Are the pelicans on the rise to a contending team?

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
Pels and Blazers next 3 games might be the difference. I can see both of em going 1-3 :patrice:
True but Pels got that energy...curious how they do in those 2 Rockets games coming up later this year with no Boogie

FaygoMI

All Star
Daps
im happy they didnt fire alvin gentry and gave him time for his system to work. they clicking now how he envisioned it when he took the job

Gentry is a trash coach. The system is only working because Boogie went down. However, the spacing is a million times better and Mirotic is better than advertised on the defensive end. They don't have the shooters to sustain this over the course of a season.

10 game win streak and only beat 1 good team. Please don't say they beat the heat and the bucks. The 7th and 8th seed in the east :picard:

Later this month they play 6 games in 8 days because of a make up game with Dallas. With as brittle as AD is he won't make it out that stretch without an injury.

If they make the playoffs they won't beat Portland, Okc, spurs, or Minnesota.

They struggle against Utah or Denver.

I still see them choking away a playoff birth or ending up with a 7th or 8th seed.

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
I can’t even recall the last time they had a decent wing that could shoot the 3 and defend. Eric Gordon never wanted to be there in the first place so he never balled out like he is in Houston. As of right now it’s all up to AD to carry them there, but this nikka can never stay healthy. It’s sooo damn frustrating.
U think Danny Green would work in that system?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
they have a knack for signing injury-prone players, and seem to be allergic to signing wings.
davis & holiday are the last players remaining from their Band-Aid teams of the past, and I don't trust them to stay healthy. and now, Demarcus cousins gets hurt all a sudden.

if mirotic isn't a free agent, I guess theyre gonna trade him for an SF in the summer.

then davis' clumsy ass, turns around and almost breaks his ankle in half last night.

I don't even think hes injury prone. hes just flat-out clumsy. otherwise, he'd never play.

these injury scares happen more often than not.

Pels and Blazers next 3 games might be the difference. I can see both of em going 1-2 :patrice:

yea theyre both fraudin right now.

they'll both be lucky to make it to the finish line as 7th & 8th seeds.

Naw it’s because Boogie went down is why the’re so good. Everyone’s role got defined. And AD stepped back in that dominant 2 way role that he couldn’t be sharing the team with Cousins. AD needs the offense built around him and with his ability and talent will elevate his team to a higher level

Also It gave Jrue a chance to go back into his aggressive allstar form. He doesn’t have to worry about deferring anyone. And the nikka low key is really really good. He really is an allstar pg.

they were winning WITH boogie.

holiday is more aggressive because this is like the most hes played without getting injured since he got traded there.

No it's because some of their terrible wings started playing better. You are on drugs if you think Boogie was holding them back. They were winning with him.

yea

people forget, they started their run with cousins in there.

that Houston game was like the coming of age.

Last edited:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Already the "Whose team is this?" nonsense.. Just let them play
Yes. It’s pretty much needs to be established that this is AD’s team and also build the entire scheme around him first. Not two tall motherfukkers jacking up 3s all game.

If Dwyane Wade was able to accept it with LeBron then Boogie should be willing to. They are playing better without him.

horizon

Superstar
Daps
They would be title contenders this year if Boogie was healthy

They'll make a conference finals sometime in the next two years, I'd say 2019 would be their best shot