Ancestry.com DNA Tests for only $60 *Limited time offer*

El Bajo Negro

Banned
Daps

Why you so worried about the cops breh? :mjgrin: What you out here doin? *adjusts mic* We can't hear you, speak up please.

They gonna take your DNA anyway after you get caught and arrested :ufdup: Might as well order that test now

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Why you so worried about the cops breh? :mjgrin: What you out here doin? *adjusts mic* We can't hear you, speak up please.

They gonna take your DNA anyway after you get caught and arrested :ufdup:Might as well order that test now

It's not about me, I'm not selling out my family either or possible future children, nieces or nephews.. they're using these databases for familial matches too.
:ufdup: they can narrow it down to your bloodline,. We can't possibly conceive of all the ways this info can negatively impact us :mindblown:

Last edited:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
I'm saying and what's the point really anyways. Pretty much already know. That 12% european dna or 5% native american means a lot to a mfer I guess.

Lol. Maybe I may get a clue on what African tribe/tribes I'm from? The hell I'm going to do with 5% native american?

It just means they slave ancestors were raped.People are crazy. The government has all our where abouts do to Google maps, our face ID do to facelock screens and Snapchat, all our likes dislikes and our circle of friends and family do to FB. Our homes our now bugged with house with products like Google home. And now DNA with this shyt. We have willing gave way all our lives up for surveillance.

:patrice: You mean our right?

Unfortunately, you're underestimating that confidence boost alot of people in our race would get if they discovered they were even 1/16th Native American

I just want to know what part of Africa I came from? Some of you are projecting hard.

"Mountain told me that “[23andMe co-founder and CEO] Anne Wojcicki is really focused on how to diversify,” but I wasn’t reassured by Mountain’s examples. She told me of a project called “Roots Into The Future*,” whereby 23andMe made a concerted effort to gather 20,000 African-American samples. That’s great news. But it didn’t answer my question. Especially since the numbers for users of Sub-Saharan African descent were also shockingly low. The 23andme Sub-Saharan African sample size here is 228, which is about 2800% smaller than the European set. Based on the total data sets in the rightmost column (23andme data plus public data set), the Sub-Saharan African sample size is 1100% smaller than the European set (621 versus 6842)*. And yet, the population of Sub-Saharan Africa is 1 billion, a figure that does not even include the 37+ million African Americans, 30 million Afro Caribbeans, and 5 million Sub-Saharan African immigrants in Europe, Asia, and elsewhere."

23andMe has a problem when it comes to ancestry reports for people of color

Dont use 23andMe.

The fact that the most diverse genetic groups on the planet have the smallest sample sizes for these test is very alarming and scary to me.

I saw a video where a Nigerian guy got his tests back and they said he was Cameroonian :laugh:

Ancestry is supposed to have a bigger DNA resource and be able to track how your folks moved. It's why I picked them. Good to know.

confidence-4big.png

And in all these ignorant posts, not one of you has posted an alternative to these two sites :mjlol:

If you are worried about the Feds, wear gloves and don't be sloppy with the wet-work.:yeshrug:.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
I ain't read what you had' typed in full but I wasn't talking about you specifically I was speaking in general do what you like. I don't see what knowing which tribes you were connected to centuries ago will do for you now. Those tribes mostly changed and evolved over timed as well. And your most likely an amalgamation of a slew of tribes.
Lol. Maybe I may get a clue on what African tribe/tribes I'm from? The hell I'm going to do with 5% native american?

I just want to know what part of Africa I came from? Some of you are projecting hard.

Ancestry is supposed to have a bigger DNA resource and be able to track how your folks moved. It's why I picked them. Good to know.

confidence-4big.png

And in all these ignorant posts, not one of you has posted an alternative to these two sites :mjlol:

If you are worried about the Feds, wear gloves and don't be sloppy with the wet-work.:yeshrug:.

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal

confidence-4big.png

Breh I'm talking about people how send THEY DNA there homie.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
The problem with sub-Saharan African DNA samples isn't just a 23andme issue, it has been a problem with population genetics research for some time and is only recently being rectified by sampling on the continent. Since Africa is so diverse genetically you need a lot of samples from lots of places.

Even so, studies on African DNA by ethnic group have shown the ratios are so similar for some it is really hard to accurately get down to the country/ethnic group level. While the % West African ancestry these tests give is generally correct, the countries can be way off since they is a lot of intermixing (i.e. West Africa) and the results are skewed towards what their limited samples of African DNA reflect, not necessarily the reality of it.

As for AAs, the % African/White/Native American is generally accurate. Going to any lower level than that is fraught with caveats and details. Even this information is based on an average of a range. If you do these tests they should give you a range or confidence interval for the % matches by ethnicity.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
OR... People wanna know what part of Africa they trace back to.
Like I said earlier for what? Why send your dna to an private company? And I see more people in my neck of the woods latch on to the european and asian percentages. That's been my experience of why negros would pay money to learn what else they have in them. Most nikkas ain't paying 60+ dollars just to learn they have 'african' ancestry shyt they already knew. It's Almost exactly like that tom episode on the boondocks. nikkas already know they have west african nations from centuries ago in their bloodline. Trying to find an identity in precentages is sad imo.
But that piece of paper or webpage with percentages means a lot to mfers. Money would be better spent meeting and talking with elders in your family and distance relatives. To each his own though I'd never waste my time on this garbage.

Last edited: