Essential Any motorcycle riders here? (Official Motorcycle Thread)

BBG

Superstar
Daps
For me idk why liter bikes are a thing...unless u marc Marquez you'll be faster on mid spec.
On a track, sure. But on highways, red light take offs, I mean pretty much any real world application the 1000 is faster regardless of the rider. I don't know where you live but I'm in Chicago, not too many twisties to enjoy heavy leaning but there is Lake Shore Drive and plenty interstates to get the most of out of that liter.

I started on a middleweight (636)which was plenty fast for any rational human being but the people I rode with weren't rational and consistently smoked me on the highway every time. After 6 years of riding that and then 2 years of licking my wounds from damn near killing myself on the highway, I'm ready for the big daddy :dame:

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
Yea highway riding I guess there's no doubt.

Get the bmw in that case no question

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Got the CBR6 all done with the new fairings. Chinese joints with horrible fitment, good paint though. Had to breakout the drill bits, digital calipers, epoxy, and Amazon speed clips. US specs bikes didn't have grab handles behind the seats, fairings have a provision for it, gotta cover the holes.

IMG_3524.jpg

IMG_3526.jpg

IMG_3531.jpg

IMG_3535.jpg

IMG_3536.jpg

IMG_3537.jpg

• Dap
Reactions: BBG

BBG

Superstar
Daps
Got the CBR6 all done with the new fairings. Chinese joints with horrible fitment, good paint though. Had to breakout the drill bits, digital calipers, epoxy, and Amazon speed clips. US specs bikes didn't have grab handles behind the seats, fairings have a provision for it, gotta cover the holes.

IMG_3524.jpg

IMG_3526.jpg

IMG_3531.jpg

IMG_3535.jpg

IMG_3536.jpg

IMG_3537.jpg
Pretty dope. You bought it with the digital instrument cluster or did you install that yourself? Either way it looks clean, like the lil brother of my boy's CBR1000.

Also, yeah aftermarket fairings are a pain in the ass to install, I learned that with my ZX-6R. But they're so cheap and come out still looking nice so it's still really good value.

I took a few pics of my S1K but it's been raining all afternoon so I still haven't had a chance to get a video yet.

20240511-162549.jpg

20240511-162555.jpg

20240511-162634.jpg

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Pretty dope. You bought it with the digital instrument cluster or did you install that yourself? Either way it looks clean, like the lil brother of my boy's CBR1000.

Also, yeah aftermarket fairings are a pain in the ass to install, I learned that with my ZX-6R. But they're so cheap and come out still looking nice so it's still really good value.

I took a few pics of my S1K but it's been raining all afternoon so I still haven't had a chance to get a video yet.

20240511-162549.jpg

20240511-162555.jpg

20240511-162634.jpg

Thanks, the bike came with OEM analog gauges, I bought that digital one from Koso, my 3rd one from them. Pretty easy to wire up, only 8-9 wires needed for my setup.

Yea can't beat the price of the aftermarket fairings, cost $400 and 20-30 days shipping time. Change the whole look of the bike too.

Nice BMW, love that red and the new front end. Them bikes have been the game changer ever since the 1st one came out. Made the Japanese manufacturers go back to the drawing board. I remember back in 2015 at MotoGP Indy, guys were pulling 200hp on them on the dyno.

• Dap
Reactions: BBG

BBG

Superstar
Daps
Thanks, the bike came with OEM analog gauges, I bought that digital one from Koso, my 3rd one from them. Pretty easy to wire up, only 8-9 wires needed for my setup.

Yea can't beat the price of the aftermarket fairings, cost $400 and 20-30 days shipping time. Change the whole look of the bike too.

Nice BMW, love that red and the new front end. Them bikes have been the game changer ever since the 1st one came out. Made the Japanese manufacturers go back to the drawing board. I remember back in 2015 at MotoGP Indy, guys were pulling 200hp on them on the dyno.
Hell yeah man, this bike cost over twice as much as my zx but it's worth every penny. There's a manufacturer's rev limiter on the bike until first service so I can't go over 9000 RPMs and I was still killing my lil brothers C7 Corvette. I can't wait to put 600 miles on it so I can get it serviced and then really open it up.

Not to mention the daily driver comfort features like heated grips, gas gauge, Bluetooth for nav and music. I used to have a mount for my phone on my old bike but you can do everything from the screen now it's hella convenient. There's cruise control too but what kinda weirdo uses cruise control on a super bike :heh:European bikes are known for reliability issues tho so I'm praying they've gotten better since launch in that regard

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Hell yeah man, this bike cost over twice as much as my zx but it's worth every penny. There's a manufacturer's rev limiter on the bike until first service so I can't go over 9000 RPMs and I was still killing my lil brothers C7 Corvette. I can't wait to put 600 miles on it so I can get it serviced and then really open it up.

Not to mention the daily driver comfort features like heated grips, gas gauge, Bluetooth for nav and music. I used to have a mount for my phone on my old bike but you can do everything from the screen now it's hella convenient. There's cruise control too but what kinda weirdo uses cruise control on a super bike :heh:European bikes are known for reliability issues tho so I'm praying they've gotten better since launch in that regard

They literally are coming with everything nowadays. Friend has a ‘21 or ‘22 model S1K, his 2nd one, never has anything bad to say about them.

I still want an Aprilia RSV4, Italian reliability scares me tho, especially since I’ve had nothing but Honda’s.