Apple TV streaming service

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
"Let's toss $15 mil at an A-lister to do a prestige drama that HBO passed on a decade ago and FX passed on 4 years ago that will start strong and waver off by episode 4 ending up being kinda ok i guess." that's the AppleTV gameplan
I wish HBO would toss money at prestige dramas they passed on a decade ago because I'm not too optimistic about 'MAX' with Zaslav in charge.

With Curb, Barry, and Succession ending it feels like The Last of Us is the only prestige show they have currently. Tokyo Vice is basura, True Detective hasn't been shyt since season one but is now CSI: Alaska. I need to watch The Sympathizer though, I'm hoping that's great.

Severance, Slow Horses and Pachinko feel like HBO shows. And then Silo, Drops of God, For All Mankind and Sugar are a step short but still good shows.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I wish HBO would toss money at prestige dramas they passed on a decade ago because I'm not too optimistic about 'MAX' with Zaslav in charge.

With Curb, Barry, and Succession ending it feels like The Last of Us is the only prestige show they have currently. Tokyo Vice is basura, True Detective hasn't been shyt since season one but is now CSI: Alaska. I need to watch The Sympathizer though, I'm hoping that's great.

Severance, Slow Horses and Pachinko feel like HBO shows. And then Silo, Drops of God, For All Mankind and Sugar are a step short but still good shows.
we're in an era of :yeshrug:tv across the board. i blame netflix. why? i don't know, b/c fukk em. every show i watch is ok to pretty good. i haven't been blown away in a long long time. honestly, last thing i watched that really blew me away was probably Chernobyl.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i'll be honest, i haven't really paid 100% attention, but i plan to watch later and my guess is
he's AI trained on old noir movies, etc
i watched it... fukk off. i'm sorry, you can probably
go back and cite some of the "clues" like how he can't get drunk, he glitches, etc, but that shyt was totally unearned. if there were no rumblings about a twist online and you watched this blind, i feel like the reaction to that final scene would have been "what the fukk? why? who cares? what was the point of that?"

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
i watched it... fukk off. i'm sorry, you can probably
go back and cite some of the "clues" like how he can't get drunk, he glitches, etc, but that shyt was totally unearned. if there were no rumblings about a twist online and you watched this blind, i feel like the reaction to that final scene would have been "what the fukk? why? who cares? what was the point of that?"
It's the way he talks about people and the movies, you could already tell he was not human. But they let it all hang out during this fight scene. After that, it's a question of Robot/Android/AI or Alien. Le sigh.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
It's the way he talks about people and the movies, you could already tell he was not human. But they let it all hang out during this fight scene. After that, it's a question of Robot/Android/AI or Alien. Le sigh.
i'm struggling to understand why i should give a shyt though. literally could have finished this season without that and just live off its style. that's the only good thing about it. it's slick, he looks cool, and the movie scenes intercut. the story itself isn't amazing or anything, the twist isn't enhancing it.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Sugar Ep 6

So they did the big reveal, which most of us could see from a mile away.

We got this before Penguin?

I thought he'd turn out to be a werewolf because he kept looking at the moon during the first episode.

But to be real, I'm not even mad. It's just so dumb and unnecessary I can't help but laugh.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
i'm struggling to understand why i should give a shyt though. literally could have finished this season without that and just live off its style. that's the only good thing about it. it's slick, he looks cool, and the movie scenes intercut. the story itself isn't amazing or anything, the twist isn't enhancing it.

No arguments from me. I was looking forward to it every week, now it's just solving the "kidnapping", cause the reveal is not something I want to keep checking for.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I’d imagine it will turn some people off but they’ve been hinting at something like this for awhile. Ever since the one chick in alcohol anonymous said an Angel saved her I felt like something was up. And the reviews for the show mentioned it blends two genres.

My issue is they waited too long for the reveal. I still like the show though.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I’d imagine it will turn some people off but they’ve been hinting at something like this for awhile. Ever since the one chick in alcohol anonymous said an Angel saved her I felt like something was up. And the reviews for the show mentioned it blends two genres.

My issue is they waited too long for the reveal. I still like the show though.
yeah. putting like 2 or 3 vague "some crazy reveal is coming" crumbs per episode for 5 weeks while there's a stylish procedural investigation going on the rest of the time is not enough to earn what happens. not even close, imo. i think most people are going strictly off reviews telling them something is coming. there are a few of the clues that would probably get shrugged off just as him being a pretty weird guy without going online and seeing, "Sugar has a crazy reveal in episode 6" tweets, etc.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dark Matter has potential to be interesting but I need the pace to pick up a little bit. I get it, they were establishing the setting (world and characters), but took too long for him to figure out what what's happening.

That ending of episode 2 though :lupe: I'll be tuning it next week

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
People love to hate on Apple TV shows and their low viewership, but they also have put out some of the best shows of the past few years:

Severance
Pachinko
Slow Horses
For All Mankind
Silo
Need that second season badly.
full