Are black women holding black men to unrealistic standards compared to white standards of relationships?

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
women dont want men with money

they want dudes who appear to and act like they have money

its a HUGE difference

This is true cause like previously stated many women simply dont understand money. Their only frame of reference for wealth is social media and tv so their perception of what having money looks likes is heavily skewed toward celebrity and entertainer jet setting lifestyles. The is not reality for a typical corporate persons and business owners making 100k+. They might have long days, work weekends, be on call etc.. In general the more money you make the more responsibility and less time you have. There is always a tradeoff. Only someone who never made any money would think otherwise.

BW simplistic understanding money is also why they focus so heavy on salary alone when there are a number of other metrics to determine a persons real wealth and economic mobility. What good is making 6 figures if you live check to check? It's about what you keep and not what you make. Often times that bus driver making 75K with a pension and savings is better off financially than that educated woman making 100k with 80 grand of student loan debt and mountains of credit card debt. Simply focusing on salary alone is not an adequate way to judge someone's finances.

BW tend to cherry pick the salary stat and ignore the other stats. Even though the average BM man makes more than BW. In many cases where a BW does make a little more than a BM the BM has less debt and spends much less than those BW. BW have the highest amount of student loan and credit card debt. They spend the most money on consumer goods like make up and hair care. And a lot of jobs and careers they work in have lower wage ceilings over time.. So often times those few BW who do earn a little more than BM in their peer groups are often doing worse than those men. So in many instances that college educated BW making 80k with loan debt is not really dating down if that blue collar debt free BM makes 60k .

Studious one

Change names, like change clothes; stay a fly girl
Daps
Y'all continue to keep leaving the main keypoint out time and time again.

If a black man making $50k marries a black women making $50k, that's $100k. Comfortable in a majority of cities. That is why whites, asians, and Latinos can afford to buy homes, start businesses, and pass it down to their kids.

So instead of arguing this and that, why not Black people combine incomes?
This ends the black gender war right here. But people want to keep their head in the sand and see who’s piss arc is higher.

Studious one

Daps
Honestly, no.

White and Asian women hold their men to very high standards on average. I've seen it first hand. Hell, the whole "6 ft" obsession originated from White women on Tinder. And Asian women demand that you make a lot of money, are highly educated, and have a certain social status to get with them.

Middle Eastern and Indian/Pakistani women are like that too but worse because they're pressured to mostly deal with strict families pressuring them to stay within their cultures/religions.

Black women sometimes have unrealistic standards but I think it's overblown. I just think that BW with high standards are more vocal on social media compared to White and Asian/Indian women with high standards but they're very much just a vocal minority.

I know Black men who had "ride or die" chicks who made more money than them and stuck by them when they were working dead end jobs up until their career change.

The only women I can think of who genuinely seem to have more flexible standards for their men than BW are Latinas. And, even then, some of them especially from Colombia and the DR are money obsessed.
I just realized that most of these dudes can’t relate because even when they date outside their race, they’re dating low tier non-black women. That’s the reason why they don’t realize that non-black women have a higher “standard“, they’re used to scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Studious one

Daps
that's not true. If it were true women would all be getting pregnant by well off men. The overwhelming majority of women aren't getting pregnant by millionaires (or even men making six figures) and they're not getting pregnant by men who 'raise their social class'. That's all imaginary fan-fiction stuff women talk about on the internet because their life is terrible so they dream and pretend life is an anime.

and even if women do end up married to these "winners of life men" they often cheat or end up divorced with them anyway.

In my opinion, a lot of women don't know what they want, so they just want everything. They see another woman getting something and decide they want that too. They want the money, they want the time together hugging on the couch, they want the high rise apartment, they want the cozy two story house away from the hustle and bustle.

...and that goes on until they accidentally stumble across a dude and realize his traits are what she actually wants...or she fukks up a prior relationship and realizes she was happiest there.

...and men aren't blameless in that either...dudes often bend over backwards to impress and put on this prince charming routine (at least at first before eventually they revert to their own personality). Making it hard for women to weigh the pros and cons of different qualities.

But I will say from experience the difference between dealing with a woman who knows what she wants and a woman who wants what other women want is night and day.
Repped!

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
that's not true. If it were true women would all be getting pregnant by well off men. The overwhelming majority of women aren't getting pregnant by millionaires (or even men making six figures) and they're not getting pregnant by men who 'raise their social class'. That's all imaginary fan-fiction stuff women talk about on the internet because their life is terrible so they dream and pretend life is an anime.

and even if women do end up married to these "winners of life men" they often cheat or end up divorced with them anyway.

In my opinion, a lot of women don't know what they want, so they just want everything. They see another woman getting something and decide they want that too. They want the money, they want the time together hugging on the couch, they want the high rise apartment, they want the cozy two story house away from the hustle and bustle.

...and that goes on until they accidentally stumble across a dude and realize his traits are what she actually wants...or she fukks up a prior relationship and realizes she was happiest there.

...and men aren't blameless in that either...dudes often bend over backwards to impress and put on this prince charming routine (at least at first before eventually they revert to their own personality). Making it hard for women to weigh the pros and cons of different qualities.

But I will say from experience the difference between dealing with a woman who knows what she wants and a woman who wants what other women want is night and day.
fire post

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I just realized that most of these dudes can’t relate because even when they date outside their race, they’re dating low tier non-black women. That’s the reason why they don’t realize that non-black women have a higher “standard“, they’re used to scraping the bottom of the barrel.
nah non black women have a more realistic standard

where do you think this notion of tupac in a business suit comes from

Studious one

Daps
This .

Whoever has not figured this out... I'd say most women not all. There are definitely fighters but majority of them see uplifting the race as our job and they look at us like we haven't positioned them to win. Part of this is hard wired into them by our human nature. Women look to providers naturally.

Also worthy to note that this isn't a Black woman thing it's a female thing in general. That's why men have always traveled to explore and exploit imbalances in other societies to prey on their women.
:blessed: Someone finally admits it on the Coli that it’s not a black woman thing, but a female thing. Thank you!

Studious one

Daps
nah non black women have a more realistic standard

where do you think this notion of tupac in a business suit comes from
What, hood, chicks/birds ? And hood/birds chicks can be in corporate as well. I never wanted a thug, never desired a thug, and I’ll venture to say that any woman with a brain in her head doesn’t want one either. A protector yes. A thug doesn’t protect anything, just destroys. Those dumb bytches on Twitter don’t speak for all of us, and I wish you guys would stop taking their talking points so seriously

Studious one

Daps
Hmmm interesting. This thread specifically puts BM in a bad light?? That's funny because the thread and it's title paints BW as delusional harpies who know nothing and are out for self.

Any nuance of this discussion comes back to it being the fault of BW, just like many of these topics. It is what is. But yes, the reasonable ppl will be okay.
Hahahaha. And they say women have no accountability!

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
Dont you brehs ever get tired of the same old conversations
The issue is they keep recurring on the internet and social media. Relations between BM and BW aren't the best. Hell relations between BM aren't the best as well as relations amongst BW and each other. Typical black people shyt where we can't get along with each other.

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
this is why you dont pay attention to social media.

please step outside
This is the problem....too many folks even the social butterflies be online and on social media too much...also they think social media and topics from anti black male women like Cyn G is law.