Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I don't feel the same, fortunately. I'd say that my way of thinking isn't one in one hundred (1%). I know plenty of like minded individuals.

Responsible, yet irresponsible? You lost me there. I somewhat get the gist yet you are going on a roundabout way of saying 99% of people do not care enough to donate to the cause.

99%.

This is not money that people have to spread thinly between buying groceries or keeping their lights on.

I won't say what could happen (I have a few ideas) because this will turn into an IF type of debate which will go nowhere and everywhere at the same time.

No one ever says this about Jewish, Japanese or any other kind of people except blacks. Somehow we are not worthy by our own standards. Seems kind of self defeatist.

I always run across this attitude on the Internet but never in real life.

I have a bit more faith than you, it seems.

EDIT- Also you are basically ignoring the fact that sitting on money (which to most competent humans would be investing into mutual funds, CDs, or LAND) would actually grow money rather than letting it languish into less money throughout the years accounting for inflation

ALSO, do you not believe that more than one percent of parents would be able to afford higher education for their kids? The net effect of the next generation having significantly more income would in turn create more stable households, which would equal more well adjusted kids who would continue that path of prosperity on and on?

I mean there's so many ways this could go but the fact that the prevailing attitude is "down the drain" is MADDENINGLY sad.

Didn't want to make another post back to back.

The way things are now, I don't see more than 4 million black americans aggregating their money toward the goal of black empowerment. I'd like to be wrong on this but i don't see it at all.

I'm not ignoring anything. Sitting on money to people who don't really understand finance is just that - sitting on it. Most of us don't have basic financial understanding.

Responsible, yet irresponsible in this instance means: You pay off your debts instead of investing. It SEEMS responsible to get out of debt, but the best way to get out of debt is to GENERATE MORE MONEY. Using money that could build wealth to get out of the red, instead of using that money to build wealth AND get out of the red, is what most people who don't understand finance do. We as a people really don't understand finance so i can predict this behavior pretty confidently.

Nobody ever says this shyt about the jews because they are the shining example of staying on an Empowerment Code and Aggregating Wealth. Black Americans are the POLAR OPPOSITE of jews when it comes to the way we handle money and the idea of Empowerment. We are the shining example of doing idiotic things as a group. We may actually be the lone example of a collective lack of empowerment and a lack of aggregating wealth. Nobody is as terrible as us at this currently.

Higher education for your kids? For our children to have a PROPER education we need to invest in schools, teachers, and CONSTRUCTIVE time as parents. Gotta be on code and aggregate to do that. But ok higher education to get a job WHERE? We're not building our own economy and creating businesses for our kids to work at so i guess they'd join the rest of the blacks who currently ain't/can't get hired. The current NON-BLACK workplace ain't starving for black employees. They don't want as many as they have now.

For the record i think we deserve reparations and we deserve them now - regardless of the current mindset of black america. It would be better for us if we got them after we were on code and building our own economy. I don't think we will get them UNTIL we get on code and build our own economy but i'll take them now if it were possible. If i have to build with only %1 of us then i'll gladly do that. I'm gonna do that regardless of reparations.

As far as you being MADDENINGLY sad? Good! At least you feel something. When them crackas erased my history by gentrifying colonizing my hood i almost cried. Didn't feel that sad even when my granny died. It forced me to really face facts. I had to get deeper with my studies and understand this situation and ask myself what am i gonna do? What can WE do?

Last edited:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
The way things are now, I don't see more than 4 million black americans aggregating their money toward the goal of black empowerment. I'd like to be wrong on this but i don't see it at all.

I'm not ignoring anything. Sitting on money to people who don't really understand finance is just that - sitting on it. Most of us don't have basic financial understanding.

Responsible, yet irresponsible in this instance means: You pay off your debts instead of investing. It SEEMS responsible to get out of debt, but the best way to get out of debt is to GENERATE MORE MONEY. Using money that could build wealth to get out of the red, instead of using that money to build wealth AND get out of the red, is what most people who don't understand finance do. We as a people really don't understand finance so i can predict this behavior pretty confidently.

Nobody ever says this shyt about the jews because they are the shining example of staying on an Empowerment Code and Aggregating Wealth. Black Americans are the POLAR OPPOSITE of jews when it comes to the way we handle money and the idea of Empowerment. We are the shining example of doing idiotic things as a group. We may actually be the lone example of a collective lack of empowerment and a lack of aggregating wealth. Nobody is as terrible as us at this currently.

Higher education for your kids? For our children to have a PROPER education we need to invest in schools, teachers, and CONSTRUCTIVE time as parents. Gotta be on code and aggregate to do that. But ok higher education to get a job WHERE? We're not building our own economy and creating businesses for our kids to work at so i guess they'd join the rest of the blacks who currently ain't/can't get hired. The current NON-BLACK workplace ain't starving for black employees. They don't want as many as they have now.

For the record i think we deserve reparations and we deserve them now - regardless of the current mindset of black america. It would be better for us if we got them after we were on code and building our own economy. I don't think we will get them UNTIL we get on code and build our own economy but i'll take them now if it were possible. If i have to build with only %1 of us then i'll gladly do that. I'm gonna do that regardless of reparations.

As far as you being MADDENINGLY sad? Good! At least you feel something. When them crackas erased my history by gentrifying colonizing my hood i almost cried. Didn't feel that sad even when my granny died. It forced me to really face facts. I had to get deeper with my studies and understand this situation and ask myself what am i gonna do? What can WE do?

This is the uncomfortable conversation we as Blacks need to have with this and our future generations.

Jay Kast

Hidden Royalty
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI

Honestly, this point is simply not true. It's not that companies don't want to hire African Americans, it's that most AA don't have the necessary skill set to be valuable to these companies. I live it, every day- I am the only AA at my job that has the necessary skills to do what I do. The other AA's are stuck in menial positions within the company, part time at that. The only difference between me and them are skills- a gap that education itself would fill.

That doesn't require a code (though it would put more people on the same page), investing in teachers, schools or anything else other than going to trade school or college for in demand positions down the line.

It's almost as if your raising the bar at both ends here while cutting down simple tried and true methods for attaining wealth. First, 150k ain't shyt- Second, We ain't shyt - Third, We have to invest our money into teachers, schools and have a code of empowerment to be even marginally successful- Fourth, we have to build our OWN economy... and so on and so forth. I mean if we were to accomplish all of that with 6.4 trillion dollars, why be here any longer? We'd have all the necessary tools to create our civilization with that much effort..

Truth is, being educated and having skills in the most in demand fields of work is enough to set us on a prosperous path and it doesn't require anything other than going to schools that already exists, earning certs/degrees in subjects that already exist, becoming more valuable to an economy that already exists. No company will say "WE NEED AN ELECTRICAL ENGINEER.. that's white only". The end goal for companies is profit, it wouldn't matter if you were a neon green human- all they care about is having the most skilled employees further their progress.

Now, I'm not saying that these goals you speak of are bullshyt, actually the opposite- but I am saying that far less is needed than you believe. The most wealthiest people I know don't invest in schools, have a race unifying code or anything - they are simply more valuable to the economy due to higher education and skills.

And of course if you get a degree in ART or something, you'll be hard pressed to find worthwhile employment. Stick to STEM fields.

Michael9100

The Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
houston
That would be 6.4 trillion divided by the 42 million black americans (i'm sure it's less when we count non immigrant blacks but for the sake of argument lets use this number).

You have to factor out "African-Americans" under 18 as well........

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
Reparations would be nice but all it would really do is make rich people richer. I do think we as a culture aren't mature enough to handle that kind of money responsibly.

You make your own reparations. Build something you can own. When we have ownership we have power, when we have power we can dictate, and until we can dictate the narrative we will not receive reparations.

But by that time you won't want them.

shut tf up cac .

Treblemaka

President, BYNKRadio.com (Retired)
Daps
Reppin
Black Empowerment
Why is how the money would be spent relevant to the discussion of how much is owed?

The money is owed - period. Your inferiority complexes or desire to control others is irrelevant to the fact that the bill is past due.

I only want us to get reparations if its going to benefit us. In the now I think all we would do with the money is boost white owned company stock prices. Reparations is an attempt to apologize for something
shut tf up cac .

Lol, why is this a go to on the coli?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Reparations would be nice but all it would really do is make rich people richer. I do think we as a culture aren't mature enough to handle that kind of money responsibly.

WHAT!?!?!?!??!? :dahell:

actually if all the slaves descendants was paid reperations in full from the govt' AND the corporations that started in slavery that exist today, then it would flip the economic powers of the US. instead of the 1% having power imagine 14% of black americans and others having powers to rival theirs.

Also fact is if we could unify under one black nation and made our own Black MECCA, black wall street. again. we'd be unstoppable.

But see that scenario wont play out the way i said for many reasons. sadly... And it wouldnt make rich people richer.... the 1% of america is mostly white...

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
imrs.php

a lot of that land worthless and in horrible conditions tho.

hand over the money.

Treblemaka

President, BYNKRadio.com (Retired)
Daps
Reppin
Black Empowerment
WHAT!?!?!?!??!? :dahell:

actually if all the slaves descendants was paid reperations in full from the govt' AND the corporations that started in slavery that exist today, then it would flip the economic powers of the US. instead of the 1% having power imagine 14% of black americans and others having powers to rival theirs.

Also fact is if we could unify under one black nation and made our own Black MECCA, black wall street. again. we'd be unstoppable.

But see that scenario wont play out the way i said for many reasons. sadly... And it wouldnt make rich people richer.... the 1% of america is mostly white...

The reason it will make the 1% richer is because they own the companies that most of the reparations get spent on. Don't get me wrong I want a situation where black use the opportunity to unite and grow financial, I just have little faith it will happen.