Amazing "negative" gangsta music OR Mediocre "positive" Concious/feel good/etc music

Which scenario?

• Scenario 1- Give me the classics

Votes: 21 95.5%
  • Scenario 2- Positive

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
This thread was inspired off this post by @Insensitive in that Chance thread

Being the "Quirky Black Guy" with a C-Tier Pen Game and a Top Tier Production
group appears to be the way to go especially if people can get behind you without
their guilty conscious rearing it's ugly head cause you're "Positive" or whatever.

fukk that.
I'd rather listen to a Nas write intricate multi syllabic rhymes about shootouts and ducking cops
in an alley way.
I'd rather listen to Jay-Z trace up double entendre's or metaphors which essentially amount to creative
ways of maiming his invisible opponent.
I'd rather listen to Raekwon chef up crack rocks and call other grown men beloved.

Chance, Kid cudi, Childish Gambino etc. get by on "well yeah but he's like not a gangsta rapper yah know ?"
to the point where I have to think "Why would anyone ignore skillfully executed ignorance in favor of mediocre plays at brilliance ?"

this got 51 daps so surely some of you feel similar to him(I do to)

but many of ya'll through all means swear up and down that the game needs positive rap, needs more of those J.coles, and chances.

so I wanna know if you had to choose one out these two scenarios that would chance the rap climate rn which one would you pick

scenario 1: basically a gangsta dominant rap climate with tons of classics. Rappers are as good as a Prime Prodigy/Biggie/Jay/Snoop and make albums that are as good as Reay to die, Hell on Earth, etc

there is little concious music and positive tho.

scenario 2: Some more positive/concious nikkas like Chance, Cole, and Kendrick. The positive music dominants the game and there is barely any trap music.

nikkas are mainstream but dont release any classics or any album noteworthy projects. Mediocre levels of rapping(yes that means nikkas like cole with struggle lines:francis:, Kendrick and his performances on features:why:, and Chance and his flow:mjlol:).

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
I think most "conscious" black people would go with option #2 if given the choice between these two. With everything going on in society, we don't need the airwaves full of "kill a n1kka", "shoot a n1kka", "young n1kka move that dope" songs.

Black people as a whole need more positive and uplifting messages. More songs promoting black love and unity. More positive images of ourselves. The shirtless, dreadheaded gangbanger pointing guns at the camera is old and tired now. :russell:

Nonblacks would hate this tho. They love hearing songs about black genocide and destruction. Its the main reason they're the biggest consumers of hip-hop:mjpls:

Peace.

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
How about listen to whatever? I just listened to Blu and 50 on Tidal.

The problem is; the gangster stuff dominates a black prescene in media that is already small.

And I'm not down how we let movies get away with "it" and we get on music. It's just entertainment.

We make world problems too simple blaming it on music.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I think most "conscious" black people would go with option #2 if given the choice between these two. With everything going on in society, we don't need the airwaves full of "kill a n1kka", "shoot a n1kka", "young n1kka move that dope" songs.

Black people as a whole need more positive and uplifting messages. More songs promoting black love and unity. More positive images of ourselves. The shirtless, dreadheaded gangbanger pointing guns at the camera is old and tired now. :russell:

Nonblacks would hate this tho. They love hearing songs about black genocide and destruction. Its the main reason they're the biggest consumers of hip-hop:mjpls:

Peace.
What's being played on the radio is NOT indicative of what black people listen. There's tons of amazing positive music for our community that's embraced. Just because its not Chance doesn't mean that it's a flag of some sort of heracy regarding uplifting music. We have entire genres filled with great music that's not trap shyt. We make more than rap music breh. shyt rap is the weakest of our music IMO. Give me some good ass Blues, Jazz, and Soul over rap any day.

Neither Chance nor rap holds a monopoly of great positive music within our community. I know you didn't say that but I'm just saying. People doing too much with this Chance shyt now.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I mean look at what nikkas support now. Chance, Cole

They do so cause their positive and they think that we need them for that reason.
Nah. They just like his music. And let's not confuse personable with positive. People have been doing that. Cole is personable. It may be positive, it may not be. Chance doesn't make the same type of music as Cole or Kendrick.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland

Peace.

Go back to listening to your Eminem you clown. :mjlol:

Didn't you make a thread last week giving props to Mobb Deep?

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Nah. They just like his music. And let's not confuse personable with positive. People have been doing that. Cole is personable. It may be positive, it may not be. Chance doesn't make the same type of music as Cole or Kendrick.
Nah bruh some people genuinely support him cause he is a non-street rapper and such.

But i agree hes more personal but he do be on that positive shyt sometimes (Crooked smile)

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

Peace.

Yep, except these days, cats ain't as skilled as a Jadakiss or a Clipse. They just rap on hot beats and just talk/mumble on beat with a catchy hook.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Nah bruh some people genuinely support him cause he is a non-street rapper and such.

But i agree hes more personal but he do be on that positive shyt sometimes (Crooked smile)

True, but let's not act that people prefer 2004 used to support rappers simply cause of a backstory of being "hood" and grimey or thugged out.