An Article I Wrote on Spread Quarterbacks got Published in the WSJ

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Nah these kids are fukking themselves over. If you want to engineer you go to a top engineering school that's going to teach you the most about engineering, if you want to be a pro qb you go to a school that teaches you the most about being that. If you're a top talent with being an elite pro why choose to play in an offense that 0 people run in the next level?
a lot of times you dont get to choose a college with pro system. a lot of times a college with a pro system is smaller, not as popular and even if you ball out, you wont go in the first round, etc. I dont think its as clear cut as you make it out to be. plus for a lot of young players a better chance to be a gawd in college and then a crapshoot in NFL is more appealing than a crapshoot in college and maybe a better career in the NFL

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
a lot of times you dont get to choose a college with pro system. a lot of times a college with a pro system is smaller, not as popular and even if you ball out, you wont go in the first round, etc. I dont think its as clear cut as you make it out to be. plus for a lot of young players a better chance to be a gawd in college and then a crapshoot in NFL is more appealing than a crapshoot in college and maybe a better career in the NFL

I agree with your last point to an extent. But there are still a lot of colleges that run pro style. You're just not going to get the sexy numbers and the high amount of passing attempts.
If the nfl didn't change their rules to make it arena league status I could see this creating a resurgence of run 1st teams in the league, but I don't know

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So college is ruining quarterbacks and the offensive line, d-linemen are undersized...and so on. Sounds like it's time the NFL either gets a real d-league, providing these kids with pay, and develop them the way they want. Or they can stfu get the best players possible from college and actually spend time developing them themselves.

NFL is going the way of the CFL anyway. They are having an influence as well college with the pass pass pass and shot gun formations with 4 wide...and can't hit WRs nor touch them.

So might as well make the field wider and longer and call it the CFL on steroids.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
And my realest question of all

Why draft them then?

College coaches coach to win college games

Pro gms should draft to win NFL games. They do for every other position but qbs in the first rd.

Its their own fault, not qbs or the college game. Draft pro style qbs or stfu, GMs
they see the physical qualities and try to mold them into the pro game. I get it.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
The nfl could adapt getting rid of boring ass pro styles offenses. Also why does a play need to fifteen fukking words long? The egos of these coaches and gms is astounding

:heh:

Those Gruden-esqe ass playcalls aren't as bad as people make them out to be....especially when you're playing in the spread. there are literally hundreds of different plays you can run out of each look.

There is an insane amount of information that has to be relayed in a short period of time.