Anyone On Here Qualified To Talk About Generic Medicine?

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Check my last reply....if you really want just go back to your doctor and ask for brand only on the prescription. Just be ready for no pharmacies to have the brand and if they do have it be ready to pay an arm and leg for it. Your insurance damn sure not gonna pay for it :yeshrug:
Bruh you know much this shyt was on the streets? :heh:

I ain't tripping off that

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Bruh you know much this shyt was on the streets? :heh:

I ain't tripping off that
Only thing i will say is i noticed thy gave you the extended release formulation. You probably had the full dosage form on the one you had before? Extended release is gonna give you a low dose throughout the day as opposed to all at once.

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
Is the dose the same? I've never heard of brand adderall and methamphetamine salts producing that much of a different effect.

There's always been speculation with physicians about the stated dosage between generics and brand name drugs...it's a known secret that some of the generic drug makers cut corners with dosage (i.e. 7.5 mg listed dosage really being 5 mg or the drug not actually being a time release (Adderall XR) and acting more like an instant release (Adderall) or vice versa. They gotta keep costs in check somehow, I usually try to prescribe brand names in the first place anyway.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
There's always been speculation with physicians about the stated dosage between generics and brand name drugs...it's a known secret that some of the generic drug makers cut corners with dosage (i.e. 7.5 mg listed dosage really being 5 mg or the drug not actually being a time release (Adderall XR) and acting more like an instant release (Adderall) or vice versa. They gotta keep costs in check somehow, I usually try to prescribe brand names in the first place anyway.

Sounds possible indeed.

You a MD? What state you in? Just because you write the brand, doesnt mean it has to be filled as brand...unless you specify that BRAND NECESSARY on the prescription. A lot of these doctors dont know the generic so they just write the brand :mjlol: But even then fukkboy insurance companies gonna make my life difficult trying to get them to pay for them shyts :heh:

Prior authorizations are the worst.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Only thing i will say is i noticed thy gave you the extended release formulation. You probably had the full dosage form on the one you had before? Extended release is gonna give you a low dose throughout the day as opposed to all at once.
Nope, same type i had before

Jparker

Innocence lost in the EAST
Daps
Reppin
Durham,NC
Same mg, different brands

One they gave me yesterday:

D-Amphetamine Salt Com XR20MG Caps
I just looked it up and adderall has more components in its compound. But since and I hope... you're taking it for add or adhd they normally don't add anything extra in generic drugs reason being cost and less things things they would have to get approved from the fda. It's doing its job just without the extra stuff mixed in. But if you feel bad or dont like it switch perscriptions :yeshrug:

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
Generic allergy medicine works great, way cheaper too, and just as good as nyquil for sleeping

I've heard some shyt about adhd medicine tho, mine is name brand so can't really say much from personal experience

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
Im not tryna be in crackhead mode breh :heh:

20mg is good enough to get me up energized & social. That's all i need

Word, 10mg concerta works just fine, I do need to up it a lil, but I'm bout to switch back to vyvanse soon works way better for me