any advice for DOMS

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
I've recently started going back to the gym after 14 years.

I'm :flabbynsick: as hell. I went four times last week and now I'm sore. Any tips for a breh.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
Keep going but do less intensity and pull up early.

Lots of walking.

If your’e running do less but still do it.

Climb stairs as an alternative to stuff early on.

Listen to body.

Get massages if you can afford it.

Warm down in the evenings.

After 8 months you’ll be bullet proof.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
low impact but high sweat cardio
workout again

This is the key.

Write out

• A goal you want every week.
  • A goal you want in 6 months
  • A goal you want in a year
Stair walking is great for starting out.

You’ll get fit quick if you do it more and more for 3 months.

It strengthens all the right stuff too. Can do it forwards, sideways, up:down and it doesn’t wreck your body early on.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
I've recently started going back to the gym after 14 years.

I'm :flabbynsick: as hell. I went four times last week and now I'm sore. Any tips for a breh.

Take Glutamine, stretch the muscles that is sore get fresh blood circulating in that area so it can repair, and get good amount of veggies, fruits, protein, vitamins, mineral's so your body can repair those muscles and keep working out damn the soreness

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Get enough sleep, eat well, don’t train as hard.

But since you’ve been out the game for 14 years you’ll be sore no matter what really. I’ll say take it slow and don’t go too hard.

stretching and foam rolling helps with soreness.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
There isn't much to be honest but going forward the way to eliminate them is to continue doing what you're doing.
Yup.

The body eventually gets stronger, but DOMS is basically your bodies inflammatory/lactic response to being weak.

The more you do it, the stronger and more efficient it gets at recovering.

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
Reminds me of the worst DOMS I ever had. I was off from work, and even though it was snowing, I didn't wanna miss leg day. I walked the seven blocks to Richie's Gym, murdered legs and did some light cardio after, then walked back home. I was fine once I got upstairs. The next day, I noticed the soreness in my quads and hams. Got dressed for work, left the apartment and got ready to walk down the stairs.... And almost fell cause my legs wasn't cooperating. Quickly did the math on trying to get down the stairs, walk to the train station, walk up the stairs twice, transfer, more stairs, more stairs. Hit the
200.gif
and turned around and went back inside. Not sure if it was the walking in sub-freezing weather, but I NEVER did that again lol