Ahmed Johnson vs Rad Radford ('95) - Vince All :noah at Ahmed

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Insane how quickly he fell off

He always had a mushmouth but 96 Ahmed compared to late 97/early 98 Ahmed was like night and day, dude was so bloated and wrecked at the 98 Rumble that he could barely step in the ring, was gassed after three minutes and then spent about two minutes on the floor after being eliminated because he was so exhausted from about 5 minutes of non-existent ring work

I went on an Ahmed binge right after making this thread (WCW Ahmed included:hhh:) and his fall off after the one injury was terrible. The IC title qualifying match vs Rocky Maivia was a clear indication that he was done. And even after getting bigger, he kept trying to use some of the high flying stuff he was doing before. I don't know how many times he fell like Khali trying to do his scissors kick, and he'd barely get enough air launching himself over the crowd barrier. It was sad. Ahmed was really that dude for like a year and a half, then it was over.

b. woods

Peace
Daps
I went on an Ahmed binge right after making this thread (WCW Ahmed included:hhh:) and his fall off after the one injury was terrible. The IC title qualifying match vs Rocky Maivia was a clear indication that he was done. And even after getting bigger, he kept trying to use some of the high flying stuff he was doing before. I don't know how many times he fell like Khali trying to do his scissors kick, and he'd barely get enough air launching himself over the crowd barrier. It was sad. Ahmed was really that dude for like a year and a half, then it was over.

:damn: when he inadvertently sliced his hand open during that match

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
That's why I can't rock with Ahmed when he says he wasn't WWF champion because he was black. Yeah there was and is racism in wrestling but in late 1995/1996 he was that dude! Very popular with the fans and by listening to Vince on commentary you can tell Vince was feeling him. :dame:

He spent most of 1997 injured. He would return and then leave again. shyt only thing I remember about him in 1997 was he kept getting his ass kicked by the NOD. If he would have stayed healthy he could have been champion in 1997.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Ahmed was, to quote Austin, over like Rover. Had to be around at that time to fully comprehend that shyt. Pearl River Plunge was the illest move ever to me as a 9 year old and he was that dude. Damn shame about those injuries man because like someone said, he was Vince's number 2 right after Shawn and he clearly had big plans for him.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That's why I can't rock with Ahmed when he says he wasn't WWF champion because he was black. Yeah there was and is racism in wrestling but in late 1995/1996 he was that dude! Very popular with the fans and by listening to Vince on commentary you can tell Vince was feeling him. :dame:

He spent most of 1997 injured. He would return and then leave again. shyt only thing I remember about him in 1997 was he kept getting his ass kicked by the NOD. If he would have stayed healthy he could have been champion in 1997.

Yup basically. He's using the thing we all can prove (racism in wrestling) as an excuse for the thing we can also prove (he was injured way too much and couldn't sustain momentum). It's unfair because he can't do anything about being injured; the body is what the body is so I get why he claims one thing over the other, but yeah he clearly misremembers how hot he was and how much Vince made him sound like the top fukking dog in the company when he was on commentary. And he and Farooq was a hot feud at the time also. Not his fault but yeah he's making excuses

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Insane how quickly he fell off

He always had a mushmouth but 96 Ahmed compared to late 97/early 98 Ahmed was like night and day, dude was so bloated and wrecked at the 98 Rumble that he could barely step in the ring, was gassed after three minutes and then spent about two minutes on the floor after being eliminated because he was so exhausted from about 5 minutes of non-existent ring work
shyt was unseemly

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yup basically. He's using the thing we all can prove (racism in wrestling) as an excuse for the thing we can also prove (he was injured way too much and couldn't sustain momentum). It's unfair because he can't do anything about being injured; the body is what the body is so I get why he claims one thing over the other, but yeah he clearly misremembers how hot he was and how much Vince made him sound like the top fukking dog in the company when he was on commentary. And he and Farooq was a hot feud at the time also. Not his fault but yeah he's making excuses

When they realized ahmed was no good they went to the rock.

I believe russo at the time was sayin they need to push a black champion

He did it over in wcw with booker