Africans in Harlem : An Untold New York Story

get these nets

Veteran
Daps

Africans in Harlem: "You feel a sense of pride... This is the place you need to be." • FRANCE 24

FRANCE 24 English

Nov 22 , 2022
New York City's #Harlem neighbourhood became the center of Black American culture in the 1920s, and another "Harlem Renaissance" has been taking place in more recent years, this one driven by #immigrants from sub-Saharan Africa. The new book "#Africans in Harlem: An Untold New York Story" shines light on the African cultural influence shaping the neighbourhood. Author Boukary Sawadogo, associate professor of cinema studies at the City University of New York, explains that three quarters of African arrivals to the US came after the year 2000, many of them economic migrants from French-speaking countries like Senegal, Mali and Burkina Faso. Sawadogo joined us to chat about the African affinity for Harlem, the relationship between Africans and African-Americans, and the power of seeing Black heroes on screen in films like "Wakanda Forever".

============================

Dr Boukary Sawadogo nous fait vivre Harlem à travers "Africans in Harlem an untold New York Story"

Boima TV

Jun 9, 2022
[#REPORTAGE] Dr. Boukary Sawadogo NOUS FAIT VIVRE HARLEM A TRAVERS SON OEUVRE "Africans in Harlem an untold New York Story

@Frangala @mbewane @MischievousMonkey

BenchPressPapi

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
You have alot of hate in your heart my brother :francis:
full

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
You have alot of hate in your heart my brother :francis:

I have a lot of Love and Pride for my people.

We fought and built this country and we did not flee, I feel honored to live on the soil my ancestors built and I have enough pride not to flee when things get tough

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
imagine bragging about building something and yet allowing every other immigrant group to stake claim to it, without doing anything about it. this is not a flex.

africans will run Harlem in the future and theres nothing you will do about it :wow:

Isn't that what Asians, Indians and White people are doing to your country....the country you fled...This nikka is an oxymoron

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
He didn't say anything disrespectful or patronizing in my opinion.

I that clip he didn't preach flat blackness and gave respect to African American cultural uniqueness.

I'll give this a chance.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
imagine bragging about building something and yet allowing every other immigrant group to stake claim to it, without doing anything about it. this is not a flex.

africans will run Harlem in the future and theres nothing you will do about it :wow:

You need to reassess your energy before this thread goes in the wrong difference and people destroy the African elitist fantasy with facts.
\\\

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I’m glad he admitted that he was trying to fit in after the work we put in. :francis:

He insinuated that Africans were attracted to Harlem after all the work AA put in like Malcom, our art, style, etc. :manny:.

He gave props and wasn't disrespectful in my opinion :manny:

Last edited:

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Debated clicking this thread, any thread on this site with Harlem in the name.....it's a toss up

denzel-washington-my-heart.gif

Glad it wasn't no faggitry.

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Breh said today Africans fit in by selling Afrocentric things. Yeah nikka, like kente cloth made in China :pachaha: