Akon: “Nick Cannon can have as many kids as he wants, I have 9! Who gives a f*ck about attending their recitals? That’s some white man sh*t!”

Is Akon right?

• Total voters

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
I think…..

Akon is a contrarian

Just to be one

A devils advocate just for kicks

That’s my Veiw he does this a lot

It’s people out there like that

:yeshrug:

I don’t think he’s trying to be a contrarian - those are his beliefs. When you look across African societies & the rich/powerful across the globe - this particular view align with their way of life. There’s a reason why a lot of rich men around the world regardless of race have wives & mistresses including children they don’t claim publicly.

Akon’s mentality is the typical patriarchal African mentality (part of it is also polygamy which is normal in African/Muslim societies) that is firm in gender roles. And the man’s role will always be the provider/protector while the woman’s role will always be to nurture the kids & home keeping. The guy is also rich - so it’s a double-whammy. I don’t think he’s advocating for deadbeat absentee dads tho.

I think people generally need more exposure & the world is a big place. All the modern frenzy & stuff people do on social media & in certain climes isn’t applicable to most parts of the world - western world is a small fraction of the world. Other places are still stuck in their way of life & popular beliefs in the west won’t change that.

Akon’s problem is that he doesn’t read the room & he has no filter. But he’s a super-rich & his wealth is somewhere where the woke crowd can neither touch it nor cancel him. So he believes he can say whatever he wants.

I watched the whole interview a few days ago & I knew if certain parts of it get on The Coli - it’s quintuple platinum threads. Especially where he was talking about African vs American artists. Wait till 21 Savage’s dad interview with Young Spray get on the Coli - that’s another platinum thread.:russ:

Big up to Zeze tho - she’s doing bits.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Saying that recitals is some “white man” thing is crazy as fukk and it ruined the point I think he was ATTEMPTING to make.

My father didn’t have nine damn kids, he raised me and my three other siblings and was the best, most present father I could name. He didn’t attend every one of my events or extracurricular activities but thats because he was working his ass off to pay and provide, so in that sense I understand the gist of what Akon was saying.

But he was PRESENT because we all lived in a singular household. His authority, wisom, love, and intellect were felt every moment of every day.

It looks like Akon is dismissing the need for a father to be PRESENT and thats the issue. It COULD very well be that all of his children live under the same roof or compound or whatever, and if so then thats good for the children, but if not then its bound to be an issue because a hard working man can’t spread his time too thin between so many households. Its impossible even if you have Nick Cannon or Akon money.

I think Akon is polygamous and has been all his life. I said this is in another thread but I met him once several years ago while he was with two of his sons and had interactions with one of his “wives” (not sure if she was the mother of those particular boys or not) and he was cool and came off like a loving father in that brief time I spent around him. So if all the women are cool with the polygamy angle and all live together he has more of an avenue to be present for all of his kids and shouldn’t necessarily be judged by Nick Cannon standards.

But scoffing at the IDEA of attending your child’s extracurricular activities is just dumb. Your SUPPOSED to at least have an INKLING of your child’s interests and hobbies because that helps you as a PARENT. Plus all that shyt can be fun to see your child learning new skills. One of the highlights of my week is taking my daughter to her Karate classes. Seeing her progress is mad enjoyable

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What he's saying is dumb because:

1. You're literally legally obligated to do the shyt he's saying is enough. This is why child support exists.

2. Kids don't care about all that other shyt if you aren't around.

If someone had....I dunno, 20 kids by the same woman it would be different. But it's damn near impossible to be present in the lives of 6+ kids, by multiple women. So it seems as if he's trying to juelz.gif after the fact.

Fred.

Duke Wy Lin

It's been a good run. Wish y'all the best ✊🏿
Daps
People reading a bunch of bullshyt into it that he never said. He never said that you shouldn't be present for your children. He just didn't agree with her stupid point that you need to be at every single recital and be around every minute of the day otherwise you're a deadbeat dad. No productive man can live up to such a ridiculous standard. This isn't even an argument.

I bet his kids and their mothers are more than happy with him. Same for Nick Cannon.

I mean, are we really gonna present these two as the prototypical deadbeat dads. Wtf is even the argument her?

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
It’s a lot of dumb nikkas in here on some either or shyt. You know you can provide for your kids AND support them in their extra curricular activities right?

The same nikkas in here saying it’s not important to attend a recital would change up completely if they said miss all the youth sporting events.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
there's a thing called balance...provide for them, but also support their endeavors growing up...just throwing money, private education, materialistic things ain't gonna be a way to raise them...akon gonna wonder why his kids are spoiled ass punks when they're older

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
Akon is only thinking physically instead of taking kids emotions into account. Nick might be able to buy them kids whatever, but they will never get the proper 1 on 1 time with their dad

Akon is right but he’s wrong

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps
It’s a lot of dumb nikkas in here on some either or shyt. You know you can provide for your kids AND support them in their extra curricular activities right?

The same nikkas in here saying it’s not important to attend a recital would change up completely if they said miss all the youth sporting events.

You just start realizing how useless most people are, especially the men, you can always tell when they are navigating an attempt at projecting manhood online, they might as well be navigating a void for our enjoyment. If it isn't trashing women one day, it's neglecting the kids the next, but like I said, it's a hilarity to watch the projection.

Simply put, some coordinates for you fools, you can track the adult performance of those that were subjected to various languages, fine arts, and other activities as performing better than their peers without these outlets, it's fukking staggering btw, you probably shouldn't look into that, as it really only fuels the truth, which is that, this system, intentional or not, is set up to develop and damn near maintain class disparity.

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
If your father is a high performing man - then he is the person responsible for the immediate family + the extended family.

He's not gonna be at every sports game or event because most of his time will be consumed by work.

Plus - its good to see a man get up every morning at the same time, put his suit on, and get to work.

It shows you the reality of manhood..... only soft nikkas complain because "daddy didn't show up to their soccer games"

Daps
Men with power travel with their kids, especially son's so they can see business in action, especially if that child / children will inherit his business.

Weak man's idea of a strong man.
This 100%.

Rich white men might have 8 kids with 3 different wives but they make sure Hunter, Zach and Kody get the up close experience on handling shyt....even if they miss all the soccer games.

Feeding and clothing a kid is baseline shyt. Any nikka bragging about that is a failure. You created the kids, so taking care of them is expected. Producing men and women that are productive citizens that make your bloodline proud is the goal.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
If your father is a high performing man - then he is the person responsible for the immediate family + the extended family.

He's not gonna be at every sports game or event because most of his time will be consumed by work.

Plus - its good to see a man get up every morning at the same time, put his suit on, and get to work.

It shows you the reality of manhood..... only soft nikkas complain because "daddy didn't show up to their soccer games"

Not being their for your child is not something to be proud of.

Children will only be children for a certain amount of time....and if you have them you woukd know it.

Stop sucking the dikk of a celebrity or some dumb shyt you heard in a movie