Apple’s iPhone 14 to lose the SIM tray in US, relying entirely on eSIM

Daps
Reppin
My Set
It dont matter to iphone users as long as their text bubbles are blue 🤣🤣.

Ps android users can manage text bubble colors on our phones yall nikkas pressed cuz yall got 2 options

neph27

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Worked for a major US carrier in a retail location for the past 7 years.

I can't tell you how many issues with our dog shyt outsourced "systems" get a faster solution for a customer because of the ability to either use an ESIM OR a physical sim card. Having the functionality for either is prime.

You can potentially help a customer remotely in certain situations if their phone has an ESIM.

You can save time, energy and frustration if the customer is in front of you and ends up just needing to move a physical sim from one device or another.

The projected savings for certain companies in the industry from a switch to ESIM only is around 300m a year. Less physical inventory to manage and track, but it's going to cause it's own problems by eliminating it as an option.

I thought apple was doing fine with their IPad's and IPhone SE models which did ESim by default but it wasn't your only option in a pinch.

kt773

All Star
Daps
Reppin
chi town southside wild 100's

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Why do you need an aux jack when they make USB-C head phones that sound 5x better? I was happy that my new phone didn't have one, get that useless shyt off my phone.
:camby:

easy way to cause water damage to your power port when you have your phone out in your hand while it's raining or upside down in your back pocket.

I've charged my phone with my portable charger countless times while watching videos or listening to music/podcasts via the 3mm headphone jack.

the 3mm jack is a inexpensive multi-industry standard thats been around for decades and just works.

i'm not totally against the USB-C headphone jack functionality, I just don't believe the 3mm jack should be completely replaced by it.

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
:what:

if you don't have a WIFI or a current data plan then you'll unable to activate the sim, thats a problem!
They're talking about a second international sim. You already have a US plan, even then hotels have wifi.