Animal Kingdom official thread

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I marathoned the first 4 episodes over the weekend and ended up liking it a lot more than I thought I would.
Just waiting for somebody in that family to kill Pope though because dude is way out of bounds and is gonna get the whole crew busted.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
I can't get into it, but these positive opinions make me want to give it another try since there is nothing on tv right now. The first episode is some cac nonsense, it was trying too hard. Had to shut it off half way through. I get some incest vibe, especially with the mom and the brothers, wtf? :scust:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I can't get into it, but these positive opinions make me want to give it another try since there is nothing on tv right now. The first episode is some cac nonsense, it was trying too hard. Had to shut it off half way through. I get some incest vibe, especially with the mom and the brothers, wtf? :scust:
That is kinda explained in the other episodes. Its still gross but it makes a bit more sense.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
they aren't her real children... not all of them

but yea... she definitely let a few pound her out

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
The shows alright but the teenage lead is one of the worse leads for a show I've ever seen.

Every character on the show has a personality that you understand.
Even his fukking girlfriend except him.
He's a God awful actor.

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk. Watched the first 3 episodes then completely forgot about it.

Gonna catch up tonight before Mr. Robot.

:blessed:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I've been on it, I binged all 3 on 4th of July weekend, and have been watching weekly since......It's flawed, without a doubt. From the heavy handed opening credits, which are over the top, to some of the 'Pacific Blue' style directing, it's grating at times, but not enough so to overwhelm a compelling storyline, some really good acting, and am interesting, if weary premise. The crime family. They are a little more suburban, a little more urbane, then Sons Of Anarchy, with locales filmed in Oceanside, (I noticed my cities Coronado bridge filling in for the Tijuana border.

Sean Hatosy in his first role I know of since 'Southland' has a strong performance as a unstable, tightly wound, but emotive Pope, and Scott Speedman lends an affable, everyday guy type of charm to his manipulative default patriarch. The other two brothers aren't as well developed, though they have storylines to keep them separate. Jay isn't a good actor, or he isn't given much to work with, as his character bounces from one cliche to the next. Ellen Barkin has a incredibly salacious, sexual, unnerving performance, dripping in incest and animal print, she slinks through every episode in sex and menace. Great character. Also, supporting role from C. Thomas Howell, another Southland alum is great.

Yeah, it strain credibility at times. To think a federal task force hasn't rolled up these incredibly flashy, sloppy, unsophisticated criminals on a federal indictment is kind of laughable, as they parade around a relatively small town in obnoxious converted trucks, beating up civilians, and basically calling attention to themselves, in every manner, including raging pool parties featuring hookers, open drug use, and general bottom feeders who are no doubt aware of their criminal activities. The Tijuana scenes and characters aren't well done enough to please me, but few will care. The gay scenes are overdone, and shock value sex is a overkill.

I like the show, and I have faith it will continue to improve, esp with John Wells as a showrunner.

Marti

Tete status
Daps
Reppin
Reminds me of a white trash shameless gangsta type of show

I love it