Amazon seeking to enter the autonomous vehicle market by acquiring Zoox. Edit: Elon claps back

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Self driving cars have killed multiple people at this point and it has not stopped development, more companies are popping up and more money is being invested. Your scenario is not based in the real world

I swear, I have no idea what world these people are living in that they think because ppl die that some technological shift in our economy is going to stop :mjlol:

People die every day in industrial accidents
People get cancer and other incurable diseases from working in certain industries
Humans driving commercial vehicles kill other people every single day

So a company now only pays someone enough to sit in a car and deliver a package and not deliver a package and drive a car all day.

Or one person is tasked with remotely monitoring and if necessary controlling a small fleet of say 3-5 autonomous vehicles. Trust me, if the tech is reliable enough for the car to be completely autonomous, there is ZERO chance that amazon or any other company is going to want to pay someone to be in that car. Both because that's additional overhead but MOSTLY due to potential liability issues. If a car goes haywire and crashes into a pole, Amazon will be willing to pay to replace that pole, they don't also want to be paying multimillion dollar lawsuits bc the person sitting in the car gets paralyzed. Also, a person in the car takes up space, which means less packages per vehicle.

I used to drive commercial vehicles and still have my license

Your comment is not based in the real world

I bet people who owned taxi cab medallions said the same thing up until the day Uber/Lyft came through and flooded the industry. It's always good until it isn't. People were buying homes like crazy up until the day the market crashed in 07/08. Hotels, flights, wedding venues were booked solid but the minute we found out covid wasn't just going away, all that changed in an instant.

What is so funny scarf , I did not see the boot open a building door , go around objects blocking it's way , open an elevator , climb multiple stairs , open a locked gate . Stop being a smart a$$ Mr. Scarf

LMAO....you're talking about technology we've had for years already. Roomba vacuum cleaners are almost 20 years old. The military has been using remote controlled/operated robots for years (IEDs, search/recovery during and after natural disasters/explosions etc).

iRobot 510 PackBot Multi-Mission Robot - Army Technology

1-image-45.jpg

The machine is also fitted with a small arm manipulator (SAM) featuring a fixed-focus colour camera to perform manipulation, interrogation and inspection.

The PackBot can climb stairs and navigate through narrow surfaces. It can traverse rubble, rock, mud, snow, and other difficult terrains.

The multi-mission robot has a speed of approximately 9.3kmph, can negotiate grades of approximately 60° and can operate in water depths of up to 3ft. (RAIN SLEET OR SNOW will not stop them lmao)

The Military Has Found The Perfect Use For Video Game Controllers In War

Not only that but eventually all new buildings will take into account the necessary infrastructure to make these things easier (dedicated elevators for robots or a delivery system similar to the drive through banks but large enough to accommodate packages up to a certain size).

The way it might go is as follows:

You order the new and improved ThotBotXXX3000 VR enabled "sexual companion". It's manufactured and ready for distribution (almost entirely autonomous).

If you selected the standard/free shipping the ThotBot will be loaded into a larger delivery vehicle that may in fact be driven by a person who will park at a designated location in a certain neighborhood. Obviously their delivery schedules are organized by AI so that they are in a specific area for most of the day. And the autonomous robots are deployed, addresses etc already stored in their memory. They already have the front of your home "mapped out" in their memory as well (provided by Google Maps or im sure at some point Amazon will simply create their own internal database). And just like your standard non priority/express delivery, they will drop that mf on your porch, you'll be notified and if you have a Ring (Amazon) doorbell camera it will probably take a picture confirming delivery (also cuts down on potential "I didn't receive my package" fraud).

Let's say you pay extra for a more discreet manner of delivery. Also you live in the city, on the 15th floor. If it's a new building they will have a smaller service elevator built specifically for package deliveries. At every floor it will open into a room accessible only to those who live on that floor. Access to this service elevator will be from outside the building so deliveries can take place 24/7. The van will pull up and the commercial/civilian verson of the Packbot will deploy, pick up the ThotBox and rumble it's way to the service elevator. You will have 24/7 real time visibility into the delivery process - as soon as the Packbot has entered within range of your building you will get notification to your phone (or most likely to some sort of smart home management software). If you're smart you made sure to set your privacy settings so that the system doesn't audibly announce the impending delivery :mjlol:...I mean think about having an actual female or maybe family in the house and Siri yells out "Hi Strapped! I just wanted you to know that your ThotBoxXXX3000, Order number 344981 is on it's way! Remember if your package arrives damaged, do not open it and immediately contact Amazon customer service." :lupe:

The Packbot will roll up to a secure door (possible financed by Amazon), with a computer/sensors into which your order information was uploaded remotely the MILLISECOND after it left the distribution center. The Packbot will communicate securely with the system and provide a series of encrypted keys. One associated with the Packbot itself, so that the door knows it's a legitimate Amazon Packbot. The second will be tied to the package specifically (will include order details, contact information and physical package information). The system will immediately confirm the order/contact information and open the exterior door to initially accept the package. The Packbot will place the box inside. A conveyor will take the package and slowly roll it into a closed off/hardened/fire proof holding area where sensors will confirm various physical characteristics of the package (weight and dimensions). It will probably also be able to perform a quick scan for potentially hazardous or illegal chemicals/substances etc. If physical characteristics don't match it may be rejected and the Packbot may take it back. If something dangerous is detected it may be held inside of the holding area.

Assuming everything goes well, the conveyor will take it into the special service elevator and it will go to your floor, to the delivery/utility room. Each apt/unit will have its own storage locker. It storage locker delivery is selected, or say you're actually away on vacation, the box will be moved by a different type of packbot (or if package is small enough a mechanical "arm") will physically pick it up to place into your locker. If you select door to door service a different Packbot that is onsite 24/7 (that also has access to each floor's storage room) will take bring it directly to your unit. This Packbot will be a "facilities management" version that is easily customized to perform different services such as vacuuming/mopping/buffing floors, cleaning/sanitizing all contact surfaces, provide roaming security, cut grass, water plants and even intercept potential visitors/trespassers.

By the time Thotbox has reached your door you already jerked it once bc you didn't want to embarrass yourself by busting too quickly (supposedly this generation of ThotBox had some security vulnerabilities that allowed hackers to break into it's proprietary sexual management software...no one read the EULA and it turns out ThotBox keeps detailed records of every users preferred settings, "physical information", duration and frequency of "individual user experiences" and has access to any information/apps (including camera/microphone) located on the ThotBox or any Amazon affiliated companies.

:merchant:

Genos

Superstar
Daps
You gotta be trolling with those videos

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/aut...p-at-a-red-light-or-avoid-pedestrians.771800/

I already made a thread on it. The problem is heavy traffic meaning pedestrian/city street traffic, which is the majority of Amazon deliveries

As long as Cars/Trucks/Buses are delivering in Montana and Wyoming, then everyone would be safe, because these machines would destroy alot

I don't expect someone who isn't a commercial driver to understand, but there are thousands of variables that would make things go wrong

:mjlol::mjlol:

Yeah trolling, cars never drive around cars.

Also tell me why this video is fake?

I don't really expect someone who doesn't know much about machine learning (even tough you are in school for it :mjgrin:) to really understand its strengths and how fast it can learn compared to traditional coding. The fact that you think I would have to be in the field to understand the troubles are all I need to know about your knowledge of machine learning and its recent progress.

For those who actually want to learn I would really suggest the book "The Second Machine age" or for this topic at least watch this

You will see people like UpAndComing who are laughing about something that is already here.

Genos

Superstar
Daps
I swear, I have no idea what world these people are living in that they think because ppl die that some technological shift in our economy is going to stop :mjlol:

People die every day in industrial accidents
People get cancer and other incurable diseases from working in certain industries
Humans driving commercial vehicles kill other people every single day

Exactly, this "general technology will stop when people get killed" has never worked out in reality. Regular cars, industrial machines, airplanes, even vending machines kill people fairly regularly and yet we still make all of those.This is even more laughable as a lot of technological progress is made for the purposes of killing people.

Or one person is tasked with remotely monitoring and if necessary controlling a small fleet of say 3-5 autonomous vehicles. Trust me, if the tech is reliable enough for the car to be completely autonomous, there is ZERO chance that amazon or any other company is going to want to pay someone to be in that car. Both because that's additional overhead but MOSTLY due to potential liability issues. If a car goes haywire and crashes into a pole, Amazon will be willing to pay to replace that pole, they don't also want to be paying multimillion dollar lawsuits bc the person sitting in the car gets paralyzed. Also, a person in the car takes up space, which means less packages per vehicle.
In the beginning though you will have to deal with customers who don't want to/can't walk up stairs or far distances to get their package, you will also have to worry about vandalism and people stealing stuff out of the car. All of that could be mitigated by having someone in the car. They will probably do like how waymo is doing now with their self driving taxis and have someone in the front pretending like they will take over when the car fukks up but most likely they will be chilling on their phones, and their main job will be to deliver packages. As robots that can actually move shyt around autonomously that can drop shyt off at the front door becomes cheaper then we will move to a self checkout like system imo.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly, this "general technology will stop when people get killed" has never worked out in reality. Regular cars, industrial machines, airplanes, even vending machines kill people fairly regularly and yet we still make all of those.This is even more laughable as a lot of technological progress is made for the purposes of killing people.

In the beginning though you will have to deal with customers who don't want to/can't walk up stairs or far distances to get their package, you will also have to worry about vandalism and people stealing stuff out of the car. All of that could be mitigated by having someone in the car. They will probably do like how waymo is doing now with their self driving taxis and have someone in the front pretending like they will take over when the car fukks up but most likely they will be chilling on their phones, and their main job will be to deliver packages. As robots that can actually move shyt around autonomously that can drop shyt off at the front door becomes cheaper then we will move to a self checkout like system imo.

Yup. I also think having the person will be moreso to put a "human face" to the technology. More public relations than anything else. As far as theft, 90% of the time it's the driver's fault. I see these idiots all the time leaving the keys in the truck/van while they're running to make a delivery. In Chicago the kids will follow the delivery truck while on its route (in a car). And soon as driver is away for a second, someone hops in and it's a wrap.