Am I he only one that thinks New york didn't do **** for rap and is overrated?

Brehnamedwavey

FUEGOLAFLAME
Daps
Like I know they "supposedly" started hip hop, but i don't see what else they did for it. Sure they blessed us wit Hova but that's it. I feel like rap didn't get hot til it came down south, we really made this shyt bump. Most NY rappers and producers are so overrated to me, and the ones that do actually do something steals something from the south, rather it be flow, style etc.

Overrated NY rappers: Nas, Mobb Deep, Sheek, Vado,Joey badass, Juelz Santana and all those other old bum ass nikkas

The producers are just the same, with old boom bap beats that nikkas never felt.

The South :smugfavre: :smugfavre: :smugfavre: :smugfavre:

CELL

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like I know they "supposedly" started hip hop, but i don't see what else they did for it. Sure they blessed us wit Hova but that's it. I feel like rap didn't get hot til it came down south, we really made this shyt bump. Most NY rappers and producers are so overrated to me, and the ones that do actually do something steals something from the south, rather it be flow, style etc.

Overrated NY rappers: Nas, Mobb Deep, Sheek, Vado,Joey badass, Juelz Santana and all those other old bum ass nikkas

The producers are just the same, with old boom bap beats that nikkas never felt.

:childplease:

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
You're right. :ohhh: I'm about to go to my mother and ask her what she did for me besides give birth to me and nurture me in my infancy.

:rudy:

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
User-CP-Negged2.gif

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps

Total Shock & :troll: thread! We got it bruh!

abake6

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
texas
I can kinda see where you're coming from, sometimes NY rap gets put on a mythical pedestal, but...

...Nas overrated? :sitdown:

Not to mention they gave us Biggie, L, Mos, Wu-Tang, Kweli, Pun, Guru, Jadakiss

Brehnamedwavey

FUEGOLAFLAME
Daps
I can kinda see where you're coming from, sometimes NY rap gets put on a mythical pedestal, but...

...Nas overrated? :sitdown:

Not to mention they gave us Biggie, L, Mos, Wu-Tang, Kweli, Pun, Guru, Jadakiss
I left out Biggie, Big L, Wu, and Pun, sorry about that, I fukk with them! Nas is overrated, based off the fact that he's only put out 3 good projects in a 20 yr career. :beli: He can spit aite, but he's just a wiser J.Cole imo

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
I can understand you having a preference for music from other coasts, but this was just corny and stupid. You actually disrespected the south, because you shtted on a lot of important and powerful music (music that inspired the nikkas you stan for) that was instrumental in the development of the music you currently enjoy. You made an a$$ out of urself. Hip hop pass revoked.

Yoda

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hip Hop
I left out Biggie, Big L, Wu, and Pun, sorry about that, I fukk with them! Nas is overrated, based off the fact that he's only put out 3 good projects in a 20 yr career. :beli: He can spit aite, but he's just a wiser J.Cole imo

:dwillhuh: "he can spit aite"
wow
i uh.... dont know how to put this in any other way but....

.....uh........

:deadmanny:

Last edited by a moderator: