Appreciation Thread: Salute to the 2010 Trifecta - Drake, K Dot and J. Cole

Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cloud
Brehs, there are umpteem threads discussing who is better than who.

In this thread we ain’t on that shyt. This is to show love and appreciation to these rappers for staying consistent and creative and steadily moving this art form on.

This 2022, we showing love and appreciation to our people fukk all the bullshyt. Come in a post why you appreciate these artists.

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
If I’m making a thread like this I gotta salute the the four kings - drake, cole, Kendrick, and future. People may not put future in the same tier or diss his lyrics but bruh had a huge decade and greatly influenced rap more than drake (the pop star) IMO.

These four gave you music from four different angles and held down the genre.

None of these “next” dudes are touching these guys. Don’t care about popularity, but as far as skill, innovation, influence, risk taking…no where near them

Last edited:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
This top 3 really only exists on the internet between stans.

Drake, Future, Kanye/Thug is a way more accurate Top 3 if we wanna talk about what people are really listening to outside.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
This top 3 really only exists on the internet between stans.

Drake, Future, Kanye/Thug is a way more accurate Top 3 if we wanna talk about what people are really listening to outside.
Kanye's 2010 decade is the definition of not being listened to outside (don't even come at me, certified Kanye stan but his music as far as radio, clubs, cars was not outside like 04-12 Kanye)

Thug is greatly over estimated on this board, bruh was not more successful, listened to or influential than Cole, Kendrick, Drake and Future. And he definitely doesn't have the same reach across age ranges and gender. The three in OP easily had people 10-50 listening to them, someone like Thug had 15-30 year old boys/men