Anyone else like the "California Love" remix more than the popular version?

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
that baseline :ohlawd:

Im a Pac stan, the OG version I love...but kinda got played out

the remix though I bump savagely to this day,

Roger for that last minute...

:to:

Talking bout an earthquake on the Richter scale......mummmhmammamamamamamam city of Compton, city of Compton where the girls shake their bootays, shake it mama. Shake, shake it baby; shake shake it baby.

COMPUTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRARGH

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just by the responses this has low key turned into a sideways east coast hate thread. It was even said by Pac that the original version was the east coast version and the remix is the west coast version,

The original beat was used by EPMD and its very well known that Dre was fukking with EPMD heavy so he knew what he was doing when he chose that beat. But on the flip side it made sense being that E doubles music was funkadelic before the G Funk era even began.

Farrinto

Who's the best MCs? Biggie, Jay-Z, and Nas
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Just by the responses this has low key turned into a sideways east coast hate thread. It was even said by Pac that the original version was the east coast version and the remix is the west coast version,

That wasn't intended and I never knew Pac said that. I just liked the remix better, but EC hip-hop is GOAT.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That wasn't intended and I never knew Pac said that. I just liked the remix better, but EC hip-hop is GOAT.

Naa...I know there was no intention of east coast hate I can see why there would be more of a gravitation towards the remix from Pac fans being that Pac was so associated with the west and that original beat to California Love is east coast-ish. An east coast sounding beat on a song about Cali is contradictory.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Ive spent countless coli posts defending Pac, you dont need to school me on my its ok to listen to music from other era's im just telling you nikkas that ive never heard the song, it aint this serious.

It's not about that. You tried to make it generational and claim that many people from your generation/age group didn't listen to old Pac albums all the way through which wasn't true.

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
It's not about that. You tried to make it generational and claim that many people from your generation/age group didn't listen to old Pac albums all the way through which wasn't true.
Naw bruh you just enjoy petty arguments, I was 5 when All Eyez On Me came out. Most cats my age are not sitting down listening to every classic album from 90's. This is internet where everyone acts knowledgeable about everything, I dont have the need to put on that facade.

edit: I might youtube binge classic music but I aint gonna front like ive memorized every track. If I heard the remix I must have turned it off instantly because the beat is dated as fukk, the OG version is timeless and still gets radio play to this day.

Last edited: