Anyone concerned about the profit motivation for Mayweather to take a dive?

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
If it was two white guys yes, the alphabet boys not letting a black man take a dive for a billion dollars.

KingOFKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can't do no dives in 2017. This isn't the 1960s.

There is lierally a camera in every angle imaginable.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
No need for him to take a dive honestly. He is guaranteed to get at least $20 million a fight I feel, even if it's a jobber like Berto. If he is pressed for money after this light work fight then I think he would just fight Broner or maybe someone at a severe disadvantage weight wise (drained or moving way up). I think Mayweather can string along PBC jobbers for the next 5 years easy with the occasional "tough" fight like maybe a Danny Garcia bout or something where he would make another easy $100+ million

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
No need for him to take a dive honestly. He is guaranteed to get at least $20 million a fight I feel, even if it's a jobber like Berto. If he is pressed for money after this light work fight then I think he would just fight Broner or maybe someone at a severe disadvantage weight wise (drained or moving way up). I think Mayweather can string along PBC jobbers for the next 5 years easy with the occasional "tough" fight like maybe a Danny Garcia bout or something where he would make another easy $100+ million
He was guaranteed $32 million a fight on his Showtime contract. As far as I know the Berto or Pacquiao fight was his last on his contract so he would either have to do a fight by fight basis or negotiate a new contract.

Danny Garcia wouldn't net Floyd $100 million. It wouldn't do great numbers. Same with anyone at 140 or 147. Only fights Floyd could make $100+ million with would be Canelo, Pacquiao, and the McGregor fight. Maybe GGG if he were to beat Canelo, but $100 million is a big PPV purse and numbers are hard to achieve outside a few guys, so I still think doubtful with that fight.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
He was guaranteed $32 million a fight on his Showtime contract. As far as I know the Berto or Pacquiao fight was his last on his contract so he would either have to do a fight by fight basis or negotiate a new contract.

Danny Garcia wouldn't net Floyd $100 million. It wouldn't do great numbers. Same with anyone at 140 or 147. Only fights Floyd could make $100+ million with would be Canelo, Pacquiao, and the McGregor fight. Maybe GGG if he were to beat Canelo, but $100 million is a big PPV purse and numbers are hard to achieve outside a few guys, so I still think doubtful with that fight.

Do you think Mayweather vs Garcia would do 1.5 million buys after Garcia has 1-2 tune up wins under his belt? Cause I think it would.
Mayweather fought Cotto for 1.5 mil buys and basically got $100mil.
I think Mayweather could earn $100 mil fighting Broner, Garcia, Thurman or Spence