Apparently, Drake put the Migos on and brought Atlanta back to life

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Are Migos a group folks will be speaking about years from now? Nothing about them is legendary. Who gives a fukk?

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of the artists on OVO reflect a niche R&B taste that really isn’t aligned with what’s hot on the pop charts. I like Majid Jordan and Naomi Sharon’s music a lot. The folks in here acting as if Drake kept these artists from being Taylor Swift status are arguing in bad faith.
It’s also bad faith to act like Drake made these guys when they had plenty of hits after him. IMO it’s completely fair to ask that if the stimulus is so potent why not use it to put your own city on

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Drake made Versace bigger but they were on the path to being just more trap rappers early on. The run starting in 2016 was what really made them and that was all them.

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
I wasnt in the south during Migos rise so it's not on me to argue anybodys points that they were one of the hottest groups out before Drake hopped on Versace, but for me personally I never heard of them until that song I thought they was a Mexican group at first :troll:

I completely disagree with him bringing Atlanta back to life though that's bullshyt, that region was running rap with or without Drake. nikkas like Future, 21 and Thugger were mainstream stars before the Drake collabs and Lil Baby had buzz off of "Freestyle" which is damn near the Atlanta "Dreams & Nightmares" to this day. iirc Drake damn near tossed Future in the bushes and kicked him off his tour after Future hurt his feelings over some comments in an interview and then after Future leveled up with that run from Monster-DS2 he came running back to rub off on his wave and do a collab tape.

That being said 2 things can be true at once, Drake does try to hop on the waves of artists who are buzzing to keep himself at the top which is smart on his behalf but when people start saying "so and so wouldnt be this without Drake" that's when the colonizer talks start. It can be mutually beneficial and Migos is an example of taking the ball and running with it, then there are other examples like Makonnen, Bloccboy JB, and even Fetty Wap to an extent, who was on fire up to that point.

You either benefit from the Drake stimulus or you become a victim of the Drake stimulus :wow:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Coach K: Drake helped tremendously
Migos: Drake helped tremendously
Random Coli User: :duck:
shyt is hilarious
like i said it was very disingenuous how everyone went against drake - same ppl who dikk rode him and used him to get shine

oh well. life goes on

2ATMsYouSteppinOrWhat

No Round 2’s :camumad:
Daps
yes lol, they had a 10 year run as the #1 group in rap and then a member tragically passed away they will definitely be immortalized

stop this

they didnt have a 10 year run.

they were hot for 4/5 years max (really 1 year. Cause after Culture dropped they kept flopping)

and you can’t say they were the #1 rap group because they were the only rap group out