Amsterdam committing tourism suicide?

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
I heard they're gonna stop letting tourists buy weed in the shops there, seems crazy, I don't know all the ins and outs, wondered if anyone here had heard about this?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewb...overnment-to-foreigners-no-more-weed-for-you/

Won't street dealing go through the roof?

I heard about this on the joe rogan podcast. I guess they're starting to hate all the tourist. They're also getting rid of mushrooms which sucks cause next year I wanted to travel somewhere where there is a lot of shrooms.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Without the weed thing I think a lot of people won't bother going, I know I wouldn't and I've been twice before, it's a great city, but without the weed thing to separate it, I don't think it will be top of Peopless go to lists.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Loads of cities got red light districts, I heard its cheaper in Prague for girls.

Even Londons got soho

If you see a sign saying model upstairs round there, it's a prostitute.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
RLD in Dam is shyt, Prague is much better tbh for that. They have this one place called Sex Park i dont know if thats the actual name but thats what the cabbie called it. Its likee the RLD in dam but in a massive warehouse kind in the middle of nowhere. I have friends who go there religiously and spend all day there. There is a bar across from the warehouse to chill and shyt.

Lativa and Estonia are suppose to be poppin also. Well they were the new Prague when Prague was pickin up alot of the business back in 04/05.

But back to Dam :sadbron: yea they gunna fukk up their economy even more if they stop the tourists from buyin weed. As the majority of europe is already fukked and needin hand outs, shyt might turn ugly for the Dutch. Dam is a dirty city, but i like it it has a certain charm about it. But i can understand why they doin it, coz tourists well the Brits do take the piss out there lol also to stop the dro from bein smuggled out in O's and shyt. But like Denis said its only gunna drive that shyt underground. Lets hope the Dam Mayor can save the day for all us smokers out there

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if there arnt gangs there

there will be

what a way to create crime in a jiffy

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
PBS Frontline: The Suicide Tourist

"I am dying. … There is no sense in trying to deny that fact," 59-year-old Craig Ewert says of his rapid deterioration just months after being diagnosed with ALS, a motor neuron disorder often referred to as Lou Gehrig's disease.

"I'm not tired of living," explains Ewert, a retired computer science professor. "I'm tired of the disease, but I'm not tired of living. And I still enjoy it enough that I'd like to continue. But the thing is that I really can't."

Directed by Academy Award-winning filmmaker John Zaritsky, The Suicide Tourist is a portrait of Ewert's final days as the Chicago native pursues a physician-assisted suicide in the one place where it's legal for foreigners to come to end their lives: Switzerland. With unique access to Dignitas, the Swiss nonprofit that has helped more than 1,000 people die since 1998, The Suicide Tourist follows Ewert as he debates the morality -- and confronts the reality -- of choosing to die before his disease further ravages his body, and he loses the option to die without unbearable suffering.

Read more: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/suicidetourist/view/#ixzz1tzWLZldt

http://video.pbs.org/video/1430431984/

:birdman:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
if there arnt gangs there

there will be

what a way to create crime in a jiffy

There are, they all try and sell pills and coke to tourists down the RLD. One time me and my mate were walkin thru the RLD and one dealer asked my mate if he wanted coke or pills and my mate asked for Pepsi :smugfavre:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
The question I'm asking myself is how they're gonna do this with European rules, IMO it would be a violation to have discrimination between Dutch customers and other European customers, and that's exactly what will happen if they put in the "membership" thing they want to. If a Belgian or a German can't buy weed there but a Dutch can, that's a violation of free market rules. Wonder how they'll tackle that.

Roberto Dinero

Dropped from #TnT
Daps
Reppin
The Infamous World's End Houses
The Dutch government has been trying to do this for years. They are sick of all the drug tourists and they are slowly trying to reverse the law to make it illegal again.

It was never officially legal anyway, just tolerated. But yeah, don't nobody wanna go to Amsterdam if u can't get high. The free laws they have made it one of the best places in the world to go, especially as a smoker.

If this does pass they are defenetly gonna lose a lot of visitors.

And yeah, there is loads of drug dealers in the red light district in A'dam already. 1st time I was there u couldn't take more than a couple of steps without someone offering you coke or pills. I also saw dealers in the middle of the street counting big stacks of cash. It was crazy.

Saka

Pro
Daps
Was plannin on hittin up dam :wow: but all this does is open up a system where coffee shops sell to locals > locals to tourists its just adding a middle man to the transaction but killing off the celebrated tourist drug culture, only heads be goin to dam fukk else is there to do ?

Pedro Negro

Reefer & Sneakers
Daps
Reppin
New York fukkin' City
As mentioned above, the Dutch government is trying to weed out te drug tourism.

They are trying to implement something called the Weedpass which requires you to register your name in a database and puts a cap on how much herb you can buy in a particular timeframe. It also would be limited to Dutch residents and you would only be allowed to register at one coffeeshop.

Been to Amsterdam twice and have some friends over there who say if this ever does happen it wouldn't be for quite some time. But from the sound of it it may not ever happen cause it would kill their tourism big time.

I plan on going back for 4/20 next year but would never go back if they passed this shyt.

I do think the border towns (Maastricht is one) by Germany and Belgium have put this in place already though.

If you really wanna experience the Dam I suggest going sooner rather than later just in case.

Pedro Negro

Reefer & Sneakers
Daps
Reppin
New York fukkin' City
And to anyone who ever does go to Amsterdam just some quick tips:

Do not visit The Grasshopper or Bulldog chains of coffeeshops. Garbage.

Never buy shyt from street dealers.

Dutch purple is not high grade smoke like here in the US. Steer clear.

Discuss price and go over everything you wanna do to the RLD sluts BEFORE you go inside or you will be upcharged out the ass.

Blue lights in the RLD means its a tranny.

Steer clear.

Unless that's your sort of thing. :jawalrus: