"Always Forward" - Official Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 2 Thread

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx

If I was king fish at marvel tv I would made Danny rand half Asian and half white and made the story more about the struggle between the white corporate culture represented by his father and then the traditional eastern living represent by his mother

An the people kung lun treating him funny cause he not fully Asian

Like I would keep all the basic elements of the iron fist show but it works better if Danny rand mother was trying to escape back to kung lun cause she knew her husband business partner was trying to kill them

It adds more tension…

But we got what we got :yeshrug:

Collen wing is one of my fav charcters in the Netflix a verse and I want a lot more of her so her teaching Luke is a good idea too

I know danny rand is in like three episodes or something

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
If I was king fish at marvel tv I would made Danny rand half Asian and half white and made the story more about the struggle between the white corporate culture represented by his father and then the traditional eastern living represent by his mother

An the people kung lun treating him funny cause he not fully Asian

Like I would keep all the basic elements of the iron fist show but it works better if Danny rand mother was trying to escape back to kung lun cause she knew her husband business partner was trying to kill them

It adds more tension…

But we got what we got :yeshrug:

Collen wing is one of my fav charcters in the Netflix a verse and I want a lot more of her so her teaching Luke is a good idea too

I know danny rand is in like three episodes or something

EXACTLY.

I mean this shyt writes itself

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I dont care enough about Marvel for the show to follow the real comic book storyline. But where did Diamondback go? Is he laying low gettin the treatment from the doctor and Chris Rock-lookin dude gone get the spotlight as main villain?

Eric Harvey wasnt the best villain, but their backstory together was dope. Mahershala woulda been doper as Diamondback

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I dont care enough about Marvel for the show to follow the real comic book storyline. But where did Diamondback go? Is he laying low gettin the treatment from the doctor and Chris Rock-lookin dude gone get the spotlight as main villain?

Eric Harvey wasnt the best villain, but their backstory together was dope. Mahershala woulda been doper as Diamondback
And yet you here
:what:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Im going to attempt to support this but these marvel netflix shows have lost a bit of their luster to me.

While my interests in the movies have increased, ten fold.

Iron Fist and Defenders killed the energy for these netflix shows. In a way, Iron Fist was Batman vs Superman [rushed job to expedite a team movie] and Defenders was Justice League [rudderless team movie]

The gift and curse the MCU brought is that feeling of continuously building to something special and a big payoff. Now that's great while it's working and everything doesn't have to be perfect, however if you fail to delivery on that big pay off or kinda expose yourself for not really knowing what you're doing...

That's the rippling affect we've been seeing with JJ s2 and possibly LC s2. Basically this season could be great but a lot of the long-building energy and mystic for where the netflix-verse could expand to [or into] took a bit of a gut punch.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Back once again *Havoc voice*
Misty :noah:
Luke Cage coming with The Marked For Death vibes for season 2 :mjgrin:
screwface.jpg

SCREWFACE THE GAWD :blessed:

There's a thread to be made about how Steven Seagal managed to get a decapitated Black man's head onto a commercial airline in 'Marked For Death' but that's for another time....

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Iron Fist and Defenders killed the energy for these netflix shows. In a way, Iron Fist was Batman vs Superman [rushed job to expedite a team movie] and Defenders was Justice League [rudderless team movie]

The gift and curse the MCU brought is that feeling of continuously building to something special and a big payoff. Now that's great while it's working and everything doesn't have to be perfect, however if you fail to delivery on that big pay off or kinda expose yourself for not really knowing what you're doing...

That's the rippling affect we've been seeing with JJ s2 and possibly LC s2. Basically this season could be great but a lot of the long-building energy and mystic for where the netflix-verse could expand to [or into] took a bit of a gut punch.

Got to disagree about the energy of the Netflix universe being killed. Punisher was fire and that dropped after Iron Fist and Defenders

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
So how do you think the outcome of infinity war and avengers 4 will affect the netflix shows? Will everything be different?

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Got to disagree about the energy of the Netflix universe being killed. Punisher was fire and that dropped after Iron Fist and Defenders

I think you're talking about show quality tho, whereas i'm talking about general excitement. Punisher was a good show, and I said that Luke Cage s2 could be good/great as well, but i'm talking about the surrounding buzz. IF and Defenders killed a lot of that great energy imo, which isn't the same as saying it killed the netflix-verse, since obviously these shows are continuing lol.

I didn't feel or have the same energy for JJ s2 and i sure as hell ain't hyped to see IF show up in LC s2. At this point i'm just in it for the LC-specific story, and couldn't care less if we ever see any cameos or teamups again, unless they introduce brand new characters