Are the Majority of Movie Theaters doing the assigned seating BS?

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Assigned seating might be better but cancelling is a bytch and those convenience fees are BS too.
It's so easy to cancel with Fandangonow, you can cancel right up to the showtime and get a refund or a fandango credit.

And if you have a rewards membership with a theater usually the convenience fee is waived too(smaller chains maybe not)

TheFryingDutchman

Grenada Bound
Daps
Especially since all my local theaters show about 40 minutes of trailers before the movie. :stopitslime:

Breh this shyt is becoming a plague. There must have been 20 minutes of trailers before The Avengers movie. This shyt is so out of hand I don't know how we got to this point as a society. I get legitimate heated about how long these previews are now.

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
I understand all of the positives of assigned seating but I still prefer to see movies at the small theater nearby with bummy unassigned seats, sticky floors, limited snacks, and long lines. It takes me back to my childhood.

However, I was in that theater shushing nikkas during Infinity War when shyt hit the fan.

I agree, wholeheartedly. Where I live, people think I'm crazy when I tell them that I prefer the conventional theater here over the one with assigned seating and recliner chairs. The latter feels like a lounge or some shyt to me and doesn't give me that, "I'm at the movies childhood :wow:," feeling from my childhood.

It's not even that "crazy" when I think about it. It's like a Yankees fan saying they prefer old Yankee stadium over new Yankee stadium. :yeshrug:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I'd like to quote people, but there's just too many. First things first, who waits in line for hours for a movie (besides opening night)? I NEVER had to wait in line for hours. :heh:

Second, I was able to grab a good seat for Avengers 20 minutes before bell time. :stopitslime:

Third, 99% of the times I've been to the movies I've had good seats. :stopitslime:

I don't mind assigned seating for opening night, IMAX, or special showings, but I'm old school. I like it when you can go in and sit where you please. :ld:

Last edited:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
It's becoming mandatory. I know for Cinemark/Century theaters it is

I think it's to combat people sneaking into movies because it fukks up the theaters money as well since they get a cut from studios.
Won't stop me from sneaking in. :lolbron:

Just watch a movie weeks out. Theater will be mostly empty. :manny:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Went to a local small theater, where I haven't been to since summer '16, to find out they started this.

I know high class theaters in LA do this. I hate this shyt. :beli:
Was gonna see Avengers that opening Thursday night but I looked at the theater I was close to and saw the reviews..I didnt like that assigned seating shyt and sometimes it took time to straighten it out.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I'd like to quote people, but there's just too many. First things first, who waits in line for hours for a movie (besides opening night)? I NEVER had to wait in line for hours. :heh:

Second, I was able to grab a good seat for Avengers 20 minutes before bell time. :stopitslime:

Third, 99% of the times I've been to the movies I've had good seats. :stopitslime:

I don't mind assigned seating for opening night, IMAX, or special showings, but I'm old school. I like it when you can go in and sit where you please. :ld:
Don't believe I've ever stood in line longer than 15 minutes to get a ticket.

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
I'm so used to reclining seats, I get legit mad/disappointed when I end up in a theater with regular ass seats. And I was born in the '80s, was young as hell with my mom taking me to the show back when it was one big ass screen and it was double features. But I definitely appreciate the evolution of movie watching in theaters.

I'm lowkey hooked on the Atom app...I was steady keeping track of how many theaters were selling out of Black Panther when it dropped, and how quickly in some cases. Kinda forgot to do that as much when Infinity War came out though.

Tetsuo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I hated that shyt at first cuz I use to just show up early to get good seats and it was annoying when they were already bought. But now it's:banderas: