Andrew Schultz FLAMES Joe Budden: "You Always Crying About Bad Deals Because You Suck At Business"

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
that is not what budden has been saying. But of course you know that and just being a hater

If I’m misquoting or misunderstanding then let me know where I went wrong lol

I’m in no way a hater, I’m literally a fan. Been a fan for years

I’m just not a pick sides ass nikka.. I use my fukkin brain. I don’t give a fukk about this Andrew guy

Last edited:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
He didn’t say that though. He signed the deal to get knowledge. Once they took over and he understood their worth when it was time to sign a new deal he put all that on the table. They wanted to 360 them and he said fukk outta here I’m out.

I don’t get why people keep saying they signed a bad deal, they are negotiating a new deal because they are worth more than they were when they started.
:mjlol:

is Andrew Schultz good at business?

he would literally be a nobody if Charlamagne didn't put him on.

uhh this sounds like he’s pretty good at it

S.W.A.G.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m rockin w the ownership shyt by the way. Ain’t nothing wrong with pushing ownership

Joe’s problem is he signs unfavorable deals, then complains about them being unfavorable after the fact..

It’s not like he’s saying he was promised money he never got or anything like that. He’s literally complaining about a deal he’s on record saying he created

:mjlol:

shyts like Scottie Pippen.. don’t sign a 18 million 5 year deal, then complain about it not being enough in year 4. nikka, you signed it lol

This is it. Very simple.

Joe's intentions are great and honourable, he wants to shake things up, he wants ownership but he has a few things going against him in terms of others respecting his moves:
1. For years he has ISSUES with the way business is done regarding record deals, media deals (Complex), group deals (Slaughterhouse), radio (Hot 97), podcasting (Spotify) - being unsatisfied with every part of your negotiations is showing a poor track record.
2. He comes across too emotional, aggressive and vocalises all his ideas rather than executing and staying silent (holding cards to chest) - which is the best move as a business person.
3. He flirts between the idea of 'independence' but still needs a media partner like Spotify? Why not run the ads yourself, get a Patreon etc. He wants to have his cake and eat it. To do that you need to build a level of clout that Rogan and even Charlamagne have done - points 1 and 2 may mean he isn't a trusted partner. Giving away equity isn't a bad thing if it matches your belief system and you have a good strategic partner (like Revolt would be a good fit for Joe). Remember Bezos owns 11% of Amazon, but controls the shyt out of it...

To answer why people are so into this, business really taps into the psychology of us, it is really deep rooted, the ability to deal with complexity and navigate within systems, disrupt systems - its beautifully chaotic and it all touches what we hold dear - making money, being successful, balancing our morals/ethics, legacy, security, stability etc. Other people have shown to navigate their own philosophy better than Joe eventhough he may be more talented. Joe never seems happy - year after year, project after project and that is not a good sign...

Keengcong

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
He didn’t say that though. He signed the deal to get knowledge. Once they took over and he understood their worth when it was time to sign a new deal he put all that on the table. They wanted to 360 them and he said fukk outta here I’m out.

I don’t get why people keep saying they signed a bad deal, they are negotiating a new deal because they are worth more than they were when they started.

... so it was a bad deal

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Way too much of grown men talking about other mens business smfh what’s going on out here ..

maybe he has a point Yea or maybe not but damn

he made it the topic of discussion

If he wasn’t ranting about it on his podcast, we would literally have no fukkin idea these problems existed

:hhh:

S.W.A.G.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Can you explain what Joe meant by 'knowledge'?

He means analytics on the streams, the audience, the bounce rate, etc so he can eventually get a better deal? Why did he need Spotify for this. Every other podcast has analytics because that is how they attract advertisers... so I feel Joe's whole point of joining Spotify for something he could get independently is flawed. In fact the analytics are worse, given he only can get the numbers from one platform... he could have just paid an external company to do this all for him and remain independent...or am I missing something?

---

Superstar
Daps
Yo, anyone posting this fraud gets an automatic neg! Hold that OP! Stop posting this clown on here!

Dont be posting this chatty patty ass around no more! Tha God is to blame for this, nonsense. A grown man talking about another grown man's money!

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn, usually all that "FLAMES! ETHER!" talk is gas but he really did tighten him up here. The effortless sonning and lil man'ing him was tuff, lol. You can't beef with a professional stand-up comedian, he's too quick witted with it, Budden will probably act like he didn't even see this.