"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Good shyt man. :salute:

I'd also like to point out the show gave enough clues about Gus for us to know exactly what he did in Chile.

You're right, Hector (Tio) did refer to Gus as "the grand generalissimo" aka "the general". So some sort of military back ground.

In Season 4, Ep 8 the DEA is interrogating Gus about Gale's death. This part is very important for 2 reasons:

1. It establishes that Gus left Chile in 1986.

2. Gus mentions Augusto Pinochet, who was the dictator of Chile in 1986. '86 is the year Reagan and the U.S. government asked Pinochet to step down.

You might wonder :wtf: "what's the connection?"

Augusto Pinochet was a monster. During his reign thousands of people were killed and tortured. But more to the point he had super labs built that would create color variant versions of common drugs. For example they created a black colored cocaine that was harder for DEA agents to track.

Pinochet 'sold cocaine to Europe and US' | World news | The Guardian

Does that sound familiar? Gus worked for Pinochet until around '86, got the super lab idea from him, hired a chemist (Max) that the cartel killed, and since then he's been trying to get a Pinochet style super lab up and running. Then he meets Gale/Walt and makes it happen, with the blue meth.

One other thing you might not have noticed in the flash back. Notice anything weird about Hector's chair?

wheelchair_zps07468a44.png

Fred.

my god

like i cant handle all this right now

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
The way they interact and could relate to each other's horribleness. The fact that he had the ricen ready to end that bytch but she talked him into being business partners. Also Walt keeps escalating in his evilness and constantly can rationalize and justify his actions. And she keeps asking him to swear on his children so they have the connection of being parents doing really fukked up things and justifying it for their children.

Furthermore she told him "You didn't think Gus built his multi million dollar empire by himself? Did you?" Walt's face looked like :obama:

If Lydia during a meeting pulls Walt to the side in a quiet place and just starts tongueing him down. You think season 5 part 2 Walt would be like STOP I have this annoying ass wife named Skyler :shaq:

WHO CHEATED ON HIM with sus TED:lolbron:

B!tch wanted to prance around on Ted's heated bathroom floor tiles and thought she was bought this life, ended up gettin' Ted dat work :snoop:

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
1st part is on Comcast ON Demand. Going be watching it again starting next week.

Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
Good shyt man. :salute:

I'd also like to point out the show gave enough clues about Gus for us to know exactly what he did in Chile.

You're right, Hector (Tio) did refer to Gus as "the grand generalissimo" aka "the general". So some sort of military back ground.

In Season 4, Ep 8 the DEA is interrogating Gus about Gale's death. This part is very important for 2 reasons:

1. It establishes that Gus left Chile in 1986.

2. Gus mentions Augusto Pinochet, who was the dictator of Chile in 1986. '86 is the year Reagan and the U.S. government asked Pinochet to step down.

You might wonder :wtf: "what's the connection?"

Augusto Pinochet was a monster. During his reign thousands of people were killed and tortured. But more to the point he had super labs built that would create color variant versions of common drugs. For example they created a black colored cocaine that was harder for DEA agents to track.

Pinochet 'sold cocaine to Europe and US' | World news | The Guardian

Does that sound familiar? Gus worked for Pinochet until around '86, got the super lab idea from him, hired a chemist (Max) that the cartel killed, and since then he's been trying to get a Pinochet style super lab up and running. Then he meets Gale/Walt and makes it happen, with the blue meth.

One other thing you might not have noticed in the flash back. Notice anything weird about Hector's chair?

wheelchair_zps07468a44.png

Fred.

did you figure all this out on your own or is there a site that compiles all the references and hidden shyt? i find this stuff the best part of the show

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
did you figure all this out on your own or is there a site that compiles all the references and hidden shyt? i find this stuff the best part of the show

The chair I found on another site.

The Pinochet shyt I Googled myself, because he was mentioned on the show. And it wasn't as if "oh, I bet this explains Gus", I was just curious. I'm the type of dude, if I find something interesting I like to know everything about it. I read a couple articles, seen the super lab shyt and was :ohhh:

There is sites that compile stuff, and I'd say 90% of that stuff I never notice. Like "The Shining" shout-out in season 3 for example. This show has an insane amount of detail in it.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
The chair I found on another site.

The Pinochet shyt I Googled myself, because he was mentioned on the show. And it wasn't as if "oh, I bet this explains Gus", I was just curious. I'm the type of dude, if I find something interesting I like to know everything about it. I read a couple articles, seen the super lab shyt and was :ohhh:

There is sites that compile stuff, and I'd say 90% of that stuff I never notice. Like "The Shining" shout-out in season 3 for example. This show has an insane amount of detail in it.

Fred.

:whoo: thats dope. i appreciate all the knowledge u drop in here. can u link the site that complies the shyt? and what is the shining shoutout?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:whoo: thats dope. i appreciate all the knowledge u drop in here. can u link the site that complies the shyt? and what is the shining shoutout?

Francis White dropped one earlier:

Breaking Bad Observations 1.01 Pilot - Clues & In-depth visual Analysis

Some of it is :rudy: but I'd say 90% of it is :whoo:

"The Shining":

At the start of Season 3, Ep 6 "Sunset" a guy on border patrol gets killed by the cousins. I dunno if you remember the ep, but he finds a dead woman and calls for back up right before one of the cousins kills him with an axe.

Anyway, when he calls for back up he identifies himself as "KDK-12 to dispatch".

KDK-12 is the call letters to the Overlook Hotel in "The Shining". It's what Wendy would identify herself as when she called for help, when Jack was trying to kill her with an axe.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
Francis White dropped one earlier:

Breaking Bad Observations 1.01 Pilot - Clues & In-depth visual Analysis

Some of it is :rudy: but I'd say 90% of it is :whoo:

"The Shining":

At the start of Season 3, Ep 6 "Sunset" a guy on border patrol gets killed by the cousins. I dunno if you remember the ep, but he finds a dead woman and calls for back up right before one of the cousins kills him with an axe.

Anyway, when he calls for back up he identifies himself as "KDK-12 to dispatch".

KDK-12 is the call letters to the Overlook Hotel in "The Shining". It's what Wendy would identify herself as when she called for help, when Jack was trying to kill her with an axe.

Fred.

:whoo:

its amazing people can find all this shyt, its more amazing they had the foresight to put all this shyt in the show and make it work flawlessly. hiding elephants in plain site and shyt :ohhh:

MouseTeeth

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens
:salute: @hexagram23 he's got me like :ohhh: something serious...n here I m
Thinking I loved this show ...I'd like to buy u a beer sir

Last edited by a moderator:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Good find @Nagra I couldn't tell what was going on in the Jesse one....was he looking down at a glass coffee table covered in random shyt?

Vince Gilligan and the cast of "Breaking Bad" will be at the San Diego Comic-Con July 21st, 2 weeks from today.

AMC’s Breaking Bad creator and executive producer Vince Gilligan appears with the cast of Breaking Bad, including Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Anna Gunn, Dean Norris, Betsy Brandt, R. J. Mitte, and Bob Odenkirk. In a panel moderated by Chris Hardwick, Vince and the cast talk about what it was like to shoot the final episodes of one of the boldest and most intense dramas on television and how they are preparing for the series’ final moments. Join the panelists for a one-on-one Q&A session and an official sneak preview of the final eight episodes of Breaking Bad season 5, premiering Sunday night, August 11 at 9:00.

http://collider.com/comic-con-2013-schedule-sunday-breaking-bad-doctor-who-community/

:whoo: at the sneak peak. This is the one from last year's Comic-Con for the first 8 eps:

Fred.

Ronald

Daps
Good find @Nagra I couldn't tell what was going on in the Jesse one....was he looking down at a glass coffee table covered in random shyt?

yea, I can't see shyt either. Kinda looks like he got a black eye or something tho :leon: maybe got beat up by Hank again :russ: