Alex Smith trying discredit Cam Newtons rookie season

iPod Raheem 2.0

D, mother****er, D.
Daps
Reppin
Event Staff Correctional Facility
Alex Smith is going to have a horrible year and he'll be lucky to make it out alive in SF

We shall see. Bruh won't have any excuses. He's get a 1st-round WR, an apparently-motivated Randy, SB hero Manningham, and Crabtree to go with Davis and that ground game. Got to produce. The D shouldn't be carrying this team with those weapons.

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
If this sentiment was coming from a more respected messenger, I don't have a huge problem with it.

It's a basic Football staple of strategy: if your losing games, you throw more, if your winning games, you run more. (Never stopped the Patriots, but I digress)

If your team is behind in a lot of games, they 'should' have a good amount of junk passing yards that don't affect the outcome of the game.

People just don't like Alex Smith saying Cam's name.

Hollywood Co

Primetime Reppin
Daps
Reppin
Eastside Atl -
You'd think Alex Smith would be humble after finally tasting some type of success for the first time in his career. Homie was a Peyton Manning decision away from not having a job.

They were looking to replace you Alex. Ask your coaches and management if a Cam Newton for Alex Smith deal was on the table would they not the pull the trigger. Dude got Randy Moss and is feeling himself now. :beli:

Muzion

All Star
Daps
What's the deal with the Joe Flaccos and the Alex Smiths of the world, with their overrated sense of self worth?! :beli:

holidayinn21

:SmugMoneyMike:
Daps
Reppin
The mutha****in BX
lol @ this bum.

even with the 13-win season, his record is still under .500. he had his 1st 3000 yard season in his 7th year.

yet he has the audacity to throw shade at another QB?

its the equivalent of a fat old bytch finally getting a man, then starts talking shyt about the better looking chick.

LOUDaffair

TrippyDREAD...
Daps
Reppin
3rd Ward New Orleans, Louisiana 504 ...
If this sentiment was coming from a more respected messenger, I don't have a huge problem with it.

It's a basic Football staple of strategy: if your losing games, you throw more, if your winning games, you run more. (Never stopped the Patriots, but I digress)

If your team is behind in a lot of games, they 'should' have a good amount of junk passing yards that don't affect the outcome of the game.

People just don't like Alex Smith saying Cam's name.
Cam Newton: Situational Stats at NFL.com
According to these numbers, Cam threw for more yards in the first half than the second, 2071 vs 1980.

and carolina had a lot of early leads only to blow them later cause of there defense last year. Cam wont the reason why tho yea he made mistakes he a rookie but Cam name being in anybody mouth especially in this contexts shows Smith dont know wtf he talking about.

cam has stated he cares more about wins/then stats he broke Peyton record but he pissed he didn't beat his hometown team in ATL as a rookie or make the playoffs. Cam see and know the bigger picture but you can discredit what he did last season.

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
Cam Newton: Situational Stats at NFL.com
According to these numbers, Cam threw for more yards in the first half than the second, 2071 vs 1980.

and carolina had a lot of early leads only to blow them later cause of there defense last year. Cam wont the reason why tho yea he made mistakes he a rookie but Cam name being in anybody mouth especially in this contexts shows Smith dont know wtf he talking about.

cam has stated he cares more about wins/then stats he broke Peyton record but he pissed he didn't beat his hometown team in ATL as a rookie or make the playoffs. Cam see and know the bigger picture but you can discredit what he did last season.

I am not discrediting Cam, I'm only talking about the premise. There's nothing wrong with the premise, the problem is it's Alex Smith saying it about Cam.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I am not discrediting Cam, I'm only talking about the premise. There's nothing wrong with the premise, the problem is it's Alex Smith saying it about Cam.
the premise doesnt apply to Cam tho, according to those stats

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I don't want to make excuses for Alex as he's been terrible for most of his career and even last year was very inconsistent.. however, we can't lay the blame of my team's lack of success over the past 8 years all on him. There is plenty of blame to go around including piss poor coaches and multiple OC's that did not know what they were doing.

The thing Alex needs to realize though is that Harbaugh limited what he was doing for a reason. He simplified everything for Alex and put him in the best possible positions to excel. Alex with a different coach would probably have shyt out the same results we were used to. He has no excuses this year. We have the best WR corps that we've had since Owens/Rice. Time to wreck shop or stfu.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I don't want to make excuses for Alex as he's been terrible for most of his career and even last year was very inconsistent.. however, we can't lay the blame of my team's lack of success over the past 8 years all on him. There is plenty of blame to go around including piss poor coaches and multiple OC's that did not know what they were doing.

The thing Alex needs to realize though is that Harbaugh limited what he was doing for a reason. He simplified everything for Alex and put him in the best possible positions to excel. Alex with a different coach would probably have shyt out the same results we were used to. He has no excuses this year. We have the best WR corps that we've had since Owens/Rice. Time to wreck shop or stfu.
im not sure anyone blamed him for all the 49ers failures.

People are getting on Alex Smith because he sucks.

NelsonSwagdela

All Star
Daps
Okay, but under no circumstances would Alex Smith in his rookie year throw for as many yards as Cam Newton. He had 5 years playing with a losing team yet this guy never went for 3000. He just needs to STFU. you just look like a bytch talking about QBs in their rookie year who are already better than you.