Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
I only want us to get reparations if its going to benefit us. In the now I think all we would do with the money is boost white owned company stock prices. Reparations is an attempt to apologize for something

Lol, why is this a go to on the coli?

How much you wanna bet you aint black, bytch.
Just stop while you ahead troll ass whiteboy

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
The reason it will make the 1% richer is because they own the companies that most of the reparations get spent on. Don't get me wrong I want a situation where black use the opportunity to unite and grow financial, I just have little faith it will happen.

And if we dont spend our money on their shyt and built our own, it wont matter...:youngsabo:

FoolinLikeABitvh

Slim Stupid (Was JohnsonGhetto) | DAFOOL|
Daps
Reppin
DIRTY SOUTH SHXT
The reason it will make the 1% richer is because they own the companies that most of the reparations get spent on. Don't get me wrong I want a situation where black use the opportunity to unite and grow financial, I just have little faith it will happen.

The new era of Black Empowerment will erupt regardless of reparations.
The Process of Unification.

ahdsend

Superstar
Daps
imrs.php

a lot of that land worthless and in horrible conditions tho.

hand over the money.

it could be african land too tho.. cause everyone EXCEPT black folks control africa

the entire world benefited from the african slave trade, everybody was eating good off black folks

the reparations should be cash AND resources.... something that creates long term wealth

and black folks should be tax exempt and given instruction on building businesses, teaching people how to invest and so on.

most importantly is free skill training and resources to actually make money with those skills

basically do for blacks what they did for them poor european peasants coming over after slavery

ahdsend

Superstar
Daps
we also need our own welfare system, cause we got a major problem today that wasnt around like this 60 years ago

almost 3 out of 4 black kids are growing up in a single parent home

the way it is now they're on the US government payroll

at least get rid of that no man in the house rule, cause that along with the private prisons are directly responsible for destroying the black families

and that destroyed the black community, all we got now are neighborhoods

there is not a single black community in america today...

Supreme HD

Superstar
Daps
Reparations would be nice but all it would really do is make rich people richer. I do think we as a culture aren't mature enough to handle that kind of money responsibly.

You make your own reparations. Build something you can own. When we have ownership we have power, when we have power we can dictate, and until we can dictate the narrative we will not receive reparations.

But by that time you won't want them.
go fukk yourself you fukking c*nt

Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Honestly, this point is simply not true. It's not that companies don't want to hire African Americans, it's that most AA don't have the necessary skill set to be valuable to these companies. I live it, every day- I am the only AA at my job that has the necessary skills to do what I do. The other AA's are stuck in menial positions within the company, part time at that. The only difference between me and them are skills- a gap that education itself would fill.

That doesn't require a code (though it would put more people on the same page), investing in teachers, schools or anything else other than going to trade school or college for in demand positions down the line.

It's almost as if your raising the bar at both ends here while cutting down simple tried and true methods for attaining wealth. First, 150k ain't shyt- Second, We ain't shyt - Third, We have to invest our money into teachers, schools and have a code of empowerment to be even marginally successful- Fourth, we have to build our OWN economy... and so on and so forth. I mean if we were to accomplish all of that with 6.4 trillion dollars, why be here any longer? We'd have all the necessary tools to create our civilization with that much effort..

Truth is, being educated and having skills in the most in demand fields of work is enough to set us on a prosperous path and it doesn't require anything other than going to schools that already exists, earning certs/degrees in subjects that already exist, becoming more valuable to an economy that already exists. No company will say "WE NEED AN ELECTRICAL ENGINEER.. that's white only". The end goal for companies is profit, it wouldn't matter if you were a neon green human- all they care about is having the most skilled employees further their progress.

Now, I'm not saying that these goals you speak of are bullshyt, actually the opposite- but I am saying that far less is needed than you believe. The most wealthiest people I know don't invest in schools, have a race unifying code or anything - they are simply more valuable to the economy due to higher education and skills.

And of course if you get a degree in ART or something, you'll be hard pressed to find worthwhile employment. Stick to STEM fields.

I'm only gonna address the bolded (where you seem to misunderstand me) and end this because honestly i'm not here to convince you of anything. The point of this debate was simply to have the experience of defending my position. I stated my position, i stand by it, and from what i can tell you and i are not on the same page at all.

Get better education to get better jobs at white owned companies? That's the real recipe for MARGINAL SUCCESS. We've been doing that. It's been MARGINALLY helpful.
Here's an example: We have these small pockets of blacks living in upper/upper-middle class areas in DC.MD, ATL, and Los Angeles Counties with great jobs and their children go to the nicest white indoctrination academies (typical eurocentric private schools). How's that working out for us collectively?

I'm talking about Black EmPOWERMENT. What i want is BLACK POWER. Specifically Black Power, Wealth, and Influence. To get that you need a Black Empowerment Code Of Conduct and a Black Economy. I'm done debating this with you. Good luck in whatever you do.

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good thread I see black wall street mentioned again. I think that was amazing what our people did in OK but that was pre integration. Nowadays in our communities its different groups of people owning businesses just because we get that money that don't mean these businesses going to just go away. And most people will continue to shop with places their familiar with. Starting a new business is difficult and I think that would happen as well. I think alot of our people would get the money and try to open businesses without understanding the principles of business. I'm sure we could do it but their would be alot of trial and error not to mention question marks.

Jay Kast

Hidden Royalty
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
I'm only gonna address the bolded (where you seem to misunderstand me) and end this because honestly i'm not here to convince you of anything. The point of this debate was simply to have the experience of defending my position. I stated my position, i stand by it, and from what i can tell you and i are not on the same page at all.

Get better education to get better jobs at white owned companies? That's the real recipe for MARGINAL SUCCESS. We've been doing that. It's been MARGINALLY helpful.
Here's an example: We have these small pockets of blacks living in upper/upper-middle class areas in DC.MD, ATL, and Los Angeles Counties with great jobs and their children go to the nicest white indoctrination academies (typical eurocentric private schools). How's that working out for us collectively?

I'm talking about Black EmPOWERMENT. What i want is BLACK POWER. Specifically Black Power, Wealth, and Influence. To get that you need a Black Empowerment Code Of Conduct and a Black Economy. I'm done debating this with you. Good luck in whatever you do.

Because educated black people wont be able to create their own successful businesses?

Not everyone who gets a degree / skilled trade WANTS or HAS to WORK for someone else.

BE 100's 2014 - Black Enterprise

I love the dismissive attitude though, whats the point of engaging in a debate without be open minded enough to allow better ideas or reasoning influence you? Not saying that my stance is the end-all be-all, because I definitely felt the "Code of Conduct" point and will give it serious thought and research.

But as you said, some people just debate to be defensive.

Good luck to you as well, brother- Hope things go well for you and yours, and I mean that genuinely.