Anyone Seen Django?

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I'd be going today but I'm sick. I find it hilarious that somehow, a movie about a black dude killing a bunch of white people is alienating the black audience and white people are the ones who want to see it. Movie came out today and this is like the first thread about it.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Just came back from seeing it.

Will be going to see it again this weekend.

Movie of the Year...

fukk spike lee

Samuel L. Jackson :krs:
Yeah. I'm just waiting for word of mouth to spread about how great of a movie it is which will halt the nonsense racism overreactions (coming from people who haven't seen the movie) and then everyone is going to see it anyway, except only the most hard headed people, who will probably torrent it and watch it for free.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Yeah. I'm just waiting for word of mouth to spread about how great of a movie it is which will halt the nonsense racism overreactions (coming from people who haven't seen the movie) and then everyone is going to see it anyway, except only the most hard headed people, who will probably torrent it and watch it for free.

they do say ****** a lot but I never felt like it was overly done. they wasn't saying it just to say it. the story and the acting made you look past it. it was a necessary evil to properly portray the period. Again, the story and the acting was :ohmy:

It didn't exploit slavery neither. no c00ning and bafooning like spike lee assumed.

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN

:yeshrug::manny::blessed:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
what? Argh shyt..I guess they left all his bits in man/iron fists flashback.

as far as speaking roles after Foxx, the only black people that got the most screen time was jackson and washington as far as speaking. If he was in it, it would've been briefly to the point where I didn't notice him.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
black people paying money to see cacs say ****** 100 times all for entertainment

minstrel show at its finest