOS dont come from Africans they are Native Americans/Indians).

hence my 'I`m from Crenshaw Mafia' on my profile which is poking fun at those types.

Brehs like @Akan know where I stand when it comes to this stuff, other cats who wanna do the whole "Africans are c00ns" stuff just hate me cause I know how to get under their skin :mjlol:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I do have a question about Nigeria though. Many state that Nigeria wasn't a country during the TransAtlantic Slave Trade - and therefore their ancestors didn't sell slaves.
But, that isn't true.

I saw "Lagos, Onim" in many of the records on Slave Voyages.

Here's one of many: Voyage Information

Timeline: Eko - Onim - Lagos - Lagos - City of Empire
Badagry - Wikipedia
Badagry, Nigeria -- One of the First Slave Port on the African West Coast -- Courtesy of The Freeman Institute...

Do they not know this? I thought they did - cause it's one of the things they say online when they want to be mean. The whole we sold you thing.

According to 23&me - I have no Nigerian DNA - but I know many other AA's do.

Like others have said; Nigeria is a colonial creation. It was not a country before that time. It could actually be best described as a collection of kingdoms that the English eventually conquered. The name "Nigeria" was actually given to the Country by a White woman named Flora Shaw, who was married to Nigeria colonial governor. So here is a picture of Nigeria's real Queen:

220px-Flora-ne-Shaw-Lady-Lugard.jpg

Flora Shaw, Lady Lugard - Wikipedia

Now you know why I like Ghana. :pachaha:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I cant see who you are replying too, but it's probably someone I pissed off in the past trolling them for their Anti African rhetoric (either they were on some All Africans = c00ns or one of the AADOS dont come from Africans they are Native Americans/Indians).

hence my 'I`m from Crenshaw Mafia' on my profile which is poking fun at those types.

Brehs like @Akan know where I stand when it comes to this stuff, other cats who wanna do the whole "Africans are c00ns" stuff just hate me cause I know how to get under their skin :mjlol:

Yeah I know where you stand, but you are kind of slowing walking your Pop's haplogroup to the board. I know you claiming Mande, but your Mama was Taureg. So I wanna see your Pop's ancestry, before I claim you.

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yeah I know where you stand, but you are kind of slowing walking your Pop's haplogroup to the board. I know you claiming Mande, but your Mama was Taureg. So I wanna see your Pop's ancestry, before I claim you as a you.
:mjgrin:
Last 150 yrs of ancestors were from a mande tribe so thats all that matters.
:blessed:
#AllLivesMatter

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Yeah I know where you stand, but you are kind of slowing walking your Pop's haplogroup to the board. I know you claiming Mande, but your Mama was Taureg. So I wanna see your Pop's ancestry, before I claim you as a you.

I wanted to ask you about https://promethease.com?

Have you used it? I did -- and it was pretty accurate for me -- in terms of health and familial health issues.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wanted to ask you about https://promethease.com?

Have you used it? I did -- and it was pretty accurate for me -- in terms of health and familial health issues.

No I have not. I might take a look at it later.

I have did so many tests that I am pretty confident about my results. I am Mande on both of parent's lines (Bissa on my father's line and Mende on my mother's line). I also have a high degree of Bantu DNA.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love how these people tell you not to believe books about slaves in America because they were written by white people but will use descriptions written by white people saying Native Americans had a black complextion as proof Africans were the first Natives. :mjlol: Like which is it? Also, quick fact! Black wasn't just used just for Africans long ago, but was a term used for anyone with dark skin. That is why aboriginals and even Indians from India were called black even though genetically we are not close.

In law there are some forms of hearsay that are acceptable in court. One of them is called an EXCITED UTTERANCE. The logic being that when someone sees something that surprises or startles them, the reaction that comes after it is most likely to be authentic and true cause you don't have enough time to make up a lie. What Europeans wrote when they first came to the Americas is similar to an excited utterance. They were excited about this new land they came to and were ready to tell their people back home what they found. It lends itself to more authenticity and truth.

Later books can't be trusted because after a while information can used for propaganda to push an agenda. After the initial excitement of finding America, crakkkas began spreading the lies of the slave trade so they could control us through propaganda. There's nothing hypocritical about it.

Last edited:

T'krm

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BA DOS Af pr
What's the issue?

Uh....not so much!!:patrice:
At least not consistently; as others would even attest to that, nonetheless ur experience is to be respected, so for now I'll :hubie:
In any regard, since many of us are researching,and discovering out lost African roots thinking about doing a thread on reconnecting in various ways...have to figure out how, w/o attracting the trolls, though..

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth
Like others have said; Nigeria is a colonial creation. It was not a country before that time. It could actually be best described as a collection of kingdoms that the English eventually conquered. The name "Nigeria" was actually given to the Country by a White woman named Flora Shaw, who was married to Nigeria colonial governor. So here is a picture of Nigeria's real Queen:

220px-Flora-ne-Shaw-Lady-Lugard.jpg

Flora Shaw, Lady Lugard - Wikipedia

Now you know why I like Ghana. :pachaha:

Props for the historical information. Not sure why Nigeria hasn't changed their name nor change their policies.

The British really finessed the shyt of them but you know, its typical of Cacs -- to use us for their monetary gain:stopitslime:.