Anybody else feel like PAC's The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory album has aged the best out of all of his albums?

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
I think PAC's statement album or where he found his voice is Me Against The World but as I listen back to The Don Killuminati album tonight for the first time, in a long time, I'm reminded how well the album's production has aged. Crazy how the production was coming from a collective of producers who were deemed "wack" or lower tier producers of the label.

But for example, when i Listen to songs like these songs, they still sound light years ahead of the future

The way QDIII flipped that sample of PRINCE's song "Do Me Baby" was genius, cause it doesn't even sound like he sampled it until you really zone out and listen to it

Been a minute since i read through the making of the album from XXL's segment on it years ago. I remember buying this issue when it came out too.

xxl3.jpg

xxl4.jpg

xxl5.jpg

xxl6.jpg

xxl7.jpg

xxl8.jpg

xxl10.jpg

xxl11.jpg

TheMailMan

All Star
Daps
Dope album but you picked some of the worst songs on it lol. I think MATW is probably the pick. Thug life still sounds good. Anything prior to that you can kinda tell the era it was made in. . Just my 2 cents

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
Dope album but you picked some of the worst songs on it lol. I think MATW is probably the pick. Thug life still sounds good. Anything prior to that you can kinda tell the era it was made in. . Just my 2 cents

that's YOUR opinion

i picked those songs because they're great examples to ME of what im talking about. it's the live instrumentation on these songs that make them still sound so new.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
Death Row had a great team of producers. Probably better than Bad Boy but that could be it’s own poll thread
At one point Suge had DJ Quik and Daz within arm’s reach

imagine if they tapped DJ Quik for that project instead? would’ve been something entirely different

Manolo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
First time hearing this :lupe:
This is from the original 7 Day Theory that he completed right before he died. It has a slightly different tracklist:

1. Bomb 1st
2. Hail Mary
3. Krazy
4. Watch Ya Mouth
5. To Live & Die In LA
6. Friends
7. Blasphemy
8. Hold Ya Head
9. Lost Souls
10. White Man’z World
11. nikkaz Nature
12. Against All Odds
13. When Thugz Cry

They changed the White Man’z World beat and took a few songs off after he passed, I think it had to do with sample clearances