Amazon Halo Fitness Band/Tracker - Anyone Thinking About Getting It?

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
I got an early invite for the Amazon Halo - and I'm thinking about trying it out. Anybody else ordering it?

I have had a number of Fitbit's and currently have the Alta HR - which is cool, but I'm interested in tracking my body fat percentage and body composition.

I have gained about 8-10lbs over the last few months - and I need to get serious about getting it off (i'm short) -- and I think this could help with my goals and keeping me informed.

What I don't like it the $3.99 (possibly more - after the 6 months trial) monthly charge. In addition, to the amount of tracking and listening it will be doing.

61HGDC%2BNLGL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

bodyscan1.gif

• Membership includes body composition, tone of voice analysis, sleep & activity tracking, and more — free for 6 months. Auto-renews at $3.99/month + tax. Contact Customer Service to cancel.
  • Screen-free for fewer distractions.
  • Body Composition - Measure body fat percentage, a better indicator of health than weight or BMI alone.
  • Activity - Track the intensity & duration of your movement plus sedentary time.
  • Sleep - Analyze patterns like how often you wake up during the night.
  • Labs - Science-backed experiments and challenges from experts like the Lifesum, SWEAT, and Headspace.
  • Tone - Analyze qualities of your voice like energy and positivity to help strengthen communication.

brandy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I asked for the early waitlist, but haven't heard anything back. I will probably turn off the "tone" setting.

Amazon gave me early access to their luxury store, but not this. :(

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
I asked for the early waitlist, but haven't heard anything back. I will probably turn off the "tone" setting.

Amazon gave me early access to their luxury store, but not this. :(

Mine came yesterday -- I haven't set it up yet -- but I will this week. I will update the thread with my review.

I have access to Halo and Amazon Luxury -- but I have been denied other early access before. I was mad that I didn't get access to that stupid Echo Look they had a few years ago.

So, believe me -- I don't get them.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Mine came yesterday -- I haven't set it up yet -- but I will this week. I will update the thread with my review.

I have access to Halo and Amazon Luxury -- but I have been denied other early access before. I was mad that I didn't get access to that stupid Echo Look they had a few years ago.

So, believe me -- I don't get them.
How do you like it? Halo's lack of a screen seems like a mistake imo. Not trying to check my phone more in the day, especially if I'm trying to walk 'X' amount of steps and want to know how close I am to achieving that goal.

Currently I am rocking the Fitbit Inspire HR (mines is about 1.5 years old) but I'm thinking about getting the Fitbit Sense as a Xmas gift to myself since it has the stress sensor on it.

Daps
Are fitbit like devices worth it in general? I never really thought of copping one but now that im back in the gym wave, do they really make a difference?

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
How do you like it? Halo's lack of a screen seems like a mistake imo. Not trying to check my phone more in the day, especially if I'm trying to walk 'X' amount of steps and want to know how close I am to achieving that goal.

Currently I am rocking the Fitbit Inspire HR (mines is about 1.5 years old) but I'm thinking about getting the Fitbit Sense as a Xmas gift to myself since it has the stress sensor on it.

Sorry for the delay! It's ok. I haven't completely switched over from my FitBit -- only cause I love my Fitbit Challenges and I have used FitBit since it first dropped.

I do love the body fat scan and body tone analysis. I also like the voice tone analysis - to tell your mood.

All the features seem pretty accurate.

But, I am not sure I will be using it a lot after my 6 months of free service is over. I know it's just $3.99 -- but I really don't see myself using it like that.

Hopefully, I will start to use it more when more people get it. Fitbit Challenges really helped push me to make sure I get at least 15K steps in daily.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Are fitbit like devices worth it in general? I never really thought of copping one but now that im back in the gym wave, do they really make a difference?

I would say Yes. Especially, when you get your friends and family involved. It's fun too. But, also just pushing yourself and monitoring your daily steps and workout habits.

brandy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I got it and I love it. They need to try to make it like MyFitnessPal where I can enter my daily food intake so I can measure more properly.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
I want one but the fukkers got me waiting. I’m specifically getting for the app(body fat assessment) and the heart rate monitor.