Anyone have to take care of their elderly?

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
That's not bad. It's actually a favorable status.

And No, you won't acquire their debts as long as you haven't done any sloppy asset transfers from her parents to yourself. Also, no large gifts from them to you either.

3.questions will determine Medicare coverage for their situation.

* are they still married?

* Do they own their home? Or is it mortgaged?

*how much assistance do they they need?
For example, do they need 24/7 care for cognitive decline, or only care during waking hours care for concerns like fall prevention, or do they only need care for a few hours a day while you and your wife aren't present?

:whew:
nah they did a reverse mortgage a while back without telling anyone...still married...they healthy for their age

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I really don't know where to begin, but I'm currently taking care of my 85 year old grandmother. In October 2021 my grandfather, her husband, was diagnosed with early onset dementia and other medical issues and was hospitalized. After he was released from the hospital he had to go to "rehabilitation." Which is just a nursing home. In December my grandmother had to go too. They were placed in the same room. Their social security and medical insurance was used to pay for their stay. It was an awful experience for everyone. If anyone cares 1 iota about their loved ones they'd never let them stay in a home. On February 1, 2022 my grandmother was left unattended in the bathroom. She fell and hit her head and was unconscious. They performed CPR and broke 13 of her ribs and she was rushed to ICU. During all of the commotion in the room they told my grandfather that she died. He went catatonic and was sent to the hospital and never recovered. He died February 4. That's just the end of it all. Those 4 months were hell.

damn RIP....yea idk how I feel about the nursing home shyt.....but I don't really have room in the crib to accommodate....If material wasn't so expensive and I had more fukk off bread id build like a BS apartment and attach it on my crib but I know thatd cost a fortune