Anyone work out on gymnast rings?

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Haven't ever considered these before but was thinking how amazing they must be in terms of full muscular recruitment, building the neural connections due to balance and how the pretty much ensure you have perfect form because they won't accept anything less.

There is an immense range of movements you can do on them as well to hit pretty much everything. Anyone use em? If so what did you gain and what was the change before and after their introduction?

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I used Blast Straps by EliteFTS

Did full calisthenics for years with them. Best piece of workout equipment ever.

url

Last edited:

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Haven't ever considered these before but was thinking how amazing they must be in terms of full muscular recruitment, building the neural connections due to balance and how the pretty much ensure you have perfect form because they won't accept anything less.

There is an immense range of movements you can do on them as well to hit pretty much everything. Anyone use em? If so what did you gain and what was the change before and after their introduction?
IMG-20221027-2223213.jpg

One of the best and easiest equipment for at home. Mine is permanent. A lot of people have these removable rigs. I drilled into an unfinished part of my ceiling in my work room and put a permanent mount. And I hang them from there. And I can the rings/straps with me where ever.

Could definitely be bro science but I feel like pullups on rings recruit more muscles. Even the varying degrees of static holds feels better.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Could definitely be bro science but I feel like pullups on rings recruit more muscles. Even the varying degrees of static holds feels better.

Thanks, this is exactly what I was thinking when seeing them in action. Due to them not being stationary you simply can't use them mindlessly as it takes a lot of fine motor control for static holds and presses especially will give you immediate feedback of any imbalances. Groundwork/weights tend to have their own compensatory methods you may not notice so its good to know this works as I suspected.

Will have to invest as the range of exercises you can do on them is amazing and it takes bodyweight reps to the next level.

ChatGPT-4

Superstar
Daps
i have. and it will burn the shyt out of your shoulders. good exercise, but its not easy, AT ALL.

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Thanks, this is exactly what I was thinking when seeing them in action. Due to them not being stationary you simply can't use them mindlessly as it takes a lot of fine motor control for static holds and presses especially will give you immediate feedback of any imbalances. Groundwork/weights tend to have their own compensatory methods you may not notice so its good to know this works as I suspected.

Will have to invest as the range of exercises you can do on them is amazing and it takes bodyweight reps to the next level.

Amazon. You can probably cop a set for 30 or less. They aren't expensive by any means.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I have before; I'm getting older though fukk that. I thought I seriously damaged my shoulder one time and left it alone. That shyt is not for the weak.

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I have before; I'm getting older though fukk that. I thought I seriously damaged my shoulder one time and left it alone. That shyt is not for the weak.

I fixed my shoulder with the rings.

I told this story here before but I hit a heavy bag wrong and fukked my shoulder up. I got to the point where I could do shyt with it, pushups, overhead press, bench, throw a baseball, football. But I was always one move away from tweaking it or hurting it. There was always one movement that would cause pain. I have paralette bars and static holds on them wasn't doing anything.

I started doing varying degree holds on the rings and it's been at least 2 years but I'm shoulder is 100% never have any pain. Pretty much stronger than its ever been.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Any time you hurt a muscle it only ever happened due to an underlying imbalance which is whats truly responsible. We have unconscious adaptations along with habituated patterns so we don't notice the other muscles being recruited as the motion is still the motion but its not 100% correct.

They are absolutely perfect for strengthening all of your stabilizer muscles as well as the ensuring perfect form thing previously mentioned as there is no room to cheat or be sloppy. That shaking you get when first using them and just suspension holding is your Central Nervous System unblocking and re calibrating as you're hitting it with new info it usually doesn't get.

Recommended.

These look interesting as well:

434_0.jpg

But I can't say if they're solid or just a gimmick but do know that inversion is great for moving the lymph/blood circulation as well as decompression. Anyone use Gravity Boots?

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Really great workout if you have the space and the equipment. One of the things I envy about other countries is the prevalence of rings in their public parks.

One of my favorite things about living in Santa Monica was hitting the beach and hitting the rings for a workout. :ahh:

As a taller person shyt is way harder but here is my GOAT for a tall breh doing bodyweight fitness.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Quick update:

Inversion boots are dope.
Try out a squat going against gravity and you'll get a whole new perspective on the movement as well as your true level of strength. That and the decompression/stretches feel really good and its amazing for lymph circulation as well.

• Dap
Reactions: MMS