Anyone here ever have a concussion before?

M617

retired
Supporter
Daps
Its been exactly 3 months since i got mine. im getting better but can still feel some post concussion syndrome

im probably looking at another 1-3 months to get back to normal

they say it can take 3-6 months and IT SUCKS

someone who has went through this let me know it gets better

Daps
it depends how bad your concussion was?

i've had around 7-8. one of them i had to take a whole semester off studying and sport. shiit fukked me up. the biggest problems i had were short-term memory loss and being constantly lethargic and slept the majority of the day.

M617

retired
Supporter
Daps
it depends how bad your concussion was?

i've had around 7-8. one of them i had to take a whole semester off studying and sport. shiit fukked me up. the biggest problems i had were short-term memory loss and being constantly lethargic and slept the majority of the day.

i fell and hit the back left part of my head and had a huge egg. doctors said it was a significant concussion. i didnt have any interior damage from the CT scan but for the last 3 months ive been:

-short term memory loss as well.
-dizzy
-fatigued
-anxious
-vision has been flashy
-balance has been off
-just a mental fog

im getting better but if i hit the weights hard like today my symptoms come back even if i felt good

how long did it take until you felt normal and 100% agian? its honestly the worst thing ever. it takes your whole body out. id rather break both my legs than have a serious concussion it that bad

Daps
my problem was i jumped right back into things (4 months later) and got another concussion.

:deadrose:

i think the key though is to stimulate your brain progressively, and dont fall victim to getting into a pattern of sleeping during the day and push through the mental barriers of being tired... it works. but dont overexert yourself. same goes for your balance, do things that will improve your balance/coordination.

but you may never be 'normal' again as it is a mental thing. i still feel symptoms to this day. its just i don't notice it as much and push through.

RugbyMan

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Have had at least 3 of them. 1 in high school. 2 in college. I was stubborn and didn't let the fogginess fully heal before I got back to my regular activities. I took the little "concussion test" and passed, so they said I was good to go.

But you've basically bruised your brain, and it'll take time to heal. Some people can be a week, some may take over a year. Just try to do little things to keep your mind sharp and chill out if you start feeling dizzy.

MorePower

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I had one in high school playing and one in college while playing football. Both times I was back at practice by Tuesday started the next week's game.

They're a trip though. The one in college they got pics of me cheesing hard :lolbron: on the sidelines and I never smile for photos. I don't even remember that game except for kickoff. When you do "wake up" from a concussion that has to be the weirdest feeling in the world, like "where am I and what the fukk has been going on?":what:

Hang in there man.

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans via NYC
i fell and hit the back left part of my head and had a huge egg. doctors said it was a significant concussion. i didnt have any interior damage from the CT scan but for the last 3 months ive been:

-short term memory loss as well.
-dizzy
-fatigued
-anxious
-vision has been flashy
-balance has been off
-just a mental fog

im getting better but if i hit the weights hard like today my symptoms come back even if i felt good

how long did it take until you felt normal and 100% agian? its honestly the worst thing ever. it takes your whole body out. id rather break both my legs than have a serious concussion it that bad

Word i got hit by an MTA bus in the head. shyt fukked up me i had all the symptoms. I took a month off the gym and failed all my exams shyt was whack had me like :deadrose:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have had 3. 2 from IED's and 1 from a training exercise in 2006 at JRTC. You will be alright. I don't even think about them too much. I do have headaches but that could just be getting older. I have 2 mild TBI's and am being monitored once a month I go do some brain exams and see a doc.

I am lazy and don't like to be around alot of people to be honest and irritable but I belive that's unrelated.

Daps
Reppin
401 Prov City
ive had 4... all from hockey... the 2nd one was the worst.... i threw up alot... was constantly dizzy and nauseaus and i still get headaches... after i got the 4th one i had to quit becuz i dont wana risk being a vegetable