Anybody here that was a huge procrastinator and achieved super focus? How did you do it?

bigmac

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
South London
Meditation helps. shyt really makes you appreciate the moment a whole lot more. Before I started meditating, i never really appreciated how important presence really is. If you're looking for an entry point. Meditation is definitely a good place to start.

Last edited:

Lazy Migrant

Migrated
Supporter
Daps
Meditation helps. shyt really makes you appreciate the moment a l
whole lot more. Before I started meditating, i never really appreciated how important presence really is. If you're looking for an entry point. Meditation is definitely a good place to start.

Its hard for me to meditate. Some issues I run into are: I feel physically uncomfortable, racing thoughts, and how do you know when its working and/or when to stop?

I know Im not good at meditating but how do I get better? Hoe will I start to know I got better?

EDIT: grammar n shyt

Last edited:

Sister Mary Clarence

I pronounce us ready to eat. Amen.
Daps
Reppin
Saint Katherine's Convent
Read this book.

"The War of Art".

It talks about the resistance we make for ourselves when we don't sit down to do work (music, art, business, anything we set our minds to but can't keep up with). It is very helpful in understanding exactly why we put shyt off.

It's a quick read, the chapters are like a page each.

"A succinct, engaging, and practical guide for succeeding in any creative sphere, The War of Art is nothing less than Sun-Tzu for the soul. hat keeps so many of us from doing what we long to do? Why is there a naysayer within? How can we avoid the roadblocks of any creative endeavor—be it starting up a dream business venture, writing a novel, or painting a masterpiece? Bestselling novelist Steven Pressfield identif ies the enemy that every one of us must face, outlines a battle plan to conquer this internal foe, then pinpoints just how to achieve the greatest success. The War of Art emphasizes the resolve needed to recognize and overcome the obstacles of ambition and then effectively shows how to reach the highest level of creative discipline. Think of it as tough love . . . for yourself. Whether an artist, writer or business person, this simple, personal, and no-nonsense book will inspire you to seize the potential of your life."

Excerpts:
image.jpg

becwW3T.jpg

Sister Mary Clarence

I pronounce us ready to eat. Amen.
Daps
Reppin
Saint Katherine's Convent
I've tried hard for me to meditate. Some issues run into are: I feel physically uncomfortable, thoughts, and how do you know when its working and/or when to stop?

What Im trying to say is I know Im not good at meditating but how do I get better? Hoe will I start to know I got better?

Read this free Amazon kindle book that takes literally 5 minutes to finish. I have the same problems (ouch this hurts, why am I thinking about Nelly? etc)

It helps with alot of these fears/questions.

"Buddha in Blue Jeans: An Extremely Short Zen Guide to Sitting Quietly and Being Buddha"

.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
Read this free Amazon kindle book that takes literally 5 minutes to finish. I have the same problems (ouch this hurts, why am I thinking about Nelly? etc)

It helps with alot of these fears/questions.

"Buddha in Blue Jeans: An Extremely Short Zen Guide to Sitting Quietly and Being Buddha"

Read this book.

"The War of Art".

It talks about the resistance we make for ourselves when we don't sit down to do work (music, art, business, anything we set our minds to but can't keep up with). It is very helpful in understanding exactly why we put shyt off.

It's a quick read, the chapters are like a page each.

"A succinct, engaging, and practical guide for succeeding in any creative sphere, The War of Art is nothing less than Sun-Tzu for the soul. hat keeps so many of us from doing what we long to do? Why is there a naysayer within? How can we avoid the roadblocks of any creative endeavor—be it starting up a dream business venture, writing a novel, or painting a masterpiece? Bestselling novelist Steven Pressfield identif ies the enemy that every one of us must face, outlines a battle plan to conquer this internal foe, then pinpoints just how to achieve the greatest success. The War of Art emphasizes the resolve needed to recognize and overcome the obstacles of ambition and then effectively shows how to reach the highest level of creative discipline. Think of it as tough love . . . for yourself. Whether an artist, writer or business person, this simple, personal, and no-nonsense book will inspire you to seize the potential of your life."

Excerpts:
image.jpg

becwW3T.jpg

thank you