Any Firefighters here on the coli?

Bossyyyyy

All Star
Daps
Been speaking to local firefighters in my area, but I would like to get more first hand information if possible, particularly from those who look like me.

just something ive been considering

dajoker69

Pro
Daps
Firefighting is more than just spraying water on a fire. Firefighting is searching a building that is on fire for someone that may be trapped. It is a very physical and demanding job that goes from 0 to 100 in an instant. Depending on where you live, there could be days without an incident. Therefore the danger is greater because you must continue to hone you skills on your own and be self motivated. Firefighting also involves medical emergencies.
With turnouts and SCBA you looking at an extra 40 pounds easily. Turnouts are hot even in an air conditioned room. Imagine being in a building that is on fire.
Again the danger is underestimated by the general public. When you go into a smoke filled room at night and cant see anything and you loose contact with the wall you came in on and you get away from your hose you could die.
As long as you are mentally prepared, disciplined and in good physical condition you will be fine.

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
if there is a fire, they really will call you to get out of bed and put it out.
keep that in mind. :fire:
At 3AM I’m sound asleep at the station😴

I can be getting out bed for a fully involved apartment fire :whew:or

A grown adult man calling 911 for a toothache, stubbed toe, paper cut etc :francis: