Anyone Seen Django?

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I just came back from seeing it.

- I had no problem with hearing nikka so much. In fact, I'd be more offended if they left it out altogether. The only one saying ****** that made me slightly uncomfortable was Leo. He sounded like he's been saying it all his life, it sounded too natural. He sounded like he'd been walking around set yelling "Get these off-brand nikkas out my trailer, please."

- Samuel L was worth the price of admission alone. fukk the Oscars; they need to hand him the NAACP Image award for that shyt. That c00nin' was hot fiya, top-of-the-line greatness.

- Jamie was Jamie. Outside of Ray, he's been the Fabulous of actors. He'll be fine as long as you give him something good to work with. He's not gonna ever blow you away. Waltz and Washington (with that lip quivering hot sauce) were great too, but DiCaprio and SLJ stole every scene they were in.

- There were two slave scenes in particular that made me squirm in my seat a bit.

- The fight scene at the Mandingo Club and the dogs ripping the runaway slave apart. Also, Kerry getting splashed with water and getting branded was tough to watch, but that was only a split second flashback.

- Dr. Schultz (Waltz) had a little bit of "oh benevolent white man" going on pertaining to his attitudes (and related actions) towards slavery, but it's established that he's German, and Germans were always anti-slavery long before the Civil War.

- There was never a dull moment in the film.

- A few things I gotta mention in spoilers

- Tarantino should've hired someone else to play his small role. He was terrible, and his accent wasn't laughingly bad. It was just bad.

- I had no problem with the plan Django came up with, or the fact that the Australian bandits actually agreed to help Django, or the fact that actually took off his chains. But to hand the nikka a gun AND some fukking dynamite? After you've walked this nikka in the Texan Sun for hours in chains? C'mon bruh.

- Some white folks were talking afterwards about how much they loved the movie, until Django had to kill Candie's sister. They couldn't stop complaining about it. Had me giggling.

I liked this movie more than Basterds or the Kill Bill flicks. 9/10. I don't know if it'll be my movie of the year until I see Zero Dark Thirty and Argo.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Oh, one more thing. The music was generally on point, except for the use of that Rick Ross song and another song I can't think of. But when that John Legend song hits, goddamn was that shyt over-the-top.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I'd be going today but I'm sick. I find it hilarious that somehow, a movie about a black dude killing a bunch of white people is alienating the black audience and white people are the ones who want to see it. Movie came out today and this is like the first thread about it.

I would say it is a minority of black folks who are being alienated... Just like there is a minority of white folks who think this film is a kill whitey film and supports an anti white agenda...

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I would say it is a minority of black folks who are being alienated... Just like there is a minority of white folks who think this film is a kill whitey film and supports an anti white agenda...
I guess I'm basing my assumption on the general reaction on this forum and lack of interest.. This is a QT movie and there wasn't a thread until the day the movie came out and there are hardly any posts in this thread. I haven't heard any white people say that... How can a white director have an anti-white agenda?

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Need to go see this.......can someone rank this compared to other QT movies....obviously it can't better then the gawd pulp fiction

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Need to go see this.......can someone rank this compared to other QT movies....obviously it can't better then the gawd pulp fiction

Best QT flick since Jackie Brown. Mind you, I'm a bigger Jackie Brown than most. It's a classic (Pulp's a classic too) to me, mostly because of the music.

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
I just came back from seeing it.

- I had no problem with hearing nikka so much. In fact, I'd be more offended if they left it out altogether. The only one saying ****** that made me slightly uncomfortable was Leo. He sounded like he's been saying it all his life, it sounded too natural. He sounded like he'd been walking around set yelling "Get these off-brand nikkas out my trailer, please."

- Samuel L was worth the price of admission alone. fukk the Oscars; they need to hand him the NAACP Image award for that shyt. That c00nin' was hot fiya, top-of-the-line greatness.

- Jamie was Jamie. Outside of Ray, he's been the Fabulous of actors. He'll be fine as long as you give him something good to work with. He's not gonna ever blow you away. Waltz and Washington (with that lip quivering hot sauce) were great too, but DiCaprio and SLJ stole every scene they were in.

- There were two slave scenes in particular that made me squirm in my seat a bit.

- The fight scene at the Mandingo Club and the dogs ripping the runaway slave apart. Also, Kerry getting splashed with water and getting branded was tough to watch, but that was only a split second flashback.

- Dr. Schultz (Waltz) had a little bit of "oh benevolent white man" going on pertaining to his attitudes (and related actions) towards slavery, but it's established that he's German, and Germans were always anti-slavery long before the Civil War.

- There was never a dull moment in the film.

- A few things I gotta mention in spoilers

- Tarantino should've hired someone else to play his small role. He was terrible, and his accent wasn't laughingly bad. It was just bad.

- I had no problem with the plan Django came up with, or the fact that the Australian bandits actually agreed to help Django, or the fact that actually took off his chains. But to hand the nikka a gun AND some fukking dynamite? After you've walked this nikka in the Texan Sun for hours in chains? C'mon bruh.

- Some white folks were talking afterwards about how much they loved the movie, until Django had to kill Candie's sister. They couldn't stop complaining about it. Had me giggling.

I liked this movie more than Basterds or the Kill Bill flicks. 9/10. I don't know if it'll be my movie of the year until I see Zero Dark Thirty and Argo.

thx for the review...and thats saying a lot cuz Kill Bill is my fav flick. Oh and I think SLJ is the one that told Leo to get his shyt together and get comfy wit saying ******. Word is Leo was shook on the set and Sam was like :childplease:....just say the fukking word b.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
my mans said Sam should win an naacp award for c00ning. we've come full circle :heh:

the fam coming back angry as fukk. white folks was uncomfortable laughin in the theater. :heh:

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I guess I'm basing my assumption on the general reaction on this forum and lack of interest.. This is a QT movie and there wasn't a thread until the day the movie came out and there are hardly any posts in this thread. I haven't heard any white people say that... How can a white director have an anti-white agenda?

Well you can't take the opinion here and attach it to the entire black population. Just like I can't take this guy's opinion and make assumptions about white people...

KUHNER: Jamie Foxx and the rise of black bigotry - Washington Times

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
:ohhh:

In a recent interview with Vibe, he said he would not watch Quentin Tarantino’s latest film, set in the antebellum South, which opened in theaters on Tuesday. "I can’t speak on it ’cause I’m not gonna see it," he said. :The only thing I can say is it’s disrespectful to my ancestors, to see that film."

:to:
Do The Right Thing like Spike Lee
:whew: