Anyone have to take care of their elderly?

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
lyfe really shoulda came with an instruction book
We like to mock white people for this, but they were 100% correct when they invented the nursing home .

I've seen so many grown men and women lose all faith, love, and patience for their parents when they dropped a turd on the carpet and needed to be changed.there are Some things children should not see from their parents

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
We like to mock white people for this, but they were 100% correct when they invented the nursing home .

I've seen so many grown men and women lose all faith, love, and patience for their parents when they dropped a turd on the carpet and needed to be changed.there are Some things children should not see from their parents

hear you; but these nursing homes look like they cost a LOT. u never know about the staff either :snoop:

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
hear you; but these nursing homes look like they cost a LOT. u never know about the staff either :snoop:

I can help, but you'd have to describe what assets he/she currently has. These would describe the legal restrictions to having biden pay for it. And have you separated his/her assets(home,retirement, vehicles, life insurance , etc) apart from the rest of the family's assets yet? Also is it a single parent , or both?

very few white people are paying out of pocket for senior care. It requires a modest amount of shrewd estate planning and financial literacy, But there are ways around the system so that Medicare will pay for his/her 8k per month nursing home care, without you paying a dime.

Ideally, the only cost incurred to you would be the consultation and paperwork from a local estate lawyer

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I can help, but you'd have to describe what assets he/she currently has. These would describe the legal restrictions to having biden pay for it. And have you separated his/her assets(home,retirement, vehicles, life insurance , etc) apart from the rest of the family's assets yet? Also is it a single parent , or both?

very few white people are paying out of pocket for senior care. It requires a modest amount of shrewd estate planning and financial literacy, But there are ways around the system so that Medicare will pay for his/her 8k per month nursing home care, without you paying a dime.

Ideally, the only cost incurred to you would be the consultation and paperwork from a local estate lawyer

Wifeys parents. They both old old but when 1 goes the other won't be able to operate independently. We've been burying her uncles/aunts all year :mjcry:

They're financially a mess. Her siblings aint shyt either. Nobody is white(not sure how that matters; but it dont apply either way). Im scared we might end up acquiring their debts :damn:

Medicare options for this?

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Wifeys parents. They both old old but when 1 goes the other won't be able to operate independently. We've been burying her uncles/aunts all year :mjcry:

They're financially a mess. Her siblings aint shyt either. Nobody is white(not sure how that matters; but it dont apply either way). Im scared we might end up acquiring their debts :damn:

Medicare options for this?
That's not bad. It's actually a favorable status.

And No, you won't acquire their debts as long as you haven't done any sloppy asset transfers from her parents to yourself. Also, no large gifts from them to you either.

3.questions will determine Medicare coverage for their situation.

* are they still married?

* Do they own their home? Or is it mortgaged?

*how much assistance do they they need?
For example, do they need 24/7 care for cognitive decline, or only care during waking hours care for concerns like fall prevention, or do they only need care for a few hours a day while you and your wife aren't present?

Last edited:

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps

Weak. Within reason always care for your elders, they would do same for you. Not one person in my family, extended or otherwise, has ever been to a nursing home, it's degrading. Of course the other side of that is they have to take care of their body and eat right so they don't put you in that position.

Let cacs abuse your grandparents brehs.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Weak. Within reason always care for your elders, they would do same for you. Not one person in my family, extended or otherwise, has ever been to a nursing home, it's degrading. Of course the other side of that is they have to take care of their body and eat right so they don't put you in that position.

Let cacs abuse your grandparents brehs.
Keep in mind that you haven't offered the breh above us any concrete advice or prices for the care you are talking about.

Daps

Nursing homes simply don't do the best job taking care of people. Man they put my family through so much hell during my granddad final years... my granddad got injured several times from their neglect. I will always regret that my family wasn't capable of taking care of him. The Nursing home was so terrible that we sued and won. You don't want to put your family in one of them hellholes unless you just don't have any other choice. It's insane how they treated my grandfather.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
I'd rather nurse them at home professionally than dump them in a old age home where they'll be abused by impatient angry evil staff..

My brother actually shared an article about Parenting Your Parents recently.

I'll never lose patience because they certainly didnt lose patience with me as a child.. homes are for cacs and evil Blacks.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Nursing homes simply don't do the best job taking care of people. Man they put my family through so much hell during my granddad final years... my granddad got injured several times from their neglect. I will always regret that my family wasn't capable of taking care of him. The Nursing home was so terrible that we sued and won. You don't want to put your family in one of them hellholes unless you just don't have any other choice. It's insane how they treated my grandfather.
Sorry that occured to you breh. Must have been a truly frustrating experience. :mjcry:

I would like to reply further, but I worry that you would not be receptive to further dialogue due to the impact of that personal experience. Would you be open to further dialogue, or would you prefer to let it be?

Daps
Sorry that occured to you breh. Must have been a truly frustrating experience. :mjcry:

I would like to reply further, but I worry that you would not be receptive to further dialogue due to the impact of that personal experience. Would you be open to further dialogue, or would you prefer to let it be?

I would prefer to leave it alone. I was simply sharing my experience to say that there's 2 sides to every story and while I get what you're saying, in hindsight we would have been better TRYING to take care of my granddad at home than leaving him to "professionals".

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
That depends on so many factors...

If it just you and your wife, depending on work schedules and outside factors(kids etc), it's gonna be rough..

Maybe you can get a home health aide or something...

With these nursing homes, you gotta show up with the "ignorant" side of the family and establish "position"..

They don't want "nikka" problems lol

When they realize you gonna be a constant presence, they tend to pay extra attention to those patients..

But that is a last resort hopefully

TeenyTurner

Rookie
Daps
I really don't know where to begin, but I'm currently taking care of my 85 year old grandmother. In October 2021 my grandfather, her husband, was diagnosed with early onset dementia and other medical issues and was hospitalized. After he was released from the hospital he had to go to "rehabilitation." Which is just a nursing home. In December my grandmother had to go too. They were placed in the same room. Their social security and medical insurance was used to pay for their stay. It was an awful experience for everyone. If anyone cares 1 iota about their loved ones they'd never let them stay in a home. On February 1, 2022 my grandmother was left unattended in the bathroom. She fell and hit her head and was unconscious. They performed CPR and broke 13 of her ribs and she was rushed to ICU. During all of the commotion in the room they told my grandfather that she died. He went catatonic and was sent to the hospital and never recovered. He died February 4. That's just the end of it all. Those 4 months were hell.