Andre 3000 - New Blue Sun (Discussion Thread)

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Well we all wished for an album from 3 Stacks

monkeys-paw-paw.gif

REAL6

All Star
Daps

André 3000 reveals why his new solo album has no bars — and no boundaries​

For the first time in nearly two decades, André 3000 is releasing an album of new music. New Blue Sun, set to be released this Friday, Nov. 17, is a stunning 87-minute mind-bender, minimalist and experimental, tribal and transcendent.

One thing it is not, however, is a rap record: No bars, no beats, no sub-bass. André doesn't sing on this joint, either. What he does do is play flute, and plenty of it — contrabass flute, maya flutes, bamboo flutes — along with other digital wind instruments. In place of lyrics, he offers eight provocative song titles, the first of which almost reads like a lowkey apology, with a wink of irony: "I swear, I Really Wanted To Make A 'Rap' Album But This Is Literally The Way The Wind Blew Me This Time."

In this sweeping, hour-long interview, the former member of OutKast speaks with NPR Music's Rodney Carmichael about the long road to making New Blue Sun, which traveled through phases of grief and inspiration. A departure album in the classic sense, New Blue Sun also feels like André has arrived.

Last edited:

Superstar
Daps
I really hope for yall sake he raps. If this nikka is playing the flute and not rapping Im going to cook you 3000 fans. Dead ass.... Been putting up with you nikkas bullshyt ass opinions for to long.

:yeshrug:
We don’t care if you end up at home typing all frustrated. We all know whatever shyt you end up talking is going to have flutes playing the background, just like the rest of us.