Amber Rose lets her 4-year-old son Slash drink coffee every morning

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

if she was giving her kids soda and speaking about it publicly, she would get backlash too...

as shown by the discussions in the above links i got just by googling "giving kids soda"
No she wouldn't. I don't know why you've chosen to play dumb about this. Giving kids sugary juices and soda does not carry the same stigma as coffee, and the links you scrounged together doesn't prove it, either. Their targeted demographics and how they're marketed dispels this claim too.

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
Giving kids sugary juices and soda does not carry the same stigma as coffee, and the links you scrounged together doesn't prove it, either.
I posted evidence of people complaining about sugary drinks...

now you can respond with your evidence of people publicly giving toddlers soda with no backlash

:sas2:

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I posted evidence of people complaining about sugary drinks...

now you can respond with your evidence of people publicly giving toddlers soda with no backlash

:sas2:
That's not meaningful evidence. Giving kids sodas and fruit drinks loaded with sugar or trashy processed foods doesn't elicit the same reaction. Again, just look at how it's all marketed.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
That will stunt her child's growth possibly.
You can not do that as a parent.

Not recommended at all.

Art Barr

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
That's not meaningful evidence. Giving kids sodas and fruit drinks loaded with sugar or trashy processed foods doesn't elicit the same reaction. Again, just look at how it's all marketed.
so you have no evidence of toddlers drinking soda with no backlash?

:unimpressed:

show me the marketing showing toddlers drinking soda at least...

Daps
Giving your child coffee every morning from the age of 4 is wild. Coffee addiction in adults is a problem but starting them that young is weird to me

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
so you have no evidence of toddlers drinking soda with no backlash?

:unimpressed:

show me the marketing showing toddlers drinking soda at least...
You're trying to move the goal posts now by adding the qualifier "toddler." A 4-year-old isn't a toddler. And if coffee and those drinks shared the same stigma among the larger society, there would be a larger push back against advertising them to children, but there isn't. And you're never going to convince me otherwise. I don't know why you're choosing to die on this hill, or what kind of bug you got up your ass, but that's something you're going to have to work through on your own.

Fruit drinks and flavored waters that contain added sugars or low-calorie sweeteners dominated sales of drinks intended for children in 2018, making up 62% of the $2.2 billion in total children’s drink sales, according to a new report from the Rudd Center for Food Policy & Obesity at the University of Connecticut.

That year, companies spent $20.7 million to advertise children’s drinks with added sugars, primarily targeting kids under age 12, according to the report funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. In fact, children ages 2 to 11 saw more than twice as many TV ads for children’s sweetened drinks than for children’s drinks without added sweeteners.

This report follows a consensus statement released in September by health and nutrition experts that recommended that children under age 5 should not consume any drinks with added sugars or low-calorie sweeteners, and that they should consume limited amounts of 100% juice.

But common nutrition-related claims and images of fruit on packages of sugary fruit drinks and flavored waters make it difficult for parents to easily identify the healthier drinks for their children, say the authors.

“Beverage companies have said they want to be part of the solution to childhood obesity, but they continue to market sugar-sweetened children’s drinks directly to young children on TV and through packages designed to get their attention in the store,” says Jennifer L. Harris, lead author and director of marketing initiatives at the Rudd Center. “Parents may be surprised to know that pediatricians, dentists, and other nutrition experts recommend against serving any of these drinks to children.”

Researchers assessed the top-selling brands of children’s drinks—including 34 sweetened drinks (fruit drinks, flavored waters, and drink mixes) and 33 drinks without added sweeteners (100% juice, juice-water blends, and one sparkling water)—analyzing sales, advertising spending, children’s exposure to TV advertising, nutritional content, and product packaging. Brands with at least $10 million in sales in 2018 were included.

1tc8ndej.jpg