• Take both

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm 6'4, 218 lbs. Currently have a good physique but no crazy definition but i do look somewhat lean. I Train 5 times a week and eat well but still need to get that cut classic physique look.

I was recommended amino acids to retain protein I eat and creatine to get more definition etc.

Is it needed

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I'm 6'4, 218 lbs. Currently have a good physique but no crazy definition but i do look somewhat lean. I Train 5 times a week and eat well but still need to get that cut classic physique look.

I was recommended amino acids to retain protein I eat and creatine to get more definition etc.

Is it needed
Amino Acids don’t “retain” protein :snoop:

Come on guise.

I said it in another thread keep the creatine even though it’s not directly going to impact cutting as a standalone. Aminos is a waste of $ for you.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps

Is it needed
Creatine 100%, most researched supp by far, just make sure you stay hydrated
Amino Acids don’t “retain” protein :snoop:

Come on guise.

I said it in another thread keep the creatine even though it’s not directly going to impact cutting as a standalone. Aminos is a waste of $ for you.

Whoever made those "recommendations" is a fukking idiot. Yeah, you can tell em @Son Goku said so. A motherfukking idiot. :pacspit:

The point of BCAAs isn't to "retain protein" (I honestly don't even know what is meant by this). Creatine won't necessarily help you with definition, especially if you end up retaining a lot of water on it (aka "creatine bloat"). One of the main effects of creatine is to draw water into your muscle tissues; you might not only gain weight, but also look less defined on it.

BCAAs will increase MPS (muscle protein synthesis) and decrease fatigue/soreness. Neither of these benefits are game-changers, but BCAAs are cheap; if you're on a budget, skip em, if you're 6 certs, send it.

I take em and mix em with Gatorade powder because I hate drinking just water during a workout and often workout fasted.

Breatine is the most legit supp there is, beside perhaps caffeine. There are folks that don't respond to breatine at all though; if you're one of those folks, you're just shyt out of luck.

Repeated for emphasis: There are folks that don't respond to breatine at all though; if you're one of those folks, you're just shyt out of luck.

Breatine increases non-aerobic power output. It's not for cardio sessions or increasing your VO2 max, it's not for cutting or bulking, it just "is". If being able to lift more weight/reps allows you to reach your goals, cool. If not, no worries.

The effects of either supplement aren't game-breaking, and once you stop taking them you will lose the effects, they're not permanent stat boosters.

-- Tails.
Screenshot-2023-01-07-220412-removebg-preview-20-removebg-preview.png

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Son Goku
@The ADD

I took your advice and returned the amino acids ...Creatine I'm not too sure of. I will start on it next month.

Any other supp based recomedations on looking cut / lean? I'm naturally a big / built guy so building muscle or body mass isn't my obstacle, more just tryna get the cut classic look.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
@Son Goku
@The ADD

I took your advice and returned the amino acids ...Creatine I'm not too sure of. I will start on it next month.

Any other supp based recomedations on looking cut / lean? I'm naturally a big / built guy so building muscle or body mass isn't my obstacle, more just tryna get the cut classic look.

Outside of certain anabolic steriods and something like an ECA stack, supplements won't really help you cut. Them fat burners and thermogenics are more of a waste of time/money than the BCAAs you just took back. :francis:

"Cutting" is about intentionally losing weight while tryna maintain lean muscle mass (i.e. losing mostly fat). Most supplements won't directly help with this, hence why cutting (and losing weight in general) is so difficult for most folks. If it was easy, erryone would do it. :ufdup:

Theoretically anything that helps you workout longer could be beneficial for cutting: ECA and caffeine, something like a maltodextrin to give you calories for energy, yohimbe, etc.

Most supplements have very little impact on anything you do physically anyways, so looking for a magic potion is pointless.

At the end of the day, in order to lose you're gonna have to ensure cals in =< cals out. It really is that simple scientifically, but the execution may not be.

You already basically admitted to being an alcoholic and said you won't quit drinking, so that's just even more work you're gonna have to put in.

Per gram, carbs and protein are 4 cals ea, fats are 9, and alcohol is 7.

Read that again, you acting-new nikka. :stopitslime:

The alcohol in that beer/wine/liquor you're downing has almost as much caloric energy as some fat from a can of Crisco.

Anyone drinking while cutting is stacking thr deck against themselves, that's just less nutritious food they can eat and/or more exercise they'll have to do. :snoop:

Folks say they wanna lose weight but won't cut out easy liquid calories that also poison their bodies. :martin:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Outside of certain anabolic steriods and something like an ECA stack, supplements won't really help you cut. Them fat burners and thermogenics are more of a waste of time/money than the BCAAs you just took back. :francis:

"Cutting" is about intentionally losing weight while tryna maintain lean muscle mass (i.e. losing mostly fat). Most supplements won't directly help with this, hence why cutting (and losing weight in general) is so difficult for most folks. If it was easy, erryone would do it. :ufdup:

Theoretically anything that helps you workout longer could be beneficial for cutting: ECA and caffeine, something like a maltodextrin to give you calories for energy, yohimbe, etc.

Most supplements have very little impact on anything you do physically anyways, so looking for a magic potion is pointless.

At the end of the day, in order to lose you're gonna have to ensure cals in =< cals out. It really is that simple scientifically, but the execution may not be.

You already basically admitted to being an alcoholic and said you won't quit drinking, so that's just even more work you're gonna have to put in.

Per gram, carbs and protein are 4 cals ea, fats are 9, and alcohol is 7.

Read that again, you acting-new nikka. :stopitslime:

The alcohol in that beer/wine/liquor you're downing has almost as much caloric energy as some fat from a can of Crisco.

Anyone drinking while cutting is stacking thr deck against themselves, that's just less nutritious food they can eat and/or more exercise they'll have to do. :snoop:

Folks say they wanna lose weight but won't cut out easy liquid calories that also poison their bodies. :martin:
This and what’s the point of waiting to use the creatine

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Is it needed
Training 5x weekly at your height and weight and not as much definition as you want, it sounds like it’s just your genetics breh. Not everybody is going to be ripped. If you’re in good shape and health be happy for being the best version of yourself.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Training 5x weekly at your height and weight and not as much definition as you want, it sounds like it’s just your genetics breh. Not everybody is going to be ripped. If you’re in good shape and health be happy for being the best version of yourself.
Like fukk

I pull hella hoes but still

You watch this space my brother

Imma make it up over this mountain