Anyone concerned about the profit motivation for Mayweather to take a dive?

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
its a dirty world and I can't help but be skeptical - why is nobody else at least a little bit concerned

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
If he wasn't 49-0, say 48-1, I would consider it as a possibility, but winning and becoming 50-0 would be iconic, in my opinion, and too good to pass up.
I don't think Mayweather is the type that values numbers numerically or centimentally -he would have the connections to profit on the bets if he took that dive and it would be a huge payout

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think Mayweather is the type that values numbers numerically or centimentally -he would have the connections to profit on the bets if he took that dive and it would be a huge payout

How will you call yourself tbe if you lose to an MMA fighter?

Who would want to see a rematch if he lost? Especially because, Conner would catapult Goat status athlete and could easily say if you want a rematch get in the cage.

If he really wanted a rematch he would keep it close and not completely wash Conner so fans could say what if, and then destroy him in rematch ala Maidana.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Nah, Floyd's going to secure the bag, and get this dude outta there as quick as possible. He's not going to play games with the Irishman.

God don't make mistakes. God only made one thing perfect, and that's my boxing record

When he said that, I knew what time it was. He ain't throwing shyt but lead rights breh.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
How will you call yourself tbe if you lose to an MMA fighter?

Who would want to see a rematch if he lost? Especially because, Conner would catapult Goat status athlete and could easily say if you want a rematch get in the cage.

If he really wanted a rematch he would keep it close and not completely wash Conner so fans could say what if, and then destroy him in rematch ala Maidana.
You doN't want to suggest that Mayweather intentionally fought a close fight with Maidana first do you? :comeon:
Also he didn't destroy Maidana on the rematch but beat him in a 117-111/118-112 fashion a'la usual Mayweather win.
Rematches usually favor the smart technicians not the powerhouses, technicians might take a little time to figure out more awkward opponents but after that it's usually a wash. This happened on Maidana vs Mayweather I and continued in Mayweather vs Maidana II where Mayweather didn't need rounds to pick up on Maidana cause he already knew him.
Also Mayweather fought differently on the rematch with lots of movement as opposed to the first fight so he also changed his strategy

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You doN't want to suggest that Mayweather intentionally fought a close fight with Maidana first do you? :comeon:
Also he didn't destroy Maidana on the rematch but beat him in a 117-111/118-112 fashion a'la usual Mayweather win.
Rematches usually favor the smart technicians not the powerhouses, technicians might take a little time to figure out more awkward opponents but after that it's usually a wash. This happened on Maidana vs Mayweather I and continued in Mayweather vs Maidana II where Mayweather didn't need rounds to pick up on Maidana cause he already knew him.
Also Mayweather fought differently on the rematch with lots of movement as opposed to the first fight so he also changed his strategy

I meant more of the outcome. The first fight was closer and gave more casual fans hope that he could win a rematch. The second fight was clear who won and was the superior boxer.