All Gas, No Brakes! - 2021 New York Jets Off-Season thread

Are we winning the Super Bowl this year?

• Total voters

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY

The GM:
hWgQuaY3_o.jpeg

The coach:
sCbBwOMl_o.jpeg

The Offensive Coordinator:
bmdmrs98_o.jpeg

The Defensive Coordinator:
Rn1YOvhq_o.jpeg

The Quarterback:
MONjY7HR_o.jpeg

16-0 --> First round bye --> AFC Championship --> Super Bowl Champions

King Crimson

Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
If he wants to come here that bad, it’s a NO BRAINER for JD
Yeah, JD is at a pivotal moment. If he can pull this off without getting put over a barrel then he's a lock for GM of the year. I would love to have 4 first round picks, but if Miami is his second choice then it comes down to this:

I'm not trying to see him twice a year, especially if Allen continues to grow and Beli recovers from a down season. Even if Miami stays true to Tua, AFC East is about to become a powerhouse conference. We need to either get a QB of Deshaun's caliber, Deshaun himself or keeping him out of the division.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We’d still have tons of cap space to improve if we traded for Deshaun and were loaded with picks to where even if we gave a lot up for him we probably wouldn’t be completely bare after the trade

So the idea we can’t improve the team at all if we get Deshaun isn’t true

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also I don’t know much about the source but some people are saying he’s a click bait clown so who knows

King Crimson

Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
We’d still have tons of cap space to improve if we traded for Deshaun and were loaded with picks to where even if we gave a lot up for him we probably wouldn’t be completely bare after the trade

So the idea we can’t improve the team at all if we get Deshaun isn’t true
Agreed. This is definitely the window for us to do both and improve on multiple fronts. We can even trade for Watson and still go out and sign Robinson.
Frickin Fish! :mad:

"B" is the kind of position that's so bad that we have to be willing to overpay to avoid it. I don't even know how Douglas can negotiate with that kind of threat hanging over his head...:francis:
Yeah, not for nothing, if the fish were to land him, it'd be cause for concern, because you know they're going to flip Tua and get draft capital do what we're trying to do now. :russ:
Also I don’t know much about the source but some people are saying he’s a click bait clown so who knows
He could be, but it was reported even before this that he liked Miami. And truthfully, the move makes sense for us outside of what Miami might be thinking or where he sees us in relation to them.

BAMBA

The Menace
Supporter
Daps
I don’t want to get my hopes up about getting Watson...

:to:

If he really wants to come here, just make it known Jets are the only team he’d waive his no trade clause for and make sure through “3rd parties” that the Jets know not to offer the max deal possible (unless he wants to be throwing to scrubs for the next few seasons). We need some draft capital to get more offensive weapons for him.

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps

Thats because he is. It’s the same dude that ran the bogus story about Tua’s teammates not liking him.