Amazon seeking to enter the autonomous vehicle market by acquiring Zoox. Edit: Elon claps back

Genos

Superstar
Daps
Robots are not smart enough to figure out all the intricacies of delivering a package dude .
So a company now only pays someone enough to sit in a car and deliver a package and not deliver a package and drive a car all day.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Self driving cars have killed multiple people at this point and it has not stopped development, more companies are popping up and more money is being invested. Your scenario is not based in the real world

I used to drive commercial vehicles and still have my license

Your comment is not based in the real world

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
So a company now only pays someone enough to sit in a car and deliver a package and not deliver a package and drive a car all day.
Robots will aid the person in the vehicle deliver more packages in certain instances , amazon might add more lockers on the street or in buildings to make bulk deliveries instead of dropping it off at your door

Genos

Superstar
Daps
I used to drive commercial vehicles and still have my license

Your comment is not based in the real world
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

And your knowledge about machine learning and its progress in the last few years? Also answer my premise, self driving cars have already killed multiple people and development is still happening. How do you explain that?

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No one is stanning bezos dude , it's fuk bezos

Last edited:

Genos

Superstar
Daps
Robots will aid the person in the vehicle deliver more packages in certain instances , amazon might add more lockers on the street or in buildings to make bulk deliveries instead of dropping it off at your door
Probably in the further future, in the immediate its much cheaper to have a self driving car and pay someone to chill out and deliver packages. Which you could pay less than someone doing that than delivering and driving.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

And your knowledge about machine learning and its progress in the last few years? Also answer my premise, self driving cars have already killed multiple people and development is still happening. How do you explain that?

My knowledge in the last few years is pretty good, seeing that I am in school for Automation and also work in it as well

You can make as many Data Science/
Statistical models as you want, you can't predict sensor failure, Telecom failure, and the unpredictability moving objects

Any more questions :ehh:

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Robots are not smart enough to figure out all the intricacies of delivering a package dude .

The threat is not that ALL humans/jobs will be eliminated. When you think about it in those terms (all or nothing), then it doesn't seem like a big deal. Even if only 1/4 of the jobs are gone, that is tens of millions of people.

You have 10 fingers. If you happen to lose two of them to an accident, yes you still have 8 fingers left but it's still a pretty big fukking deal.

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/202...e-gone-by-2030-basic-income-is-coming.590613/

Genos

Superstar
Daps
My knowledge in the last few years is pretty good, seeing that I am in school for Automation and also work in it as well

You can make as many Data Science/
Statistical models as you want, you can't predict sensor failure, Telecom failure, and the unpredictability moving objects

Any more questions :ehh:
Yeah why did you avoid the question of if there have already been deaths before why are they still making more self driving cars? Also if you are going to school for Automation and you don't think these cars work in heavy traffic how can you explain this and how its fake?

Since you are in school please use specific terms relating to machine learning to describe this and not general ones not relating to ML like you did before, especially when you said unpredictability of moving objects (this makes me think you don't know much about ML as one point of using ML would be to mitigate this problem)

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Yeah why did you avoid the question of if there have already been deaths before why are they still making more self driving cars? Also if you are going to school for Automation and you don't think these cars work in heavy traffic how can you explain this and how its fake?

Since you are in school please use specific terms relating to machine learning to describe this and not general ones not relating to ML like you did before, especially when you said unpredictability of moving objects (this makes me think you don't know much about ML as one point of using ML would be to mitigate this problem)

You gotta be trolling with those videos

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/aut...p-at-a-red-light-or-avoid-pedestrians.771800/

I already made a thread on it. The problem is heavy traffic meaning pedestrian/city street traffic, which is the majority of Amazon deliveries

As long as Cars/Trucks/Buses are delivering in Montana and Wyoming, then everyone would be safe, because these machines would destroy alot

I don't expect someone who isn't a commercial driver to understand, but there are thousands of variables that would make things go wrong