After tonight, numbers should NOT be considered in the HOF case for Dwight Howard.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Did he really say Luc Longley and Tree Rollins :what:

:dead:

These dudes are wild.... I hope he's :troll: because that's absurd, even if you don't like Howard you have to admit he put in work when he was healthy.

As someone who has had issues with my back, it's really no surprise he's fallen off after back surgery. It's so debilitating

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
What the fukk does that have to do with anything?
A LOT actually. Again, he is going to have padded stats because he had no competition. Just think about him as a player without looking at the stat sheet, does he look like a hall of famer? In his entire career I can only think of one huge game in where he had to step up and did - Orlando game 6 to get to the finals.

Last night was another example. A 30 year old hall of famer DEMANDS the ball and tries to make things happen. You simply don't go out like this and there are way too many examples of dude just taking it in stride or losing his cool like he did in LA when the pressure was on.

You don't say this for hall of fame locks:

Last edited:

I.AM.PIFF

You're minor, we're major
Supporter
Daps
NBA probably has the most leniency with the hall. not saying those are bad numbers, but he'll probably get in.

several articles have been written about it. here's one.

Is the Basketball Hall of Fame too inclusive?

Several of these accolades are because he had no legit competition at C.

He would have not made all those first all NBA teams in another era.

You can only play what is in front of you. If someone like Richmond or Sampson (great but VERY SHORT career) can make it, why wouldn't Dwight make it when he's more accomplished than them?

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
But he was during that 08-11 period when he was anchoring an elite defense that won 50+ games, including a trip to the finals.

He was a good defensive center in a mostly center-less era. And except beating the Cavs (and I would argue that had more to do with Nelson and Hedo), that team didn't amount to much more than a lot of regular season wins in the lowly East.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
You can only play what is in front of you. If someone like Richmond or Sampson (great but VERY SHORT career) can make it, why wouldn't Dwight make it when he's more accomplished than them?

Exactly. Dwight's gonna make it. Again, it's the NBA hall. he's done enough for that.

Nobody cares about the Basketball HOF anyway :heh:

it is kinda low on the Hall totem pole... low key. :mjpls:

Daps
A LOT actually.
It virtually has nothing to do with HOF eligibility. If that were the case, most of the names pre-1970 don't belong in the HOF either.
Again, he is going to have padded stats because he had no competition.
Again, what does your perception of him having no competition at the 5 spot have to do with him making the HOF? You don't get into the HOF based on competition at your position, you get in based on your accomplishments and impact.
Just think about him as a player without looking at the stat sheet, does he look like a hall of famer? In his entire career I can only think of one huge game in where he had to step up and did - Orlando game 6 to get to the finals.
Does a player like Andy Phillip (5x All Star, 2x All-NBA second team; 9.1 ppg, 5.4 apg - career) look like a HOFer to you?

You're saying he shouldn't be considered for the HOF based on his numbers, then in the next breath you're telling me to not look at the stat sheet because it shows that he has the accolades of having a legitimate case?

:heh:
Last night was another example. A 30 year old hall of famer DEMANDS the ball and tries to make things happen. You simply don't go out like this and there are way too many examples of dude just taking it in stride or losing his cool like he did in LA when the pressure was on.
If you haven;t noticed, he's a shell of his former self due to his back issues. He's not capable of putting up #s and handling a big load [no homo] like he use to. If you went through the HOF, I'm sure you could nitpick and manipulate situations where A LOT of players didn't performing up to standard/their abilities. He's by no means a perfect player, but he certainly has accomplished enough in his career to be inducted into the HOF. Players with less accomplishments have made it in.

I.AM.PIFF

You're minor, we're major
Supporter
Daps
He was a good defensive center in a mostly center-less era. And except beating the Cavs (and I would argue that had more to do with Nelson and Hedo), that team didn't amount to much more than a lot of regular season wins in the lowly East.

He averaged 20.6pts/13.8rbs/2.6blks during that stretch and his team won 52, 59, 52 & 52 mostly on the back of his work. He may not have deserved to be MVP but he was certainly a candidate. They usually lost vs better teams, save for 2011 vs the Hawks (in which his supporting cast FAILED him big time).

He ranked 5th in MVP votes in 08, 4th in 09 & 10 & 2nd in 11. That's an MVP candidate.

The Cavs part is just :dead: sorry

Jameer Nelson? :russ: he didn't even play in the series.

Turkoglu averaged 17.2/6.3/6.7 but shot 39% (also 39% on 3s) and provided little to no defense that series.

Dwight averaged 25.8pts & 13rbs to go along with 2.8asts on 65fg%. He also provided on defense and had a 40/14/4 game to close the series out in Cleveland.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
At this point in his career, Dwight has:

- Won the DPOY 3 times
- Made the ASG 8 times
- Made the All-NBA 1st team 5 times
- Made the All-NBA 2nd team once
- Made the All-NBA 3rd team 2 times
- Made the NBA All-Defensive First Team 4 times
- Made the NBA All-Defensive Second Team once
- Led the league in total rebounds 6 times and ranked top 5 every season of his career save for 2014/15 (when he missed half the season)
- Led the league in RPG 5 times and ranked top 10 every season of his career
- Led the league in BPG 2 times
- Led the league ion DRTG 3 times and rank 2nd in active players, only behind Tim Duncan
- Olympic champion in 2008
- Career stats after 12 seasons ~ 18pts 13rbs 2blks & 58% fg

I dislike Dwight but there's literally no other player who would have the same career and not get in the hall :aicmon:
The Dwight hate is really at all time high.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
It virtually has nothing to do with HOF eligibility. If that were the case, most of the names pre-1970 don't belong in the HOF either.

Again, what does your perception of him having no competition at the 5 spot have to do with him making the HOF? You don't get into the HOF based on competition at your position, you get in based on your accomplishments and impact.

Does a player like Andy Phillip (5x All Star, 2x All-NBA second team; 9.1 ppg, 5.4 apg - career) look like a HOFer to you?

You're saying he shouldn't be considered for the HOF based on his numbers, then in the next breath you're telling me to not look at the stat sheet because it shows that he has the accolades of having a legitimate case?

:heh:

If you haven;t noticed, he's a shell of his former self due to his back issues. He's not capable of putting up #s and handling a big load [no homo] like he use to. If you went through the HOF, I'm sure you could nitpick and manipulate situations where A LOT of players didn't performing up to standard/their abilities. He's by no means a perfect player, but he certainly has accomplished enough in his career to be inducted into the HOF. Players with less accomplishments have made it in.
Gil!!! Welcome back!