An Iowa fight over a Satanic display reminds us: Republicans believe "free speech" is only for them

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
I'm an agnostic that was raised by a Jehovah's witness.
Jehovah's Witness believe you should not celebrate any holidays, even birthdays. or engage in any public displays of worship.
As and agnostic i don't really see the purpose on any of that shyt anyway. So i never got into the emotional aspect of caring about whether other people have my beliefs or not.
So its always funny to me seeing people fight and act goofy over all this meaningless symbolism. i'm sure if God is real he would care about more meaningful tangible behavior. Like being a good person, over giving him praise and opposing people who do not. No way God would be all knowing, all powerful and still that petty.
I'm responsible for all creation and i'm supposed to care about you kicking over a lil statue? if you believe he's real, afford him some level of common sense. and decency. People treat God like he's the Elon Musk of deities.
when you say this, you are ascribing your ways to God

saying "a sensible God would be this"

its a mistake and half the reasons God says Hes a Jealous God, visiting the iniquities of the fathers unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate him...and showing love to thousands of them that love him and keep his commandments.

it might seem crazy at first but if you take it utterly serious you will live your life different. In old Canaanite "God" as a term meant gatekeeper and not what we normally think when you use the term. English does not fully convey the message in the Torah properly

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
when you say this, you are ascribing your ways to God

saying "a sensible God would be this"

its a mistake and half the reasons God says Hes a Jealous God, visiting the iniquities of the fathers unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate him...and showing love to thousands of them that love him and keep his commandments.

it might seem crazy at first but if you take it utterly serious you will live your life different. In old Canaanite "God" as a term meant gatekeeper and not what we normally think when you use the term. English does not fully convey the message in the Torah properly
Perhaps, but I'm just thinking about what logical reason a person with that much power would have to ever be jealous.
But if he is in spite of all that, then how is he good? I created a child, If they did something to spite me, and i took out my anger on my grandkids and my great grandkids, would you call me a good person?

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Perhaps, but I'm just thinking about what logical reason a person with that much power would have to ever be jealous.
But if he is in spite of all that, then how is he good? I created a child, If they did something to spite me, and i took out my anger on my grandkids and my great grandkids, would you call me a good person?
That sounds fair, but let me reword your own statement from potentially how the most high sees it (with the context of Exodus 20)

I created Israel, they spited me despite creating and saving them, and I remember their sin up to the third and fourth generation of Israel when they forget me (delivers them to Egypt, Assyria, Rome, etc etc)

now with that lense how would you perceive Exodus 20